ADVERTISEMENT

ACC advertising itself as THE football conference

UT beat their division champ by 20.

But so much is based on bowls.
Here's an example how an SEC bowl game sets up
#6 SEC vs #3 from another conference.
Very seldom do you get a matchup pitting a team from the sec and another conference who have accomplished similar in conference.
I'll be the first to say we shoudnt be losing to a south Florida but take a look at where they finished...1st.
But the SEC took the loss.

king wardWell-Known Member

The BEST sustains success over many years, not one!
Could be; could be not. The BEST is whoever is best right now. Anyone who was once the best and isn't today only used to be BEST.

KW...I never said they were BEST. Get it right...Retard. I said they could make an argument. Stop kissing Tater ass in this forum!

I think it is not hard to argue that the ACC was the toughest conference in college football after you take all things into consideration.

One factor you didn't mention was the number of NFL draft picks from each conference. That would be really the best evidence of which conference has the better players . . . although maybe not the best teams and coaches. Do you know that data?

One factor you didn't mention was the number of NFL draft picks from each conference. That would be really the best evidence of which conference has the better players . . . although maybe not the best teams and coaches. Do you know that data?

Thats kinda iffy to use since a ton of good players get drafted that played on crap teams but get drafted high anyway. But since you asked between 2005 and 2015 the SEC had 519 the ACC was second with 449, Big 10 third with 419 followed by Pac 12 with 381. By that logic the USC trojans should be abusing everyone on the field and LSU should be SEC champs more than Bama. Over that same time span draft picks by school go like this

Trojans 74
LSU 67
FSU 65
OU 63
Bama 60
UGA 60
Ohio St 57
UF 55
Miami 53
Clemson 46
Texas 46
Wis 44
VT 42
Iowa(shocking) 42

Even the fact that the ACC can even be mentioned as a top Football conference is enough to make me want to puke orange koolaid...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT