ADVERTISEMENT

Caslen: AD Tanner asked FSU...

This just shows why Ray should be removed as AD, he doesn't know how to manage a buyout so he goes and asks FSU on how they did it. This is what happens when you hire a baseball coach for AD.

Ray does not understand business and in particular finance. I can show him how to do it. Simple, simple stuff in terms of setting it up. Should never have been hired.

Caslen is trying to be decisive without making a decision. He knows if he spends 18 - 20 million to fire Muschamp the people who opposed his hiring will go beserk. So, he's trying to appear tough without committing to it. He will cave at the last minute and keep Muschamp, but be on the record as thinking he was a bad hire and he wishes he could get rid of him.

Reactions: Robhawk29
Caslen is in way over his head and our board of trustees is a CF. At this point we need to keep Muschamp in place, fix the BOT and hire a new president before we do anything. There is no way I want Caslen involved in hiring a new coach.

As I see it, Caslen is being backed into a corner here. He obviously wants to move on from Champ, but there is likely pressure from Ray and the BOT to keep him. That leads to the mixed message. He's my coach, but we've looked into the buyout.

I agree. He did not say anything shocking and I find it interesting that some are so upset.
Yeah, don't understand why some are making such a big deal about it. I like and admire Caslen from being in the military. I like his stone faced look when watching Will's team underperform.
He knows what he is doing. Some seem to be grasping at straws in order to have something to complain about.

Reactions: nc38 and Expro19
It’s very clear.

Caslan wants to get rid of Muschamp. He’s going about it terribly by talking more than acting. Othwise, he wouldn’t say a word.

Reactions: polo-loco
I think Muschamp is fine with the buyout. You can tell by his comments that he has given up too. He is waiting like the rest of us to see how this will play out with his parting $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Thanks Ray

Reactions: ShadowWeasel
No. He’s handing it very badly. Talking the way he is isn’t helpful even if he wants to fire him today.

If he wants him gone, fire him. If he doesn’t, don’t say anything. Anything in between is amateur hour.

Yeah, don't understand why some are making such a big deal about it. I like and admire Caslen from being in the military. I like his stone faced look when watching Will's team underperform.
He knows what he is doing. Some seem to be grasping at straws in order to have something to complain about.

No shame in walking away $20mil richer. As he said when he got here "I can sell ice to an eskimo" we just didn't know he was talking about Tanner. I think Muschamp got what he wanted all along and is set for life.
Smart man.

Reactions: Flameout12
Caslen is in way over his head and our board of trustees is a CF. At this point we need to keep Muschamp in place, fix the BOT and hire a new president before we do anything. There is no way I want Caslen involved in hiring a new coach.
Wrong.... He's qualified to lead anything

Reactions: NetworkX
I agree. He did not say anything shocking and I find it interesting that some are so upset.
I know right... They were just waiting on a snippet, anything they can go negative with.... News organizations spin words every day.... Unless you have heard the tape.. don't believe it happened like they say it happened.... And please stop calling Gen Caslen stupid names, it makes you look like fools...

Reactions: nc38
The main takeaway from all this is: Caslen obviously wants to move on from Muschamp.

In that respect, he's the only clear-thinking individual in the administration.
I completely understand. It also feels to me that, after the hi-jinks of yesterday, there's no way these three men are going to be able to work together and something is going to have to give.
I don't see how they can keep one of the 3 after the next few weeks.

UofSC....where every hour is amateur hour

I don't think it's amateur hour as it pertains to Caslen. The BOT went out and got a military guy who's used to shooting straight. This is probably just a learning curve for him that he's going to be expected to play the "politics" side of things. Of course, this is what the fans have been whining about with our BOT. It's too political and too much good old boy. Now we have a president who tells it like it is and that freaks the fans out as well. Which do the fans want?

Reactions: nc38 and NetworkX
It seems like this all but guarantees that Muschamp will be back next year. Caslen obviously isn't going anywhere. And the last thing we can have is Ray in charge of another coaching search and "negotiating" contracts. The only move left that I can see is Ray "retiring" or being reassigned. But that would leave zero time to hire a competent AD who would then have time to make a good football hire.

But I worry what coach would want to come here now with a president constantly undercutting his AD and coach public and then trying to backpedal. It's a really bad look.

And then you got the president bragging to the news about all the good work ray is doing snooping around.
Damned if they do, damned if they don’t right? When they say the moutpiece AD stuff- “we have faith in this coaching staff”- the fans go ape- “fire everyone, they aren’t doing anything to help”... whe they say the board is considering other candidates, or the AD is looking into the buyout- “how can they SAY THAT PUBLICLY”!! LMAO! We really are impossible to please...

Damned if they do, damned if they don’t right? When they say the moutpiece AD stuff- “we have faith in this coaching staff”- the fans go ape- “fire everyone, they aren’t doing anything to help”... whe they say the board is considering other candidates, or the AD is looking into the buyout- “how can they SAY THAT PUBLICLY”!! LMAO! We really are impossible to please...

here here

Because that isn't how a professional organization operates. Of course, our BOT and Athletics Department has typically been run like a kangaroo court. The ineptitude of our ticket office has been particularly egregious.
I went to USC and can grant you that it has never conducted itself as a professional organization.

Plus, it is now being reported that Caslen's comments were taken out of context by the reporter.

No one is professional! :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT