ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone have some money i could borrow?

But don't conflate all "fossil fuels" with "crude oil."

Fossil fuels do power our electric grid, but none of that is from crude oil. Crude oil is only in our combustion engines - the vast majority of which are in the form of personal vehicles.

2020 taught us - reduce demand, prices will go down. Of course it was an artificial dip in demand with the lockdown, but facts are facts. Of course we'll always need crude oil - we aren't going to have electric engine technology efficient or safe enough for huge machinery, tractor-trailers, air planes, etc. - probably in our lifetimes. However, even hybrid technology (which is decades old and working), is a start to reducing demand.
2018 and 2019 were two of our highest producing years in crude oil in the US, yet prices averaged below $2.50 a gallon during this period. Our US production dropped with COVID, as demand did then it never got back to the 2018 and 2019 levels because this administration thinks it’s better to produce it somewhere else than here.

That logic is so asinine. Our production methods are much cleaner and more regulated than anywhere around the world, but in the greenies mind producing it in Russia or Venezuela doesn’t “affect the climate” as it would producing it here. Federal leases have plummeted, and a lease does not mean it will produce anything. That’s why you should have plenty of leases open to first permit (which is takes much longer today than it did a few years ago) and then explore to determine if it’s a suitable production lease.

We are seeing the consequences of many decisions based on the logic that you can rapidly reduce the dependence on oil and gas, this isn’t a light switch unfortunately and the ramifications this will have on our economy are about to get far wider and worse.

0.5% of our energy comes from oil - so I misspoke. But 99.5% doesn't. It kind of makes sense in a place like Hawaii as alternatives could be hard to come by with their isolated location.

https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=427&t=3
Looking at your link I was surprised to see hydropower so low on the list. I thought that was the main reason we created all these lakes in the south. Plus we need more nuclear generation but that won't happen strictly because of politics.

And let's not forget about the "burst pipe" on election night that halted vote counting. Nobody can find any proof it ever happened. No pictures. No invoice for repair. Nothing. A favorite play for the dems, especially in Florida. Find a reason to delay counting in large, urban Dem controlled areas and wait for the rest of the state to turn in their numbers. Then magically, when they do start counting again, they come up with just enough votes for their guy to win.

You clearly are a conspiracy theory goof...

Garbriel Sterling, the Republican voting implementation manager for Georgia pointed out that the events of the night of the water leak can be found on surveillance footage.

"You'll see when they walk in and see the obvious water leak on the floor. You will see they move all of the stuff out of the way. You will see the Zamboni little carpet drier thingy driving around. I mean, you can see all the things happening. You can see the table get put in place," Sterling said.

"What's really frustrating is the president's attorneys had this same videotape. They saw the exact same things the rest of us could see and they chose to mislead the public about what was on that video."

Fulton Commission Chairman Robb Pitts told the Journal-Constitution that the pipe burst occurred at 6:07 a.m. and was repaired within two hours.

"Around 6 am on Nov 3, a pipe burst in the room at State Farm Arena where absentee ballots were processed. Arena staff swiftly completed repairs. Work resumed in approx. 2 hours. No ballots or equipment were damaged during the incident."

Chief Investigator for the Georgia Secretary of State Frances Watson wrote in an affidavit that the Secretary of State's Office received complaints that election staff was asked to leave due to a water leak at State Farm Arena, but "Fulton County staff continued to scan ballots in the tabulation center."

This isn't even circumstantial evidence - it's just random circumstances. This particular type of election fraud (which supposedly took place across the country) would have needed thousands of conspirators to pull off. Any yet, not one whistle blower, not a single communication found, not any evidence of any kind. And you have places like Arizona, which had a firm hired by conservatives to investigate - and they found nothing, and in fact Biden should have received a few more votes.

It's over, dude. It's a conspiracy gone the way of "#Savethechildren."

On an aside to everyone, if you know anyone who ever believed that Wayfair was selling children, please make fun of them as much as possible. They deserve it.

It's pathetic. People whining like a 2 year-old that they didn't get to play with the wrapping paper like the other kid did.

The most pathetic part is that they don't see how pathetic they area to keep up this baloney for so long. It is funny though. It's like the kid who gets mad and runs off the court at recess and the other kids just laugh.

As I have said many times on here, if Trump really believed the crap he spews about the election, he could have hired any number of top flight Republican election law experts. He chose not to do that.

I'll never understand people's obsession with gas prices.

Especially with the way Americans have been buying so many large gas guzzlers that many auto manufacturers have quit making sedans.

I mean I care about gas prices but I fully expected gas prices to increase a lot after COVID. It was no surprise to me.

With the war occurring, it's also no surprise that they've increased even more as they have been around the world.

It says a lot about the level of understanding when a person buys an ev and thinks they don't have to worry about gas prices anymore.

"Worry" is a relative term.

With an EV, I don't have to worry as much about the day to day or week to week gas prices at a gas station.

I don't worry about gas prices anyway, but the benefits of an EV are pretty good.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
"The November 3rd election was the most secure election in American history"
---- Chris Krebs, Trump-appointed Director Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency

"I told Trump that all this stuff was bullshit about election fraud."
------ Bill Barr, Trump-appointed Attorney General

Trump didn't believe it himself- but his cult believes he believes it.

There are things Trump could have done if he had really believed it like hiring really good Republican election law experts. He chose not to do that. He ended up hiring a bunch of nut jobs - and he got what he paid for.

We're watching the world end as we know it all because of the guy you voted for. So you are never going to come across as intelligent.

Sorry, your post is too stupid for a response. LOL

I am sorry your world is over though. Sounds awful. I am glad I am smart enough to avoid finding myself in your position. That would really suck.

• Haha
Especially with the way Americans have been buying so many large gas guzzlers that many auto manufacturers have quit making sedans.

I mean I care about gas prices but I fully expected gas prices to increase a lot after COVID. It was no surprise to me.

With the war occurring, it's also no surprise that they've increased even more as they have been around the world.
Just curious do you know what the avg gas prices/Brent prices were before Covid, you can use a multi year average if you want. Since you were sure they would rise rapidly post Covid, did that mean rising back to levels prior to Covid since the demands would have been similar to pre Covid.

Just curious do you know what the avg gas prices/Brent prices were before Covid, you can use a multi year average if you want. Since you were sure they would rise rapidly post Covid, did that mean rising back to levels prior to Covid since the demands would have been similar to pre Covid.

I don't care enough to go and look it up. If you want to do it for me, please do. I mean it won't change anything but feel free. I fully understand they were lower before COVID. Gas prices go up and down- and have for my 50+ years.

I didn't say anything about what gas prices would be. I said I expected them to rise after COVID- and obviously they are high. I don't make gas price predictions.

It's not fun but I don't let it bother me like some of you do. I am sorry about that.

and no- it doesn't make me wish for a fool like Trump to be in the white house. LOL.

Sorry, your post is too stupid for a response. LOL

I am sorry your world is over though. Sounds awful. I am glad I am smart enough to avoid finding myself in your position. That would really suck.
The time will soon come in this country when people like you will be hunted down. It's going to be like purge night. Is that stupid enough for you?

We're watching the world end as we know it all because of the guy you voted for. So you are never going to come across as intelligent.
He really likes to hear himself talk. He's like a misquote buzzing around your head when your trying to sleep or that kid your mom made you invite to your birthday party because she felt sorry for him because he didn't have any friends.

I don't care enough to go and look it up. If you want to do it for me, please do. I mean it won't change anything but feel free. I fully understand they were lower before COVID. Gas prices go up and down- and have for my 50+ years.

I didn't say anything about what gas prices would be. I said I expected them to rise after COVID- and obviously they are high. I don't make gas price predictions.

It's not fun but I don't let it bother me like some of you do. I am sorry about that.

and no- it doesn't make me wish for a fool like Trump to be in the white house. LOL.

Even with COVID, we were in a MUCH better place with Trump than we are now with Biden. That's undeniable.

Reactions: SparkleCity

Probably better for you not to go look them up. I’m taking a wild guess here but I’m sure you have zero knowledge on the inner workings of that industry, I’ll just leave it at that.

The only silver lining is that the majority party in govt right now that has us on a trajectory of 15% inflation or worse will likely suffer historic losses in November, possibly even worse than the 1994 bloodbath.

It's not just the one guy. If the vegetable in the WH were the only problem, our problems could be manageable. But it's not just that one dimocrat, it's dimocratS. It's not just a Biden problem, but a democrat problem, and there are tens of millions of those derelicts that dwell in a permanent stupor.

It's not just the one guy. If the vegetable in the WH were the only problem, our problems could be manageable. But it's not just that one dimocrat, it's dimocratS. It's not just a Biden problem, but a democrat problem, and there are tens of millions of those derelicts that dwell in a permanent stupor.
That's true and I know he's really not in charge. Our country was taken over by the deep state. Well, I say taken over but it looks like they've been running our country for awhile now we just didn't know. We should know it now but so many people aren't really that interested in anything that happens outside of their immediate lives.

Reactions: SparkleCity
So narrow minded, do you even realize fossil fuels power 80% of our economy, including almost all Transportation costs. You think just “Kyle” will suffer, are you really that uninformed. Every single thing you purchase will be affected by increases in oil and gas prices, everything.

Oh and natural gas has spiked up 60%, what is that used for genius? Are you looking for a new “Kyle” to not feel sorry for or do you even know that affects every single household.
Well if only we had more “informed” people in office like Alaska’s own Sarah Palin.

I am well aware gas prices effect more than just Kyle but at the same time there are things you can do to curb a gas cost. There are adjustments you can make to your grocery bill and eating out to minimize the effect. You may not like that answer but when you choose to drive a gas vehicle that’s part of what comes with it.

I drive electric so no the costs do not impact me directly but yes they indirectly effect other prices that get passed to the consumer. At the same time comparing gas prices at a time of pandemic or in November when there is a cheaper fuel used or at a time before the attack on Ukraine is misinformed at best and ignorant at worst.

Reactions: DeeDave
Higher gas prices has been the goal of this administration all along. They used it thinking it would force a change in behavior and make their green deal look more appealing. They can deny it all they want but they are the ones who got the dominos to fall.
Simply another policy blunder... like every other policy they have tried to implement.
I don’t believe the goal is to push the new green deal but on the flip side if you refuse to look into environmentally friendly options, what option do you have short of digging in your yard to find that oil or paying the piper.

Well if only we had more “informed” people in office like Alaska’s own Sarah Palin.

I am well aware gas prices effect more than just Kyle but at the same time there are things you can do to curb a gas cost. There are adjustments you can make to your grocery bill and eating out to minimize the effect. You may not like that answer but when you choose to drive a gas vehicle that’s part of what comes with it.

I drive electric so no the costs do not impact me directly but yes they indirectly effect other prices that get passed to the consumer. At the same time comparing gas prices at a time of pandemic or in November when there is a cheaper fuel used or at a time before the attack on Ukraine is misinformed at best and ignorant at worst.
You continue to show your ignorance, go pre pandemic, in 2019 with NO COVID our production volumes were the highest ever and yet the avg price of gas never got to $3…you were saying? At least use real numbers if you try and make a point.

And another question you won’t like, prior to this war on Ukraine were prices going up? You do realize we hit over $100 barrel cost well before Russia attacked Ukraine.

I know these things are inconvenient and don’t fit your narrative very well.

And speaking of informed people in office, do you need me to post a video of our VP explaining in laymen terms what is happening in Ukraine? It’s 4th grade level at best.

Reactions: Lurker123
Probably better for you not to go look them up. I’m taking a wild guess here but I’m sure you have zero knowledge on the inner workings of that industry, I’ll just leave it at that.

The only silver lining is that the majority party in govt right now that has us on a trajectory of 15% inflation or worse will likely suffer historic losses in November, possibly even worse than the 1994 bloodbath.

I told you to post it yourself if you want to post it.

I'm not taking time to look up anything because you tell me. That's not the way it works here.

There is no doubt Democrats will lose the House. The Senate? Who knows. Biden's polling has actually improved a little over the last week.

Regardless, a Democrat will still be in the White House and nothing Congress does will change anything. The President still has a lot of power to do as he pleases despite what Congress does.

Yes, I did vote for Joe Biden- not one regret. That's a given.
Congrats you are one of the 37% of people in this country who feel that way, almost 7 in 10 sure feel different than you. Biden is already somewhat neutered due to his cognitive abilities, the good thing is his entire agenda is about to be neutered in November.

Maybe he can have Kamala explain to him in laymen terms why he will suffer historic losses, now that would be a doozy for sure!

I don’t believe the goal is to push the new green deal but on the flip side if you refuse to look into environmentally friendly options, what option do you have short of digging in your yard to find that oil or paying the piper.
I'm not saying you refuse to look into environmentally friendly options. It's a worthy goal. The tech is not there yet to be sustainable. And intil it is, to force the issue will cause great pain. People are not flocking to evs. Maybe that time will come. Until then, seems now we are ready to get in bed with bad actors in the name of oil. And we seem willing to buy dirtier oil and gas to what? Make a point? It's certainly not for the sake of the enviroment.

EV's do get most of their energy from fossil fuels, but not from crude oil. It's only the US's obsession with combustion-engine cars that makes our country rely on oil so much.

Natural gas, coal, nuclear and renewables give energy to our power grid - and thus EV's. Take out combusion engines in most cars and trucks and the US will never import another barrel of oil again.
Combustion engines can be converted over to propane, natural gas. To think you’ll ever replace all the combustion engines in the US in the next 20, 30 years is ridiculous. Buying EV isn’t something the majority will do because it’s no where near cost effective yet

Congrats you are one of the 37% of people in this country who feel that way, almost 7 in 10 sure feel different than you. Biden is already somewhat neutered due to his cognitive abilities, the good thing is his entire agenda is about to be neutered in November.

I don't follow other people or what they do. That's silly. I'm not in elementary school.

His entire agenda won't be neutered, regardless of what happens in November. That's not how executive power works.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT