ADVERTISEMENT

All Tanner had to do was hire Jamey Chadwell from Coastal.

When I think back at the Muschamp era, I think his biggest downfall was his gameday decisions. He was a horrible gameday coach. I certainly hope Tanner recognizes that and finds that part of the job important enough to consider that this go around. Chadwell would definitely be a top candidate imo. I'd have no problem with that hire.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Remember when Fuente and Herman were sure fire can’t miss candidates?
No.

Fuente was never a candidate....he let it be known early he wanted nothing to do with coaching in the SEC.

And still believe Herman was ours until UT got involved and the Citadel issue was an excuse.

No.

Fuente was never a candidate....he let it be known early he wanted nothing to do with coaching in the SEC.

And still believe Herman was ours until UT got involved and the Citadel issue was an excuse.
I meant how everyone regarded them nationally

Reactions: rogue cock
Tanner's specialty is making dumb hires. He will hire a coach that has no HC, DC, or OC experience. He will hire someone who has never been given the repsonsibility of running a program. Most of all he will hire someone no one else wants. Beamer. In a year or two after that, when the nail is in the coffin, the folks will say Carolina is a coach's graveyard. No, it is a dumb decision makers paradise.
Agree.
Also...we may possibly hire a guy with no HC/Coordinator experience anywhere...and are hiring him to run an SEC East program!!!!! I would doubt Beamer being a HC at ECU until he could produce 25 wins by the end of season 3....so people have a strong opinion about this because it's pretty easy to see the outcome of this Beamer hire IF it happens. I think Carolina will quietly lose more money than they save by going the cheap route on the coaching hire.
Napier is smart enough to know he needs top coaches...and top coaches demand top pay. If I was the powers that be...I'd be more worried that Frank's boy ISN'T asking the same questions.

Reactions: SOSUSC
That is true. Napier and Chadwell could be all smoke and mirrors. Either might come here and fall flat on his face. But Napier is not doing something unique like Chadwell. Something that might give us an edge.
What is unique about it?

Have you seen them play? Watch their game against BYU and you will see.
No I mean I get the offense they run is different but that sort of offense doesn’t seem to succeed in p5.

running it at csu and north Greenville is much different than a team ofp5 coordinators and analysts scheming against it.

Look at malzahns offense and how it has been picked apart after a few years

No I mean I get the offense they run is different but that sort of offense doesn’t seem to succeed in p5.

running it at csu and north Greenville is much different than a team ofp5 coordinators and analysts scheming against it.

Look at malzahns offense and how it has been picked apart after a few years
It might give us some wins and time to recruit better. Hopefully, a guy like Chadwell would adapt.

I just think if we are not going beamer then go Napier, he at least knows what it takes to win in P5
ULL ain't looking so good right now.

How the &$*#Q@ do you hike the ball to your punter 10-15 feet over his head for an easy scoop and score for the other team? I know its wet but damn ...

Freeze, Chadwell, Napier in that order.

Unfortunately the real order for Ray is:

#1 Beamer
#2 Beamer
#3 Beamer
#4 Beamer
#5 Satterfield
#6 Napier
#7 Herman
#8 Rich Rod
#9 Derek Dooley
#10 Muschamp again