ADVERTISEMENT

Enough

Thanks to our AD as of April 1, Martin's buyout decreases to $3M maximum. During his last two years (2023-24 and 2024-25) it drops to $0.

I don't know. We have all seen this act before. Lose some games in embarrassing fashion, but then manage to win a couple.games they have no business winning. And no matter that each and every year they don't come close to sniffing the tourney that apparently Frank can convince Ray that those wins are proof that things are headed in the right direction.

I don't know. We have all seen this act before. Lose some games in embarrassing fashion, but then manage to win a couple.games they have no business winning. And no matter that each and every year they don't come close to sniffing the tourney that apparently Frank can convince Ray that those wins are proof that things are headed in the right direction.
If it were up to Tanner, Martin would have been let go at the end of last year. Our legislature, president and BOT stepped in to save his ass.

Reactions: TAV31 and PC31
If it were up to Tanner, Martin would have been let go at the end of last year. Our legislature, president and BOT stepped in to save his ass.
Yeah people won't admit it, but if martin was white, he would have been let go last year. Possibly even sooner. I've had Frank's back until this year. I'm finally done with it. I like his tough style, it's just not winning enough games for us.

Reactions: goboykin
Yeah people won't admit it, but if martin was white, he would have been let go last year. Possibly even sooner. I've had Frank's back until this year. I'm finally done with it. I like his tough style, it's just not winning enough games for us.
I thought he was white.

Reactions: Harvard Gamecock
He is Hispanic. Cuban, to be specific.
I'm old enough to remember when they were considered Caucasian by their bone structure, which is what determines race. That's why a skeleton found in the woods can be identified as a certain race. I also remember when they discovered the advantages of minority status and became Chicano. Now "race" is determined by "culture", which is not race.

Thanks to our AD as of April 1, Martin's buyout decreases to $3M maximum. During his last two years (2023-24 and 2024-25) it drops to $0.
So if Martin is fired at the conclusion of this season, UofSC owes him $3 million?

Frank Martin is the 5th highest paid coach in the SEC. He makes more than coaches at Missouri, Florida, Auburn (!), Arkansas, LSU, Ole Miss, A&M, Miss State and Vanderbilt.

So if Martin is fired at the conclusion of this season, UofSC owes him $3 million?

Frank Martin is the 5th highest paid coach in the SEC. He makes more than coaches at Missouri, Florida, Auburn (!), Arkansas, LSU, Ole Miss, A&M, Miss State and Vanderbilt.
He also is the 2nd longest tenured coach in the SEC. Like it or not, that means something when it comes to financial stuff.

If he is fired April 1 or after, yes. That was what he had to concede to get a 2-year extension (4 total) with zero buyout during the final two years. The second year is somewhere between zero and $3M.

If he is fired April 1 or after, yes. That was what he had to concede to get a 2-year extension (4 total) with zero buyout during the final two years. The second year is somewhere between zero and $3M.
Will the buyout ever really go to zero though? At the end of this season, they will have to decide whether to give him an extension again (recruits) and the 1-year severance will likely reattach.

Will the buyout ever really go to zero though? At the end of this season, they will have to decide whether to give him an extension again (recruits) and the 1-year severance will likely reattach.
Don't know, but they did get his previous buyout reduced significantly. They let the last contract to get down to two years so if he is not let go this year or next, I guess we will find out.

Reactions: turncock
Would any school be knocking down the door to hire FM if he were available … The answer is Hell NO

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT