ADVERTISEMENT

As well as Champ is recruiting

I was just on Rivals counting the classes, may be 9rh on another list but I was talking about Rivals,sorry I should have stated that in the initial post.

So long as we're finishing in the top 20 recruiting classes, I think the gap in talent is not enormous. Keep finishing there, and we'll win our share with decent coaching.
We are just outside of the top 20 at 22 right now.

time to finish strong. I am pleased we have 3 in the top 100 and are still in the mix for 2 more in that top tier (Steele, Crouch). Barely 2 weeks !!!!!!!

Coffee is for Closers, lets close

ps I want Eric Crouch

Reactions: Tiger71
We are 22nd on Rivals. Below are the other SEC teams/Clemson. Looks like we are 11th in the SEC.

Sort of a bleak outlook when you consider the below-

1) Alabama
2) Texas A&M (play every year)
3) LSU
4) Clemson (play every year)
6) Georgia (play every year, stand in our way of winning East)
11) Arkansas (2-10 this year)
13) Tennessee (5-7 this year, play every year, stand in our way of winning East)
14) Auburn
16) Ole Miss (5-7 this year, essentially on probation?)
20) Florida (play every year, stand in our way of winning East)
21) Mississippi State
22) South Carolina

Last edited:
It can change but somewhat disappointed. We should have established relationships with high school coaches now. Honestly thought this year would be the year we would make real headway. Can’t believe Tennessee, ole miss, and Arkansas are all recruiting better than we are. Too bad we can’t land 5 stars out of Florida.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
We are 22nd on Rivals. Below are the other SEC teams/Clemson. Looks like we are 10th in the SEC.

1) Alabama
13) Tennessee (5-7 this year, play every year, stand in our way of winning East)
14) Auburn
21) Mississippi State
22) South Carolina
You left put LSU

We have only 17 commits . We will need up at around 17 or 18 unless we get Steele and then top 15

Reactions: funktavious
I forget the exact stat, but almost every team that has made the playoff had average ranking of 10 in the four years leading up to their appearance.

I think if you go back 15 years, every team that has won the championship has averaged something like 5th in the 4 years leading up to it and and every team that has made it averaged like 8th.

Reactions: Noonoo-33
It’s crazy to see prospects from California considering South Carolina. Definitely impressive. It’s also very difficult when the classes rank in the bottom half in the SEC but so high nationally. Keep in mind rankings are impacted by wins and losses. We could be a top 25 team this season in reality but our Win Loss record doesn’t allow it.

The teams around where we are in the conference will jump by beating the teams at the top of that list. Muschamp desperately needs a signature win.

It's insane how well The Chad and Arkansas are recruiting!
Players like stats and The Chad has a record of accumulating them.

time to finish strong. I am pleased we have 3 in the top 100 and are still in the mix for 2 more in that top tier (Steele, Crouch). Barely 2 weeks !!!!!!!

Coffee is for Closers, lets close

ps I want Eric Crouch
Crouch seems to be getting awfully comfortable with the Dark side.

We are 22nd on Rivals. Below are the other SEC teams/Clemson. Looks like we are 11th in the SEC.

1) Alabama
3) LSU
14) Auburn
21) Mississippi State
22) South Carolina
I don't see Mizzou or KY on there. Interesting.

It’s crazy to see prospects from California considering South Carolina. Definitely impressive. It’s also very difficult when the classes rank in the bottom half in the SEC but so high nationally. Keep in mind rankings are impacted by wins and losses. We could be a top 25 team this season in reality but our Win Loss record doesn’t allow it.

The teams around where we are in the conference will jump by beating the teams at the top of that list. Muschamp desperately needs a signature win.

That is true. Auburn was the lone exception. Over the course of the previous 4 years leading up to their 2010 championship they had 3 top 10 classes and 1 class in the teens.

Reactions: RichFin53
My biggest concern with Champ is that he wouldn’t be able to recruit here . He has a reputation as a dynamic recruiter but look where he built that Reputation , Texas , Florida and LSU . They open the door and get 5 Stars . We have signed 2-3 five stars in our programs history . He definitely is raising the bar but I doubt we will ever see top 10 classes out of him . No knock on Muschamp , no coach has managed to do it consistently here . It only takes one or two homerun recruits to turn a program around so we will see .

We are 7th when you look at average number of stars per recruit. I think that is a better indicator of how strong a class is. We aren't going to take 26 recruits this year like Ole Miss so they should be ranked higher when looking at the total class. We are very close to Clemson this year when you look at it this way which shows we are closing the gap.

We are 7th when you look at average number of stars per recruit. I think that is a better indicator of how strong a class is. We aren't going to take 26 recruits this year like Ole Miss so they should be ranked higher when looking at the total class. We are very close to Clemson this year when you look at it this way which shows we are closing the gap.

Now that is some spin. Close to Clemson this year? My God.

We re not getting it done on the trail. Plain and simple.

So if we could recruit this well while playing in another league, we'd do better.

My biggest concern with Champ is that he wouldn’t be able to recruit here . He has a reputation as a dynamic recruiter but look where he built that Reputation , Texas , Florida and LSU . They open the door and get 5 Stars . We have signed 2-3 five stars in our programs history . He definitely is raising the bar but I doubt we will ever see top 10 classes out of him . No knock on Muschamp , no coach has managed to do it consistently here . It only takes one or two homerun recruits to turn a program around so we will see .

I think it will take too 10 classes to catch uga and klempson. Klempson started doing it out of nowhere in 2009-2010. We can too.

Now that is some spin. Close to Clemson this year? My God.

We re not getting it done on the trail. Plain and simple.

Clemson is at 3.58 average star ranking and we are at 3.53. How do you not consider .05 stars close? That is basically dead even. When you consider they were .7 stars ahead of us last year and typically at least half a star on average ahead I would definitely say we are closing the gap this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT