ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting

Take it up with US News! Methinks your bias would not allow a rational assessment.
Clemsux continues to hang on the word of US News and World Report which is an unauthoritative source. It has been discredited my many experts in academia. Somewhat like the National Enquirer is to real news. But if that is all you got, go with it.

Reactions: UpstateGamecock2
Clemsux continues to hang on the word of US News and World Report which is an unauthoritative source. It has been discredited my many experts in academia. Somewhat like the National Enquirer is to real news. But if that is all you got, go with it.

Gamecock fans sure do like to quote the #1 international business ranking. You do know the source of that ranking? The school has a page dedicated to the US News (and a few other) rankings:

http://www.sc.edu/about/south_carolina_at_a_glance/

Comparing winning in ACC against winning in the S E C? Sorr but dabo would not have won at same level if he was not in weak conference. But through winning even if against weak competition it has helped recruiting in Pickens

And what, pray tell, is your "authoritative" source? US News has always been a well-respected publication. Not sure where you are getting you bias on this.

For another "source", the Princeton Review shows USC as having a 65% acceptance rate and 72% of the students had a 3.75 or greater high school GPA. Clemson is 51% acceptance rate and 87% of students had a 3.75 or greater high school GPA.
Highest ratings of USC students were: student newspaper #18 Pack stadium #17 Athletic facilities #17 Study the least #17. Clemson's were : Best alumni network #2 Career services #1 Happiest Students #7 Pack stadium #1 and Love their school #2. Make of that what you will or denigrate the source if you like. Princeton Review is thought of pretty highly.

For another "source", the Princeton Review shows USC as having a 65% acceptance rate and 72% of the students had a 3.75 or greater high school GPA. Clemson is 51% acceptance rate and 87% of students had a 3.75 or greater high school GPA.
Highest ratings of USC students were: student newspaper #18 Pack stadium #17 Athletic facilities #17 Study the least #17. Clemson's were : Best alumni network #2 Career services #1 Happiest Students #7 Pack stadium #1 and Love their school #2. Make of that what you will or denigrate the source if you like. Princeton Review is thought of pretty highly.

Their acceptance rate is 51% because of the capacity capability. They don't have the housing or classroom space to accept more at the present time....probably by design. SC can accept a larger percentage because we're a larger school. Your point was meaningless on acceptance rates.

Plus, their former employee ratted them out. clemsux cheated to get the ranking. Shocker, I know.

I wasn't trying to equate acceptance rates with how good or bad a school is. If a school can only accept 50 people due to capacity, that doesn't make them stronger or weaker than a school that can accept 1000 because they have more capacity. You missed my point that acceptance rates don't mean squat. It also has to do with number of applications when figuring acceptance rates. I'd say schools like Michigan get more applications than say.....Wofford. Doesn't mean Wofford is not a good school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT