ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson is on very solid ground and it all started with

My neighbor, a CU fan, was watching football with me the other night and he brought up the topic of "state pride" and wanting to see both teams do well on a national level. He said he pulls for USC when not they're not playing CU. Then, he asks, "wouldn't you pull for CU if they came into WB with a chance at the playoffs?" Of course, my answer is "hell no" but my response was "why would I?" He was baffled. I told him USC was my alma mater and I didn't care if we were 0-11, I still hope we wax that ass. He told me he didn't understand that and got kinda huffy. I asked how does who I pull for impact the outcome? He just kept repeating that he thought I had more state pride than that. I pointed out that he didn't go to Clemson and maybe he feels the way he does is because he doesn't have a physical and emotional connection with them the way I do with TUSC. Anyone else been hit with that by CU fans craving validation?

I'd pull for the Russians or ISIS before Clemson.

Reactions: coloradogamecock#
Nope just returning some of the crap y'all dished out.
Wow. That's the amazing part. clemsux fans forget how horrible they've been to SC for years!! Not classy winners, by a long shot..and even worse losers. Spiteful, royal jerks with diarrhea of the mouth. So when we won 5 in a row, you better believe we were going to enjoy it. You deserve every minute of it.

This might be a down time for Carolina, but it wont last. No way we're going back to the good ole days that ya'll dream about. Enjoy this year while you can. Remember, the game still hasn't been played.

It's trash coot not trasth......English 101 can help with that!!
Ignore is a great feature to use on morons...until they're banned again.

the inbreds from pickens u are full of themselves now. where have you been the last 6 years?? the clemsux fall is going to be great to watch!

Ignore is a great feature to use on morons...until they're banned again.

the inbreds from pickens u are full of themselves now. where have you been the last 6 years?? the clemsux fall is going to be great to watch!

Oh I've been on the other end of it up til last year. That is what makes this so fun, it's payback for the chicken inbreds who were so full of themselves for 5 years. You had passed us by, the taters would be lucky to ever win one again. My how the mighty fell. The Tigers will lose one at some point, that is a fact and all you coots will love it. The only question is when. Tell you what though, bet the Tigers don't fall to a 4 win hot dumpster fire season in two years.

You want to talk humiliation, wait just a few more weeks! The butthurt that Clemson is currently ranked #1 while your Gamecocks are a hot dumpster fire last year, this year, and quite likely for at least the next two years is strong with you. Keep repeating your drivel to yourself, maybe it will make you feel better but it won't improve your dumpster fire.
That's fine, Hillbilly Jim. We'll take our lumps this year. Then we'll take the 20 million more we make per year more than Clemson and get another coach that will make tater fans kick their dogs and slap their toothless wives for years to come.

My neighbor, a CU fan, was watching football with me the other night and he brought up the topic of "state pride" and wanting to see both teams do well on a national level. He said he pulls for USC when not they're not playing CU. Then, he asks, "wouldn't you pull for CU if they came into WB with a chance at the playoffs?" Of course, my answer is "hell no" but my response was "why would I?" He was baffled. I told him USC was my alma mater and I didn't care if we were 0-11, I still hope we wax that ass. He told me he didn't understand that and got kinda huffy. I asked how does who I pull for impact the outcome? He just kept repeating that he thought I had more state pride than that. I pointed out that he didn't go to Clemson and maybe he feels the way he does is because he doesn't have a physical and emotional connection with them the way I do with TUSC. Anyone else been hit with that by CU fans craving validation?
Bullshit...he's a liar...he wasn't talking that crap during the 5 year reign was he!!!!....taters are so full of it, it is pathetic....PLAY A QUALITY SCHEDULE AND THEN TALK SMACK TATERS!!!!

SO NOW THE TATERS WANT OUR SUPPORT....LMAO...THAT'S HILARIOUS....THEY WANT US TO PUT THEM UP ON THE FOOTBALL PLATFORM AS THE GREATEST..,..THAT IS HILARIOUS....THOSE FANS ARE SO FREAKIN' DILUSIONAL....DIE TATERS DIE!!!

I have to say I dont have any hate towards SC or its fans except for when we face them on the field in sports. When we play I wanna stomp that @$$ by as much as possible. The rest of the time I dont really care if they win or lose. I watch SC play on Saturdays as long as Clemson isnt playing at the same time but I dont get upset if they win or get happy when they lose. Thats just my take on it. For those that hate everything about Clemson(or SC) I say to each his own.
BS...you probably watch and enjoy more SEC games than you do ACC...shut the F up....your post are meaningless....

Thanks, new member. Payback is hell. Remember that! We might be down now, but it's not going no back to the way it was before. And I'm enjoying the hell outta that. Have fun while it lasts. The season isn't over yet. Haha.
Looks like it already has. We won't win more than 4 games this year. Clemp is #1 and has convinced everyone except SC fans that they are pretty good. At best, we'll have a new coach but will also have another losing record next year. Looks a whole like the past to me. I guess that means Hillary will win the election too.

#dejavu.

Oh I've been on the other end of it up til last year. That is what makes this so fun, it's payback for the chicken inbreds who were so full of themselves for 5 years. You had passed us by, the taters would be lucky to ever win one again. My how the mighty fell. The Tigers will lose one at some point, that is a fact and all you coots will love it. The only question is when. Tell you what though, bet the Tigers don't fall to a 4 win hot dumpster fire season in two years.
Well of course you're not going to fall to just 4 wins, you play in the pillow fight conference. Which is why Dumbo keeps track of how many unranked opponents you've beaten in a row. That must strike fear in coaches everywhere. That and the co-champion ACC Atlantic you guys so proudly display. You know, the one claiming you guys were equal with the team that beat you into the dirt?

The only time I would pull for Clemson is if a win by them knocked the other team out of the playoff 4, and put us in it.

Reactions: allyourbase

You're absolutely right that the best thing that happened to Clemson was losing 5 in a row to Carolina. It made everyone at Clemson hungry. Winning 5 in a row made us complacent and over-confident in SOS's ability to coach 'em up. Now Clemson is literally at the top and USC is a "hot dumpster fire".

But what you didn't admit is that you're disappointed that it only took 2 years. You wanted to kick SOS while he was down; you wanted the process to drag on for years. But the fall happened quickly. The rebuild begins soon. And like you said yourself the tide will turn the "only question is when." With SOS gone, it's sooner than later.

BS...you probably watch and enjoy more SEC games than you do ACC...shut the F up....your post are meaningless....

So much anger. There are people you can talk you about those anger issues. Honestly I watch about any game that's on no matter who is playing from what conference. I love college football and would be happy if it lasted longer than it does.

clemson likes to talk about its 'academic' quality ... if you can decipher it read Sammy Watkins recent rant about Buffalo Bills fans. It's embarrassing even for a Gamecock given clemson's a SC state-supported supposed 'university'. Whatever that 50-point test is the NFL gives during the spring if Watkins scored even 5 I'd be amazed and I believe you get 6 points if you can spell your own name - i.e., I'm not sure he can even do that.

If any school in America NEEDS this 'diversion' (a football in-season winning streak) it's clemson. How's their year been the last 12-months? A bright, intelligent kid is found dead and the school, the police and the community do everything they can to keep it quiet instead of seeking justice for the family (while calling itself a 'family') ... no, that's not family behavior.

They catch an obviously long-time cocaine user (football player) and do what? Lock him up? Yea, for about 10-minutes in a 'holding cell' before a football team/school official arrives to bail him out. Cut him? Nah, cocaine's not a 'dismissible' offense. He'll be 'out there' again this week! Can't let him go, clemson's missed 3 X'tra points this year ... they might NEED that guy!

2014-2015 hasn't been 'kind' to clemson (per se) ... exposed dopes, dopers and dead bodies ... what an idyllic environment! And you can't blame this stuff on an 'urban' setting where all sorts of things 'go on' out of the control of the school ... these events happened BECAUSE of clemson university.

clemson's an overrated institution in a backwater location that's east of nowhere and west of some place else. They're a one-trick pony with a pretty good college QB, much like Auburn w/ Newton or FSU w/ Winston albeit Watson's nowhere near as effective as either one of those players were for their respective schools. But, if they lose Watson it's lights out for clemson.

It's actually somewhat hard not to feel sorry for 'em. Heck, we've been beating the snot out of them for nearly the entire decade! We'll get our 'shot' at them with nothing to lose and everything to gain in a few weeks. WE couldn't ask for anything more and I'm looking forward to it with great anticipation.

clemson's 'rules' are that rules don't apply to football players, bratty rich kids or poor girls from the wrong side of the tracks ... they're abused and discarded. "Campus Factual" rates clemson 'campus safety' for women a "D" ... last year alone there were a DOZEN forcible sexual-offenses and clemson's on-campus enrollment is less than half of USC's.

clemson has very, Very, VERY little to 'brag' ABOUT ... let 'em ride this streak, it'll be over soon enough and they'll be back to bragging on the blue cheese and ice cream "produced on-campus with milk from our OWN cows!"

Giddy girls and gangly goobers ... here's a 'quote' taken from feedback on the town's most popular restaurant"

"One of the worst IHOP's ever. Ever! I've been a few times, saying maybe it was a fluke. Nope, it's bad.
Last time, I went with my brother, got the weekday special. Waited 30 minutes. On a Wednesday morning. Ordered my eggs over easy. Not only was the center runny, the white was too. . Sent it back, told them to scramble it. Not taking anymore chances. Waited 10 more minutes. The worst part? The coffee is more expensive than Starbucks!"

clemson. la la land ... and apparently feature-starved and over-priced. It'll be a HARD fall when it happens.

SS1 is C&Ping Clemson IHOP reviews. I think you're officially out of Clemson material. Was wondering if we'd see the day.

Clemson's success in football is slowly eating away at his mind. The closer November 28 gets the more inane his posts.

I had a tater fan tell me today that only me and about 5 other Carolina fans are pulling for Bama. He said all the classy Gamecock fans are pulling for Clemson and state pride. He went on to say he pulled for us in the college world series. I told him 1-Gamecock Nation is pulling Bama, and 2-true fans NEVER pull for their rival no matter what.

Reactions: SportsSuites1
I had a tater fan tell me today that only me and about 5 other Carolina fans are pulling for Bama. He said all the classy Gamecock fans are pulling for Clemson and state pride. He went on to say he pulled for us in the college world series. I told him 1-Gamecock Nation is pulling Bama, and 2-true fans NEVER pull for their rival no matter what.
Any clemsux fan who says that is full of crap. They're just trying to make you feel guilty for not "pulling for the state of SC". You can bet your a$$ they weren't pulling for us when we won back to back National Championships. They would never pull for us. Just like most true Carolina fans want them to lose every game. I call BS.

Reactions: oakley51
Delusional tigger fan. No Carolina fan wants to see Clemson win Monday. None.

Reactions: UpstateGamecock2
I grew up in NC and graduated from South Carolina. When I went there I thought the schools were similar and you just chose the one who was the best in your major. Then I went to a Clemson game at Clemson. The players came over to the Gamecock section and made obscene gestures. (I actually got an apology from Clemson's president for that.) But that experience along with their throwing stuff at Tommy Bowden's mother, refusal to shake hands after baseball games and their behavior on this board have earned them nothing but contempt! I don't actually know many Clemson people so I have to go with what experience I do have.

I don't pull for Clemson, but there is one scenario that would test my resolve. There was a thread a few weeks ago with a similar type questions so most of you will still say no but here it is anyway... If the last playoff poll before the conference championship games had North Carolina at #4 and South Carolina #5 with Clemson playing N. Carolina in the ACC championship game, the Gamecocks would need Clemson to beat N. Carolina to be one of the final 4 teams. In this scenario I would pull like he** for the Tigers to win. I will sacrifice a Clemson win to get SC in the playoff with a chance at the NC. I cannot think of any other time I would pull for them. I know some of you said they would just take credit for us getting in but who cares how you got there (as long as you don't break the rules) if you win the title. IMHO Spurs Up

I really get tired of our so called fans harping on how wonderful Clemson is recruiting and we better get in step etc. etc. Will Muschamp just hired the best group of recruiters in the country along with a well organized recruiting machine as supports to go head to head with UF, UT, UGA, BAMA, AU , LSU , all programs that every year out recruit Dabo Swinney. You must understand that this year we bring in pretty much what is left over and maybe one or two top guys we can flip such as Bryan Edwards. Next year and there after is an entirely different matter. We might not quite have the recruiting success of Alabama but sure as hell can out recruit and out coach that bunch of imposters from Pickens County. Dabos dream gets crushed Monday night and he will be facing uphill battles forever with Funtes, Richt and Fisher on his ass not to mention USC.
Just one more thing, don't let Swinney's rants about his and Clemson's greatness get into your heads. All he has accomplished so far is winning the ACC crown. It may take two more years but Carolina will dominate and mash Taters for years to come and not just in football.

I'm sure this has already been pointed out with this thread topic being around for a while and all, but....

Your CU friend said he would pull for USC EXCEPT when they play CU, but then got upset when you said you wouldn't pull for CU "if they came into WB blah blah blah".....meaning, he got upset because you wouldn't pull for CU when they played USC.

You got stupid hypocritical friends, and seriously need to re-evaluate your social priorities....

Are you suggesting that the only real fans are the graduates? I didn't go to USC but I am just a big a fan as anyone else. I didn't play for the Atlanta Braves but I'm a huge fan. I didn't grow up in Charlotte but I love the Panthers. I hate the whole "you didn't go there so you're not a real fan" crap.
I always laugh at people who say "if you don't go there, you're not a real fan". I look within my own family and see gamecock graduates that go to our games when we're winning 11, but the last 2 years, they always have an excuse of why they can't go.....great fans, huh! And then the same ones talk about family that are tater fans who did not go there and say "why are they such tater fans"? Every school has some very loyal fans that did not go to school there, but yet you see these other idiots that say they aren't fans??
The definition of stupidity.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT