ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson is on very solid ground and it all started with

To be honest, they are catching everyone in either a down year or with a major injury. ND played with a back up QB, GT sucks & everyone else in the ACC is average at best besides FSU & they don't appear to be really good this year. I'm surprised they got ranked that high seeing how they've only beates 1 ranked team this season. I hope they lose before the end of the season.
That "back up QB" has led ND to every victory they have this year except Texas. He is their starting QB and they are the #5 team in America because of him, not in spite of him. The kid is a stud. Do you really think the only reason they are the #5 team in America is because of that week 1 victory over TEXAS with Malik Zaire at QB?

And one more thing, Clemson played that game without 5 starters as well. Battle (starting LT) was released this summer, Korrin Wiggins (starting DB) tore his ACL, Mike Williams (best receiver) broke his neck, DJ Reader (best DT) took a LOA, Ryan Norton (starting center) had a knee injury. That's our only two returning starters on the OL, our #1 playmaker at WR, our most experienced and top DT, and our second most experienced and starting DB. Next man up. Great teams replace great players with great players.

You all have to understand something. I LIVE in the upstate. Clemson fans are serious about Clemson football and they will write a letter. These fans don't want to play Georgia or a tough SEC school but play an easy schedule, contact ESPN sports people, complained about how they should be this or that, and these fans don't accept no. An easy schedule and a easy door to the playoffs. I work with Clemson fans and they say that they don't want to play an SEC schedule. You can't win. Easier schedule, guarantees and bowl game.

Doesn't Clemson play at Auburn next year?

You all have to understand something. I LIVE in the upstate. Clemson fans are serious about Clemson football and they will write a letter. These fans don't want to play Georgia or a tough SEC school but play an easy schedule, contact ESPN sports people, complained about how they should be this or that, and these fans don't accept no. An easy schedule and a easy door to the playoffs. I work with Clemson fans and they say that they don't want to play an SEC schedule. You can't win. Easier schedule, guarantees and bowl game.
Clemson fans don't want to play Georgia? That is B.S. We would play Georgia every single year if we could schedule them. They are the ones that can't make it work. So who do we schedule instead? The next 4 years we have home and homes with Auburn and Texas A&M in addition to you guys. The previous two seasons to this one we played Georgia, and the three years before that we played Auburn. Clemson is not scared of scheduling SEC teams.

Clemson fans don't want to play Georgia? That is B.S. We would play Georgia every single year if we could schedule them. They are the ones that can't make it work. So who do we schedule instead? The next 4 years we have home and homes with Auburn and Texas A&M in addition to you guys. The previous two seasons to this one we played Georgia, and the three years before that we played Auburn. Clemson is not scared of scheduling SEC teams.
Haha. Right. clemsux does not want to play GA. You aren't convincing anyone otherwise.

That "back up QB" has led ND to every victory they have this year except Texas. He is their starting QB and they are the #5 team in America because of him, not in spite of him. The kid is a stud. Do you really think the only reason they are the #5 team in America is because of that week 1 victory over TEXAS with Malik Zaire at QB?

And one more thing, Clemson played that game without 5 starters as well. Battle (starting LT) was released this summer, Korrin Wiggins (starting DB) tore his ACL, Mike Williams (best receiver) broke his neck, DJ Reader (best DT) took a LOA, Ryan Norton (starting center) had a knee injury. That's our only two returning starters on the OL, our #1 playmaker at WR, our most experienced and top DT, and our second most experienced and starting DB. Next man up. Great teams replace great players with great players.
I'm sorry but you are not a great team. You can try selling that to someone else. Very good? Yes. But please come back when you play more than two good teams a season. Where are u getting "great team" from? The only ranked team you beat all season was ND. Don't get ahead of yourself. I don't even know why you're on a gamecock forum trying to sell your team to us.

they look the strongest out of the top 4.. No argument here
How can you back this statement? If Clemson were to play Alabama tomorrow who would win? You said they look the strongest but the only ranked team they've played was ND & they beat them by 2 points. Bama wiped the floor with Georgia earlier this season when everyone said Georgia would win. On the eye test they look very solid but please don't make crazy statements like that when Clemson has the easy schedule that they do. I would bet that LSU & Bama could knock them off.

Reactions: CU#1Fan
If your neighbor said that he's not a true fan of Clemson. While I know it's probably not the right thing to have as much disdain for your rival as most of us do, there's no way in Hell you pull for them to win. EVER.
True, but Clemp's success has kept posters like SS1 off the Board lately. There's a silver lining in everything, I suppose.

Reactions: LazyIslander
My wife says the same thing about pulling for USC when they aren't playing each other. I told her that there are only maybe 3 HS players in SC right now worthy of recruiting at a DI major school. If Clemson wins a NC how many do you think SC gets? Then they must go out of state to replace those as well as the rest of the class. Being second best makes it that much more difficult to keep up.

I didn't really understand why HBC seems to like that Clemson got all kinds of national media attention. I think he and Dabo had a gentlemen's agreement to always keep the other in the spotlight as much as possible. You need to grind your opponent to dust under your boot heel. Now they're #1 nationally and our defensive scheme and coaches are being made fun of by Andre Ware at noon on the SEC Net.

My Facebook timeline is filled with all the little TaterTots parading around about this is their year to win the National Championship. Bring your own guts. Blah Blah Blah. I agree they look good against their competition, but I would be hesitant to start celebrating to early- I still am not impressed with their win this past week against NCSt. Their Defense/Special Teams gave up 41 to a team who averaged only 20pts in conference games against the likes of Louisville, Wake Forest, Virgina Tech. It looked like a Big 12 game.

IMO- their validation can only be given after winning the whole shebang or making it to the finals. Anything less than that, their season is a bust. They have clearly had a fast lane pass to the playoffs with the help of injuries to opponents and cream puff schedule.
Your last paragraph says it all - apparently they've done away with the SOS which seemed to be VERY important til THIS year! They roll on through the regular season, basically untouched & unharmed, while other teams play a tougher schedule, get injured, etc. and just have to prepare for 1 or 2 tough games at the end while in great shape & full strength!

The media loves ND and clemsux squeaked by. Good for you. App St is still a FCS 1-A school. So which other school makes your schedule so difficult & strengthy?

Like another guy said, there's a bulls-eye on your back now. It'll be fun to watch.

App State is not an FCS school

Man they just played a home and home with Georgia. Say they don't want to play Alabama, Florida, or LSU. Say anyone that you want that they didn't just play but to say Georgia is kinda out there.
dumbo did it for the attention, but was scared $hitless. You split the games. Notice you didn't play GA to start out this year. When are you playing them again?

dumbo did it for the attention, but was scared $hitless. You split the games. Notice you didn't play GA to start out this year. When are you playing them again?
Do you have any clue how far in advance football schedules are made? And do you assume that UGA is available to play any time another school says "hey, let's play a football game!"? I'm fairly certain you're just trolling because even a casual fan knows how this works, but you may really be that ignorant. I dunno.

Do you have any clue how far in advance football schedules are made? And do you assume that UGA is available to play any time another school says "hey, let's play a football game!"? I'm fairly certain you're just trolling because even a casual fan knows how this works, but you may really be that ignorant. I dunno.
You may be ignorant. I do know how it works. clemsux is dying to play GA. So when?

Right. They moved to FBS last year. I was looking at an older article. Still, they aren't a powerhouse team or part of a power conference.

I never said they were... I did say they were not in the FCS thought which is accurate.

BUT they are far from a cupcake. They will finish the year 11-1 so while you are correct they are no power house they are also not the weak little team that you are trying to make them out to be. They are more than likely going to finish the year in the top 25.

Taken from apost on another board...

From ESPN article about ACC

"Committee chair Jeff Long also noted Clemson's wins over Appalachian State, Miami and NC State -- all teams with a winning record -- impressed the committee."

Now that is just plain bizarre...The committee was impressed by these 3 wins...

Huh...?

Records vs P5 schools:

AppSt 0-1 (.000)
NCSU 1-3 (.250)
Miami 3-2 (.600)

Reactions: UpstateGamecock2
Are all Clemson threads being merged together now? Try reading this thread through its entirety...makes no sense.

I never said they were... I did say they were not in the FCS thought which is accurate.

BUT they are far from a cupcake. They will finish the year 11-1 so while you are correct they are no power house they are also not the weak little team that you are trying to make them out to be. They are more than likely going to finish the year in the top 25.
Yeah. clemsux is amazing. Nobody has their schedule. Waiting for the #clemsuxing. It'll happen soon. :)

Yeah. clemsux is amazing. Nobody has their schedule. Waiting for the #clemsuxing. It'll happen soon. :)

Well our conversation that was adult in nature has now fallen into the childish category. Have a nice day. I have no interest in that kinda stuff. I enjoy talking sports with people who can have an adult conversation like we were before.

You may be ignorant. I do know how it works. clemsux is dying to play GA. So when?
This is a ridiculous argument. That's like saying SC is afraid to play FSU. In the past few years, Clemson has scheduled Georgia, Auburn, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Notre Dame, etc. You can make an intelligent argument about the strength of their required ACC schedule. But to say they are afraid to play Georgia is like a schoolyard taunt. And it holds no merit.

The media loves ND and clemsux squeaked by. Good for you. App St is still a FCS 1-A school. So which other school makes your schedule so difficult & strengthy?

Like another guy said, there's a bulls-eye on your back now. It'll be fun to watch.

App St is FBS, which is formally known as D1-A. So you are 1/2 correct. FCS is formally known as D1-AA.

This is a ridiculous argument. That's like saying SC is afraid to play FSU. In the past few years, Clemson has scheduled Georgia, Auburn, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Notre Dame, etc. You can make an intelligent argument about the strength of their required ACC schedule. But to say they are afraid to play Georgia is like a schoolyard taunt. And it holds no merit.
Love that you're trolling on our board. How many screen names are you up to now? Please play GA every year. The fans don't want to play a tough schedule. You haven't played ole miss or tx A&M yet. Hope that works out for you.

College buds LMAO. I'm 49 and in Afghanistan where I deal with shit you couldn't dream of on a daily basis. I put up with y'alls shit for 5 years: the trolling, the high 5's, the photo bombs, etc. I have been around long enough to see many many games and numerous streaks of 4 by Clemson and I am enjoying the hell out of giving some payback right now.
Thanks, new member. Payback is hell. Remember that! We might be down now, but it's not going no back to the way it was before. And I'm enjoying the hell outta that. Have fun while it lasts. The season isn't over yet. Haha.

College buds LMAO. I'm 49 and in Afghanistan where I deal with shit you couldn't dream of on a daily basis. I put up with y'alls shit for 5 years: the trolling, the high 5's, the photo bombs, etc. I have been around long enough to see many many games and numerous streaks of 4 by Clemson and I am enjoying the hell out of giving some payback right now.
I am a 10 year Army vet who did a 12 month tour in Balad, Iraq myself so you aren't seeing anything I haven't before, & you aren't getting any sort of payback with me because even when we were winning a lot of games & had that streak going vs you guys I wasn't one who took the time to rub it in taters faces. With that said, I hope you are well protected & make a safe trip back home to your family. Appreciate your service to our country. That is bigger than any sport.

Reactions: 4cu

Are you really this naive? Clemson had a home and home with UGA for ever. When the SEC expanded UGA bailed out of the home and home for scheduling reasons. Clemson schedules anybody in the country that will play home and home series. It is absolutely laughable to make that argument. This thread is great! I am sure that there is some sanity left in Gamecock nation.

Clemson has most definitely scheduled tough non conference opponents. They obviously have the SEC gamecocks every year.

2014 and 2013 UGA
2012 and 2011 and 2010 Auburn
2009 TCU
2008 Alabama

They also has two games against Texas A&M a few years before that but I can't remember the exact years.

They had two games scheduled against Ole Miss for this year and next. When the ACC expanded with Syracuse and Pitt it was originally planned to have a 9 game ACC schedule. Because of that the series with Ole Miss was dropped. Then the ACC changed their mind and kept it at 8 games. That forced them to pick up another game and all the big boys were taken since the games are done years in advance. They were able to land App State which is better than UCF by the way.

Are you really this naive? Clemson had a home and home with UGA for ever. When the SEC expanded UGA bailed out of the home and home for scheduling reasons. Clemson schedules anybody in the country that will play home and home series. It is absolutely laughable to make that argument. This thread is great! I am sure that there is some sanity left in Gamecock nation.
Haha. You're hilarious. The home & home was the first in how many years? 10, in 2003 when GA shut out clemsux 30-0 to start their season. My clemsux co-workers said fans were giving away tickets after that humiliation. clemsux hates GA. What was the first game after the tainted national championship? GA. And they beat clemsux. Real national power, huh? Lol.

Another thing, GA leads the series 42-18. I'm sure some fans would like a shot at revenge, but then realize GA owns clemsux.

Only new on here, been around on the soundoff board for several years. Don't know why post counts from one rivals board don't show on another rivals board. Oh well.
One reason is because the users were previously banned. But thanks for joining us again.

Haha. You're hilarious. The home & home was the first in how many years? 10, in 2003 when GA shut out clemsux 30-0 to start their season. My clemsux co-workers said fans were giving away tickets after that humiliation. clemsux hates GA. What was the first game after the tainted national championship? GA. And they beat clemsux. Real national power, huh? Lol.

Another thing, GA leads the series 42-18. I'm sure some fans would like a shot at revenge, but then realize GA owns clemsux.

You want to talk humiliation, wait just a few more weeks! The butthurt that Clemson is currently ranked #1 while your Gamecocks are a hot dumpster fire last year, this year, and quite likely for at least the next two years is strong with you. Keep repeating your drivel to yourself, maybe it will make you feel better but it won't improve your dumpster fire.

Reactions: tigersCU63
You want to talk humiliation, wait just a few more weeks! The butthurt that Clemson is currently ranked #1 while your Gamecocks are a hot dumpster fire last year, this year, and quite likely for at least the next two years is strong with you. Keep repeating your drivel to yourself, maybe it will make you feel better but it won't improve your dumpster fire.
You better hope you beat us. We're awful, right? Keep pulling a clemsux!

Well one thing is for sure, you are doing your part to try and keep the Tigers out, because y'all sure are hurting our SOS. App St. is ranked higher.

Man we must be in their heads if Taters keep coming over here. Yes we are a bad team and these mental midgets still need validation from us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT