ADVERTISEMENT

Cant See Us Losing

You're missing that SC's OL is also horrible. Hard to believe you guys will have any sucessess running on them. Speaking of running, Brown will be running for his life. Maybe he hits enough big plays on the run but that's doubtful. Clemson's offense seems to be finding their footing, despite their inconsistent QB play. You guys come out strong but it won't last. Clemson has too many horses. Goes something like this: Clemson 34 - SC 13.
Unfortunately, I agree with you!!

Reactions: ILSEB
We also played Auburn with their backup QB. Not sure we win that game with Nix starting. Auburn's offensive stats are kind of irrelative at this point. We all know how Clemson has recruited last several years. Better talent than Auburn. D is much better and their offense is unfortunately peaking at the right time for them. I'm going to keep the faith that we'll play lights out and find a way to win, not sure what team some folks have been watching.
Their offense "peaking" has come against some of the worse defenses in the country. Basically their OC decided to run the ball against these terrible defenses and made things much easier for DJ. Now they may have improved some because they have gotten 4 games in a row to practice against bad defenses, but we can hold them down with no penalties and our offense not giving them the short field.

The Clemson defense is definitely the best defense we have played since UGa. They are and were better than AU and UF when we played them. However, their offense is not as good as AU's and I would easily suggest that they aren't as good as UF when we played either team.

Their offense really isn't THAT much better than the one we saw earlier in the season. But, it has given the impression that it has turned the corner because of how weak their opponents were the last month. Their opponents had some of the worst defenses in the nation, and Venables can easily pick apart a weak defense.

The Clemson offense has simply lost way too may starters and key replacements to be considered 'better' at this point. You don't lose players like Ross, Ngata, Ladson, Galloway, Bockhorst, Williams (OL). and potentially many others who may be playing with injuries they have been nursing all season and some how magically get 'better' than before their departures.
Clemson's Defense is better than TX A&M? LMAO Have you seen this team against their garbage ACC competition.
FSU and Wake scored a lot of points on that Defense.

We also played Auburn with their backup QB. Not sure we win that game with Nix starting. Auburn's offensive stats are kind of irrelative at this point. We all know how Clemson has recruited last several years. Better talent than Auburn. D is much better and their offense is unfortunately peaking at the right time for them. I'm going to keep the faith that we'll play lights out and find a way to win, not sure what team some folks have been watching.
I covered all of this, as well as others in this thread. Their resurgence has coincided with 4 consecutive games against defenses all ranking in the 70s or below. Also, do you think DJU is closer in talent to Nix or Finley? I'm saying with confidence he's closer to Finley in talent.

• Haha
Reactions: ILSEB and cockn'fyr
You're missing that SC's OL is also horrible. Hard to believe you guys will have any sucessess running on them. Speaking of running, Brown will be running for his life. Maybe he hits enough big plays on the run but that's doubtful. Clemson's offense seems to be finding their footing, despite their inconsistent QB play. You guys come out strong but it won't last. Clemson has too many horses. Goes something like this: Clemson 34 - SC 13.
We played really well against Auburn and Clemson's OL has looked worse than ours against lesser competition all year. They only passed us in offensive rankings compiled by the NCAA site last week against Wake Forest, the 4th in 4 consecutive defenses ranking 70 or below by those same stats. Their defense is also their worst statistically in years, again against lousy competition.

I can't see the response but someone made they aren't as good as TAMU defensively, very true! Clemson and TAMU have very similar defenses statistically but with TAMU doing it against far better competition. After all the improvement from our OL, playing at home, their level of competition to this point it would be a huge shock if they do anything similar to what TAMU did to our offense.

I can't see the response but someone made they aren't as good as TAMU defensively, very true! Clemson and TAMU have very similar defenses statistically but with TAMU doing it against far better competition. After all the improvement from our OL, playing at home, their level of competition to this point it would be a huge shock if they do anything similar to what TAMU did to our offense.
Nah, it won't be that bad.:rolleyes: [Emoticon added after the fact]

Last edited:
  • Haha
When we went on our 5 game run, I remember the spreads to be very close, Clemson won at least 2 or 3 ACC's during that run, but hadn't faced a schedule anywhere close to what we were playing and it always showed on the field, I hope that is the case tonight. It has to make a difference when you're comparing team statistics!

Seems like in the CU run they have hit a lot of deep balls and just killed us with the slant, bubble screen and YAC.
I hope we have learned to cover those better, I really think our tackling is better, it would be nice to make them more one-dimensional with Shipley, again can they be that much better than Auburn's Oline and Bigsby, I don't see it!

Last edited:
We played really well against Auburn and Clemson's OL has looked worse than ours against lesser competition all year. They only passed us in offensive rankings compiled by the NCAA site last week against Wake Forest, the 4th in 4 consecutive defenses ranking 70 or below by those same stats. Their defense is also their worst statistically in years, again against lousy competition.
Congrats on the Auburn win but that was due to terrible play calling by Auburn. If they stick to the run, they likely win. Clemson's defense is ranked 15th. Not world beaters but not shabby either.

When we went on our 5 game run, I remember the spreads to be very close, Clemson won at least 2 or 3 ACC's during that run, but hadn't faced a schedule anywhere close to what we were playing and it always showed on the field, I hope that is the case tonight. It has to make a difference when you're comparing team statistics!

Seems like in the CU run they have hit a lot of deep balls and just killed us with the slant, bubble screen and YAC.
I hope we have learned to cover those better, I really think our tackling is better, it would be nice to make them more one-dimensional with Shipley, again can they be that much better than Auburn's Oline and Bigsby, I don't see it!
Hell, you might remember they were ranked in favored going into '09, and the commentators even said we played a tougher schedule and were likely the better team.

Congrats on the Auburn win but that was due to terrible play calling by Auburn. If they stick to the run, they likely win. Clemson's defense is ranked 15th. Not world beaters but not shabby either.
And another thing, it's a dumb narrative that all Auburn had to do was run more. Tank had some long runs and we also stopped him a lot and he took himself out plenty too and the rest of the team didn't have a lot of success running. The only thing that claim can really be made for is the 4&1 before the half and at the same time, we got the ball back in the red zone at the end of the game just before we killed the clock. No reason to say they score instead of us and no reason to think we don't get the opportunity to score to make up for the lost touchdown.

Clemson's Defense is better than TX A&M? LMAO Have you seen this team against their garbage ACC competition.
FSU and Wake scored a lot of points on that Defense.
They can stop the run. Can we pass on them is the major question

• Haha
They are talented but they aren't the 85 Bears. Plus you don't compare your Dline to their Dline. You compare it to who they will be competing against. Our Dline vs their Online, close 50/50. Our Oline vs their Dline, advantage tateru. That's the two most important units. Add in special teams and turnovers and you end up with a coin toss as to who has the advantage tomorrow.

We are seeing mid way through the 1st quarter Clemson's defensive line dominate our offensive line. They are much quicker, and much more stout than any defense we've played since Georgia.

Our offensive line, except for a few stretches, has been very underwhelming all year- even against average - at best- defenses.

• Love
Reactions: ILSEB and king ward
You gave our offense way too much credit.....

This aged well.

If it makes you feel any better, I tried to be optimistic in a local pick 'em thread and called it 34-30 for the good guys. At least I was half right (but too bad it was the wrong half).

• Haha
Reactions: ILSEB and ImmaTiger
Our defense is playing as well as they can.

But Clemson's defense is overwhelming our offense.
Our defense might look bad statistically tonight, but they played decently though overmatched. You can't lay a loss on a defense when you score nothing. Scoring points not only gives a team a chance to outscore the opponent, it does so partially by taking up time that the opponent would have at its disposal to score.

I’ve never seen a team less prepared and motivated than we were. You could see it from the jump even before the game started; we were bobbing and jiving, Clemson was like a military unit.

This team doesn’t believe in itself, and you can see AND hear they have not particularly been encouraged to do so by the staff; lot of criticism, not much of anything else. You can see it in Brown, you can see it in both the OL and DL, you can see the timidity and uncertainty in the faces.

Is Clemson markedly better than Auburn really? Clemson has the 96th offense to Auburn's 46th, with Auburn having a much tougher strength of schedule. Compare defenses and Auburn is at 56 which is pretty mediocre while Clemson has the 15th defense, but when you factor in level of competition, Clemson's 15th defense probably wouldn't look so hot if they played Auburn's 3rd toughest SOS compared to their 45th SOS.
Well there’s your answer.

SC running the ball was never gonna happen but I thought Brown, who had been able to scramble and create some big plays with Vann in recent games, would find a few of those. Tough loss for you guys but when you refect on it, I think it was a good year.
Beating an Auburn team that had just lost its QB created what happens often here, unrealistic expectations. I saw a lot of predictions that we would actually win this game yet anybody who follows football could see Clemson easily had the second best defense we would face all year. Combine that with Dabo always getting his team to play their best against us and it was obvious it would have taken a miracle last night to upset them. We have one of the worst offenses in college football, going against one of the best defenses, this was easy to see coming.

Lol, we lose a game and the prissy little dorks that have been awol since we turned into a semblance of a team are out in force to get in their sniggling juvenile pokes and emoticons. That’s cool, knock yourself out; at the end of the day you’re still what you are. Works for me, punkin’.

Lol, we lose a game and the prissy little dorks that have been awol since we turned into a semblance of a team are out in force to get in their sniggling juvenile pokes and emoticons. That’s cool, knock yourself out; at the end of the day you’re still what you are. Works for me, punkin’.
Lose a game, how about get dismantled! Wasn’t like these predictions were even in the realm being even close to coming true. Missed your mark their bud, bad. Just hope you didn’t put any money where your mouth was!

Reactions: robrob81
Is Clemson markedly better than Auburn really? Clemson has the 96th offense to Auburn's 46th, with Auburn having a much tougher strength of schedule. Compare defenses and Auburn is at 56 which is pretty mediocre while Clemson has the 15th defense, but when you factor in level of competition, Clemson's 15th defense probably wouldn't look so hot if they played Auburn's 3rd toughest SOS compared to their 45th SOS.
Still feel Clemson isn’t markedly better than Auburn, man some of you get sucked into the hype so bad I feel for ya.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT