ADVERTISEMENT

For the future of USC Athletics.... sorry for duplicate

Sep 3, 2001
Aiken, SC
Please, for the love of all things Gamecock, we as a fan base need to make it known that this is NOT acceptable!!

If you care about this football program or any Gamecock sports,
DO NOT GIVE ANOTHER PENNY to the University of South Carolina until this administration understands that the loyal fan base they’ve been riding for decades is done, until changes are made.

$$ will talk.

I, for one, will NOT attend a USC football game as long as Muschamp is still coaching.

Many of us have been saying this for years. But, we are the fanbase that wants to brag about how many butts were in seats during a 21 game losing streak. A truly sports-knowledgeable fanbase would have withheld financial support back in the mid-80s. Or, when we hired Sparky Woods. Or when Brad missed out on a bowl game in 4 straight years. Or when Lou dementia'd his way through his final 3 seasons.
When Clemson fans decided they didn't want Hatfield anymore, they took action and got rid of him. Maybe Tommy West wasn't the answer, but at least they didn't pack 80k people into their stadium and brag about their loyalty. When Tennessee fans didn't want Greg Schiano, they got the AD fired.

Many of us have been saying this for years. But, we are the fanbase that wants to brag about how many butts were in seats during a 21 game losing streak. A truly sports-knowledgeable fanbase would have withheld financial support back in the mid-80s. Or, when we hired Sparky Woods. Or when Brad missed out on a bowl game in 4 straight years. Or when Lou dementia'd his way through his final 3 seasons.
When Clemson fans decided they didn't want Hatfield anymore, they took action and got rid of him. Maybe Tommy West wasn't the answer, but at least they didn't pack 80k people into their stadium and brag about their loyalty. When Tennessee fans didn't want Greg Schiano, they got the AD fired.

The mid eighties were actually pretty good for football. Ryan Bethea, Sharpe, Edwards and the interception machine.

Please, for the love of all things Gamecock, we as a fan base need to make it known that this is NOT acceptable!!

If you care about this football program or any Gamecock sports,
DO NOT GIVE ANOTHER PENNY to the University of South Carolina until this administration understands that the loyal fan base they’ve been riding for decades is done, until changes are made.

$$ will talk.

I, for one, will NOT attend a USC football game as long as Muschamp is still coaching.

I literally said these exact words about 2 months ago....after the UK I think. I honestly thought I would be banned....or shot. The only thing I'd add to your post is to email Ray and beg him to do the right thing and resign.

Wish this would happen but never will . We are a program that accepts mediocrity year after year . It’s beating a dead horse . Guarantee next year that stadium will be packed if we lose every game .,

Reactions: Legendary Cock
\
The mid eighties were actually pretty good for football. Ryan Bethea, Sharpe, Edwards and the interception machine.
And there's the problem. "Pretty good for football?" The mid-80s were: 1985 5-6...1986 3-6-2...1987 8-4...1988 8-4. We beat Clemson once in that span, but had 2 losing seasons, including a 3 win season. 1988, for those who remember, was a season with 4 losses in the final 6 games, including embarrassing performance against Ga Tech, Fla St, Clemson, and Indiana.

I was going to buy extra season tickets but I won’t now, and they won’t give a damn. Will probably just get Bammer tickets and that’s it

I said the same thing after the Georgia loss and got absolutely hammered for saying it. Well, as a graduate, season ticket holder, and scholarship donor since 1984, I made the decision today walking back from the stadium to the car. I’m done until wholesale changes are made across the board. I fully expect the usual Don’t let the door hit you BS. It’s all good.

Reactions: ConKreteCock
\

And there's the problem. "Pretty good for football?" The mid-80s were: 1985 5-6...1986 3-6-2...1987 8-4...1988 8-4. We beat Clemson once in that span, but had 2 losing seasons, including a 3 win season. 1988, for those who remember, was a season with 4 losses in the final 6 games, including embarrassing performance against Ga Tech, Fla St, Clemson, and Indiana.

Thanks for the post. You saved me the effort.

Reactions: Jon Snow
I said the same thing after the Georgia loss and got absolutely hammered for saying it. Well, as a graduate, season ticket holder, and scholarship donor since 1984, I made the decision today walking back from the stadium to the car. I’m done until wholesale changes are made across the board. I fully expect the usual Don’t let the door hit you BS. It’s all good.

Thank you. For real. It has to be done.

We need to get together and do what the Chiefs did a few years ago. The fans rented a plane to fly a banner over the stadium before a game that said to fire the GM and bench the QB. It worked for my Chiefs maybe it will work for us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT