ADVERTISEMENT

#1 Elephant #2 I Plant Taters All Year #3 Touchdown Jesus #4 Choklahoma **

#3 team in the country barely beat ball state, Pitt, northwestern, Vandy and so cal. But the committee leader guy said that they had notable wins over northwestern and Syracuse ....what?

Reactions: GamecockJL
It'll be interesting to see how Clemson travels for their game. Notre Dame should have the crowd advantage, but how much?

It'll be interesting to see how Clemson travels for their game. Notre Dame should have the crowd advantage, but how much?
I don’t much believe in parity in college football but most here do. With that said ND beat Pitt by 5 and we all know what clemmy did last night. This game won’t be close. Tigers once again have a cake walk to a butt whooping by Alabama.

I think they got it right, but it sets up for Bama-Clemson IV. Getting kinda old.
But if they win to set it up, who's to argue? The tides ebb and flow in sports programs, just as in everything else humans do. Saban won't always be at Bama or he might stay too long. Dabo will pass his prime. Other teams will emerge. The trick is to be one of them.

Reactions: USCLaw85
Predictable. Evidently the playoffs started yesterday for everyone not named ND... they got a bye.

Predictable. Evidently the playoffs started yesterday for everyone not named ND... they got a bye.
I've got the remedy, but someone in charge is going to have to make it happen. No, the remedy isn't expanding the playoffs, either. That would only mask the real problem presented by Notre Dame. Anyhow, they will get their @$$E$ beat, so maybe that will work against them if this scenario occurs again.

I've got the remedy, but someone in charge is going to have to make it happen. No, the remedy isn't expanding the playoffs, either. That would only mask the real problem presented by Notre Dame. Anyhow, they will get their @$$E$ beat, so maybe that will work against them if this scenario occurs again.
Agreed. The committee missed an opportunity to send a clear message to ND. If the committee won't get that ball rolling, no one else will. Instead, the status quo continues another year and ND loves it.

Agreed. The committee missed an opportunity to send a clear message to ND. If the committee won't get that ball rolling, no one else will. Instead, the status quo continues another year and ND loves it.
All the major conferences now have championship games. To be eligible for the playoffs, they should be participants in a conference, with all the opportunities and hazards that entails. Don't try to take their NBC deal away, but tell them to play in a conference if they want to be a candidate for the CFP. There might be years they are good enough to get the deal Bama got last year. Right now, they get a better deal every year. So they ought to face the rigors of a conference.

Reactions: bucketdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT