ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson is on very solid ground and it all started with

Sorry but Dabo is as by the books as they come. If your going to try to diminish the outstanding job recruiting they've done you'll have to do better than that

Link?!?!?!?

Quote from the state paper. IPTAY money is used to pay back the state.

At the time, Clemson officials said the Upstate university was using state-owned aircraft more often than in previous years because Clemson had sold one of the two planes it owned. Clemson said paying to use a state-owned plane was cheaper than chartering aircraft. As of October, Clemson had reimbursed the state $90,455 for 30 flights

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article14421002.html#storylink=cpy

Conner shaw was a 3 star. SC must spend more money on recruiting and send these coaches every where to recruit. Also, watch Clemson fans on twitter, Facebook, they will connect with our new recruits and will take them. These 18 year old kids are easy prey for their football fans to talk them over. Something to thank about

Sorry but Dabo is as by the books as they come. If your going to try to diminish the outstanding job recruiting they've done you'll have to do better than that
Including playing and hiring people that beat women, playing and lying to injured players, lying to players about their draft stock, and flaunting your position in front of the law.

Reactions: BigTomE
We could have done the same thing...and should have. When daybo starting losing to us, that lit a fire under him. He knew he had to turn the table soon or he might be history. He and the staff at clemsux went above and beyond while we were making fun of them and resting on the 'streak'. The 'streak' helps if you build on it and take your job seriously instead of a 'we don't work as hard and we win' attitude. Things change...the kids are media savvy and they want to be wined and dined...the others were doing it while we were...out of town...not available...or doing them a favor by having them here. This is why we need new blood. These guys could have done the same thing, minus Spurrier's miscues but they followed suit. I have been able to do things on my own to make my job better if I saw it needed to be done. the initiative wasn't there so let them start over somewhere else with a 'lessons learned'. We could have done the same thing was my whole point....I ramble sometimes..lol.
No offense but you and most others are missing the point here. Their d-line coach was tops in tax payer funded travel on their staff at $26K in 2014. that ranked 19th at the university..in 2015 that same coach was 6th in travel on the staff and his travel $ doubled to over $50K..in 2015 they had six FB coaches average $75K in taxpayer funded travel costs in 1 YEAR! Clemson didn't have a coach in the top 150 yearly state funded travelers in previous decade and this past year they have 4 of the top 6 in the ENTIRE state system of SC. That is not a sudden change in recruiting tactics.. But what is it?

I refer to 3 you tube or facebook posts of commits waving thousands of cash and then when confronted said an aunt gave it to them for show. By the book is the book that the Clemson police have hid away for the offenders they turned loose.

Look at the SEC schedule. I believe that we are the only one. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I will never pull for or support UPC under any circumstances. I will also not make a fool out of myself by attempting to minimize what they have accomplished in a year in which they replaced 8 starters from what was a great defense. They have earned their ranking up to now.

I refer to 3 you tube or facebook posts of commits waving thousands of cash and then when confronted said an aunt gave it to them for show. By the book is the book that the Clemson police have hid away for the offenders they turned loose.
Guys, these responses are pathetic. I mean give it a rest and man up. Clemson is not breaking any NCAA rules and when you start this garbage it just makes you, the poster, look silly and immature. Heck, maybe I'm just too old for all of this hate.

I wonder what you will say if we end up 15-0 with a national title. What then? The rest of the college football world thinks there's a real chance in that happening. You had better get used to this because it's not changing anytime soon
Broad generalization - "The rest of the college football world thinks..."

OP/Houston fan, you are welcomed aboard if your coach becomes a Gamecock in December.

Guys, these responses are pathetic. I mean give it a rest and man up. Clemson is not breaking any NCAA rules and when you start this garbage it just makes you, the poster, look silly and immature. Heck, maybe I'm just too old for all of this hate.
Nobody give 2 cat craps what you think on here, clempson is dirty, your coach is greasy and sleeps with his mother, now go seek validation from your wooly herd. You won't find it here.

I wonder what you will say if we end up 15-0 with a national title. What then? The rest of the college football world thinks there's a real chance in that happening. You had better get used to this because it's not changing anytime soon
It hasnt happened yet. And ya'll are still clemsux. Go pull a clemsux somewhere else.

#clemsuxing

Look at the SEC schedule. I believe that we are the only one. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Bro, if you open against an SEC team, then the SEC team you're playing is obviously opening up against an SEC team too. WTF?:confused: And you opened against an ACC team

Reactions: LegalTiger
It costs a lot more to operate a jet than a turboprop.

Actually this argument came up when it was first announced Clemson wanted to by a jet. The turbo prop that SC owns isnt that much cheaper to operate in a yearly basis.

The King Air 350 USC owns cost about 230,000 a year in fixed cost (insurance, hanger, pilot training, etc). It has a average operating cost of 1880.23 an hour.
The Citation C2 had a fixed cost of around around 310,000 a year with a average operating cost of 1360 an hour.

Even though the fixed cost is 80,000 more a year if you use the plane a lot the 500 less an hour operating cost will more than make up the difference.
Lets assume 400 hours flight time a year
King Air cost 752,000
C2 cost 544,000

The King Air is bigger and will carry more passengers so it has its upside compared to the smaller jet but cost isnt one of them.

You are so green , you can't stand it! It has to hurt

Clearly no Carolina fan is happy about these rankings. Taters earned it, but as our former coach liked to say, "It is what it is." And what it is is a meaningless ranking that may or may not hold come January. Look at week 11 last year: the top 4 teams were Mississippi State, Auburn, FSU, and Oregon. Of those teams, MSU lost 3 of their last 5 games, Auburn lost 4 of their last 5 games, FSU showed that they didn't belong in the playoffs, and #4 Oregon was the only team that acquitted themselves well. Hey, South Carolina sucks and Clemson is very good this year. No one is denying that. But you all haven't won anything yet.

Reactions: gamecockblack
Unsubstantiated claims are the way of the Internet world...opinion is confused with fact to the point where some folks actually start to believe their lies. It's cool to be ranked #1 again, even with a lot of football left and any S.Car fan that says they don't wish their team was is not being honest. Hopefully Clemson continues to win and makes the playoffs. That would be a great day for the State.

Reactions: CMTiger15
At some point everyone loses, but wouldn't you like to be in the conversation right now for a chance at the playoffs? BTW all this talk of not playing anyone is garbage. Better go check the stats and re-listen to the playoff show
I was dying laughing at the dude that said strength of schedule & clemsux in the same sentence. He's drunk on something. Has he forgotten about the first 2 games? App st and wofford?? ND is the only team with any kind of pulse, but they aren't that great. Louisville is a disappointment. So which teams are pulling up your strength of schedule? This will be fun to watch.

Reactions: gamecockblack
Yes, this is true. We open against Vanderbilt. Everyone esle open with non SEC schools. Most are non division 1 schools.

You all have to understand something. I LIVE in the upstate. Clemson fans are serious about Clemson football and they will write a letter. These fans don't want to play Georgia or a tough SEC school but play an easy schedule, contact ESPN sports people, complained about how they should be this or that, and these fans don't accept no. An easy schedule and a easy door to the playoffs. I work with Clemson fans and they say that they don't want to play an SEC schedule. You can't win. Easier schedule, guarantees and bowl game.

Thats must be why we have home and home series with Auburn and Texas A&M over the next four years. Auburn next year is our opener.

Reactions: atigerstudent
Yes, this is true. We open against Vanderbilt. Everyone esle open with non SEC schools. Most are non division 1 schools.

????? You get your dates mixed up or something?? Looks like a ton of FBS match ups to me. Looks like a fine first week slate of games to watch.

Thurs., Sept. 1 South Carolina at Vanderbilt
Sat., Sept. 3 Alabama vs. Southern Cal (Arlington)
Sat., Sept. 3 Louisiana Tech at Arkansas
Sat., Sept. 3 Clemson at Auburn
Sat., Sept. 3 UMass at Florida
Sat., Sept. 3 Georgia vs. North Carolina (Atlanta)
Sat., Sept. 3 Southern Miss at Kentucky
Sat., Sept. 3 LSU vs. Wisconsin (Green Bay)
Sat., Sept. 3 South Alabama at Mississippi State
Sat., Sept. 3 Missouri at West Virginia
Sat., Sept. 3 Appalachian State at Tennessee
Sat., Sept. 3 UCLA at Texas A&M
Mon., Sept. 5 Ole Miss vs. Florida State (Orlando)

Actually this argument came up when it was first announced Clemson wanted to by a jet. The turbo prop that SC owns isnt that much cheaper to operate in a yearly basis.

The King Air 350 USC owns cost about 230,000 a year in fixed cost (insurance, hanger, pilot training, etc). It has a average operating cost of 1880.23 an hour.
The Citation C2 had a fixed cost of around around 310,000 a year with a average operating cost of 1360 an hour.

Even though the fixed cost is 80,000 more a year if you use the plane a lot the 500 less an hour operating cost will more than make up the difference.
Lets assume 400 hours flight time a year
King Air cost 752,000
C2 cost 544,000

The King Air is bigger and will carry more passengers so it has its upside compared to the smaller jet but cost isnt one of them.
Solid numbers there Shilltiger. What is your opinion on the numbers in my last post.

I was dying laughing at the dude that said strength of schedule & clemsux in the same sentence. He's drunk on something. Has he forgotten about the first 2 games? App st and wofford?? ND is the only team with any kind of pulse, but they aren't that great. Louisville is a disappointment. So which teams are pulling up your strength of schedule? This will be fun to watch.
As many Clemson fans have pointed out on here, App St. will likely end the season at 11-1 and in the top 25. You don't have to believe it or acknowledge it, but they're a legitimate team. ND isn't that great, but according to the committee and both major polls, they still represent the biggest win of the cfb season so far. You discount them because it was Clemson who beat them. You don't really need to be that big of a homer. Having rational discussions is fun, too. You should try it.

Not trying to make anyone upset. If you feel that way. State your feelings. Peace, love and having fun, dude you say

To those who say rankings right now don't mean anything are clueless or blind. That's exposure, that gets you national coverage that get recruits thinking about your program. Being the 12 o'clock opponent for some team better than you on Jefferson Pilot or whatever is pure misery. The only thing we have to be happy about as Gamecock fans is the fact they don't have a 10 am kickoffs on Saturday or we would be pencilled in for that.

As many Clemson fans have pointed out on here, App St. will likely end the season at 11-1 and in the top 25. You don't have to believe it or acknowledge it, but they're a legitimate team. ND isn't that great, but according to the committee and both major polls, they still represent the biggest win of the cfb season so far. You discount them because it was Clemson who beat them. You don't really need to be that big of a homer. Having rational discussions is fun, too. You should try it.
The media loves ND and clemsux squeaked by. Good for you. App St is still a FCS 1-A school. So which other school makes your schedule so difficult & strengthy?

Like another guy said, there's a bulls-eye on your back now. It'll be fun to watch.

The media loves ND and clemsux squeaked by. Good for you. App St is still a FCS 1-A school. So which other school makes your schedule so difficult & strengthy?

Like another guy said, there's a bulls-eye on your back now. It'll be fun to watch.
"My" schedule? Oh, right. If I don't say "clemsux" every third word of my posts, then I'm obviously a tater. Are you 12? Do you talk like this in real life?

Solid numbers there Shilltiger. What is your opinion on the numbers in my last post.

Dont know to be honest. You would have to have more information like how many trips in 2014 vs 2015, how many were outside of the southeast compared to the previous year, etc before you could make any real educated guess on why the increased cost. I don like conspiracy theories about money being used for X, Y or Z.

"My" schedule? Oh, right. If I don't say "clemsux" every third word of my posts, then I'm obviously a tater. Are you 12? Do you talk like this in real life?
So it is true. Everyone knows your're a clemsux fan. With your post #23. Are you 11? Hehehe.

Been away from the TV or interwebs for a few years now?? App St moved up to FBS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT