ADVERTISEMENT

Bryce Thompson not signing ....

FWB4294

Oct 21, 2012
That’s a bummer . Not sure if it’s an academic issue . According to the article I read it looks like he’s going to Marshall possibly.

That's too bad. Guess that leaves an open scholly.

Who knows.. Based on what I read, I would guess it sounds like academics. Would have to go JUCO route to come here or could go play at Marshall straightaway.

I just can't figure out why a troubled WR would ever go play at Marshall?? No way that works out, right??

Last edited:
Hopefully he signs closer to the end of the high school semester. Gotta make sure he’s got the grades.

Who knows.. Based on what I read, I would guess it sounds like academics. Would have to go JUCO route to come here or could go play at Marshall straightaway.

I just can't figure out why a troubled WR would ever go play at Marshall?? No way that works out, right??

Haha !!! Yeah never works out . Of course it helps to be 6’4 and run like a cheetah with his tail on fire !! Oh Randy ...

Man that sucks. Kid could be a star and would get a lot of pt as a freshman. Hopefully all will workout. Don't mean to sound insensitive but it's not hard to have qualifying grades in hs to get into a college to play football.

He was a beast in the Shrine Bowl. Will be extremely tough/impossible replacing him, we seriously can't work something out? Him and and Character are two 4 stars we lost because of "grades" Thompson is going to Marshall, Character is going to Louisville.

Maybe they can play at UNC for a year to get the GPA up
I have to think that most teams in the country would have found a way to get two 4 stars Character and Thompson signed and enrolled, like Louisville and Marshall are doing. There is no reason we couldn't have given Thompson a academic redshirt, he even said that's what he wanted if he couldn't get qualified. We must have even greater football academic standards than Harvard.

hi-res-86109e38ce26efcd80d158fa3e186b66_crop_north.jpg

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
That’s a bummer . Not sure if it’s an academic issue . According to the article I read it looks like he’s going to Marshall possibly.
We knew from the start this was a probable outcome with Bryce. Wish it would have worked out for us. He is a helluva talent.

Reactions: Brace1
Not at all what happened with Randy Moss. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...emption-coming-home-to-marshall-from-fsu/amp/

Haha !!! Yeah never works out . Of course it helps to be 6’4 and run like a cheetah with his tail on fire !! Oh Randy ...

He was a beast in the Shrine Bowl. Will be extremely tough/impossible replacing him, we seriously can't work something out? Him and and Character are two 4 stars we lost because of "grades" Thompson is going to Marshall, Character is going to Louisville.
Post the link where Character didn’t come here for academic reasons?

I’m not the smartest guy about academic requirements for recruits, so could someone enlighten me about what requirements we have that Marshall University and Louisville don’t have as well?

I agree with those who are high on this kid. He has future NFL-er written all over him. Ridiculously talented. Sucks if it doesn't work out, which it sounds like will be the case.

Too early to give up on him. We need to do whatever we can to get him in here sooner or later. Don`t want to see him in an opposing teams uniform at Willy B. in the fall. He obviously wants to be a Gamecock.

Reactions: BigTomE and espurs1
The title of this thread is a little misleading. Thompson is not signing today, but that doesn't mean that he won't eventually sign with USC. Today is the first day of the signing period.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT