ADVERTISEMENT

Bottom Line TATERS!!!! If we had had a "Connor Shaw" QB, we would have won...

We didn't even need a Connor Shaw level QB Saturday. We could have beaten them with a healthy Connor Mitch. We'd have beaten them in the ground by 21 points with Shaw and Dylan.

Reactions: nikolas22
And?

If they had Nuk, Watkins, and Spiller, it would have been worse.
Good Lord man, I'm talking one position....and I could say, if we had the New England offense we would have slaughtered them....it was a ONE POSITION difference between the two teams...there was no great talent difference between the two teams...all that's BS....their defense allowed 32 points against the bottom dweller of the SEC....

It must be 5:00 somewhere.....
I don't drink...so based on your comment you don't think I'm right...you guys know you're not deserving of your ranking and it's really starting to show....lot of "nervous" taters around...making light of everything...not "crowing" like they normally do...you know you may just be facing another WVA game if you make the playoffs...and that's got to be worrying you guys...

I don't drink...so based on your comment you don't think I'm right...you guys know you're not deserving of your ranking and it's really starting to show....lot of "nervous" taters around...making light of everything...not "crowing" like they normally do...you know you may just be facing another WVA game if you make the playoffs...and that's got to be worrying you guys...
lol....OK.
I just thought it was funny that you said it was only one position that made the difference , and that there was really no difference in the two teams other than that. The only 2 players that stood out to me that were comparable were Cooper and Moore. Other than that...nodda. Across both lines, the backfield, the DB's and Goodson was better than Moore I thought at LB.
And the bad part is your lines were JC's and upper classmen....and ours will be there for a couple more years.
When the pros come calling in the spring - I guess we'll see if the talent level was all that equal.

Good Lord man, I'm talking one position....and I could say, if we had the New England offense we would have slaughtered them....it was a ONE POSITION difference between the two teams...there was no great talent difference between the two teams...all that's BS....their defense allowed 32 points against the bottom dweller of the SEC....
We scored more points on Clemson than we did Citadel - both on our home field! It definitely was a QB difference - a Heisman candidate vs a 3rd string walkon - bottom line - a 5 pt. game. PLUS, remember 2 game-changing ref calls! THAT is key & will be this coming Sat. Just watch!!

Most of us Clemson fans will agree that the score was closer than we thought it would be or should have been...and that's a credit to your coaching staff for having them fired up and playing with great emotion. We played a very poor overall defensive game on top of turning the ball over 3 times. On the other hand, you guys played (to a large degree) how you've been playing all year, which is very inconsistent on offense and very poor on defense. However, if you think for a second that the score was indicative of the relative talent level of the 2 programs, you're just wearing the garnet sunglasses. Like most fan bases (including ours), you're just using a narrative that fits what you want to believe. And for the record, if we play like we did against the cocks, we will get handled rather easily in our next 2 games.

They won, we lost. The fact it was by 5 points or 50 points doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. What matters is we are 3-9 waiting to find out who our next coach is, hoping he will get us back to where we were 3-5 years ago. While they are undefeated playing for the #1 spot InThe playoffs.

We need to leave the moral victories in the past or we will never get to the level we want to be at.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT