ADVERTISEMENT

Frank Martin with a interesting tweet.

Alanzo Frink
24/7 has him as a 3 star
Rivals doesn't even have him as anything .

Jaybird1010Member
NewWe got Frink tonight. We beat out James Madison, Bryant, Arkansas State and Central Connecticut State. Huge get.

Ass Clown...Georgetown too!

Reactions: okccock
I had hoped we were on the brink of signing Frink.

He really reminds me in some ways of a Kotsar like player, based on his highlight video. Has potential. UMass and Georgetown had offered also, I believe.

Reactions: funktavious
You never know with Coach Frank's projects... Looking at the videos he is much better than Gueye... But he is not Chris Silva... But there is a vast expanse between the two

Rogue...Sorry, I didn’t realize that FM was recruiting to fulfill your needs...I thought he was trying to meet his?
His knock has always been a lack of recruiting...always. If he doesn't do better than this, he won't be here long. I think he is a good coach, but recruiting has been his achilles heel. At KSU, he had two very good assistant coaches who were good recruiters....brought one here (Underwood) for a couple of years.

FWIW, this kid is from the same high school as Chris Silva. And Georgetown is now coached by a pretty good big man, Patrick Ewing.

johnnyplaidWell-Known Member
New

And exactly when was the last time Georgetown was relevant?
I could be wrong but I don't think that's really the point. I think the point was the poster was leaving off the better known schools as he was trying to be derogatory to our school and our new recruit. Pretty classless if you ask me.

Johnnyplaid...You’re right! That is why I posted. The guy intentionally left off Georgetown (I believe UMass offered too), so it would look bad for FM’s recruiting. Why would a Carolina fan do that?

johnnyplaidWell-Known Member
New

And exactly when was the last time Georgetown was relevant?
I could be wrong but I don't think that's really the point. I think the point was the poster was leaving off the better known schools as he was trying to be derogatory to our school and our new recruit. Pretty classless if you ask me.

Johnnyplaid...You’re right! That is why I posted. The guy intentionally left off Georgetown (I believe UMass offered too), so it would look bad for FM’s recruiting. Why would a Carolina fan do that?
It was a colorful way of saying that he was underwhelmed. Probably would have been better to lurk this thread.

Rogue...Sorry, I didn’t realize that FM was recruiting to fulfill your needs...I thought he was trying to meet his?

His knock has always been a lack of recruiting...always. If he doesn't do better than this, he won't be here long. I think he is a good coach, but recruiting has been his achilles heel. At KSU, he had two very good assistant coaches who were good recruiters....brought one here (Underwood) for a couple of years.

Dude, rogue cock is exactly right in his analysis. Just because the truth apparently hurts your feelings doesn't make it any less true. And if you didnt realize FM was recruiting to fulfill our needs, you really have poor grasp of college basketball.

BroosterWell-Known Member
New

Dude, rogue cock is exactly right in his analysis. Just because the truth apparently hurts your feelings doesn't make it any less true. And if you didnt realize FM was recruiting to fulfill our needs, you really have poor grasp of college basketball.

Dude...He didn’t hurt my feelings. Btw...Posts on here, aren’t necessarily the “truth”. They’re more just someone’s OPINION.

Why don't some of you talent scouts look up where Villanovas recruiting classes have been ranked the past 7-8 years....

Reactions: Bleedgarnet33
Why don't some of you talent scouts look up where Villanovas recruiting classes have been ranked the past 7-8 years....
Villanova has recruited stronger classes, but they haven't recruited as strongly as Duke or Kentucky. Now, where are you going with this?

the past 7 years their avg classes rank in the 30s..They have won 2 Nattys in 3 years without any top 20 recruiting classes.. The point is, its an evaluation and development game... There are so many good HS hoopsters in the USA evaluation is far more important than how many stars a player has...If you can land a couple of highly rated ballers, great.. But you can win championships with underrated kids like Chris Silva.. We'll see what Frink is soon enough.. I understand the apprehension of our fans because Coach Frank has signed players that had no chance to compete at the SEC level...

Villanova has recruited stronger classes, but they haven't recruited as strongly as Duke or Kentucky. Now, where are you going with this?

Now, if 'Nova had offered him, I'd be impressed. Wright is good at evaluation and this kid is pretty much in his backyard.

I don't know what the kids potential is.. I am just just saying lets welcome the young man and see what he has got...If he stumbled across this thread i am certain he would be heartbroken..

Reactions: cocky4 and kick#
His contract suggests he'll be here for a while, no matter the results.

I don't know what the kids potential is.. I am just just saying lets welcome the young man and see what he has got...If he stumbled across this thread i am certain he would be heartbroken..
I understand. I just remember the grumbling last year about recruiting following the FF and the Martin apologists (correctly IMO) pointed out that the FF run took place too late to have an impact on recruiting and to wait until this year. Well it is this year....and that window to use the FF run for recruiting is narrowing. My disappointment has little to do with any particular recruit.....it is the whole effort I see out of the staff. I don't see nearly the effort that Muschamp or Staley put into recruiting....you hear about what they are doing and you see it pay off. It is concerning, especially that has been the knock on Martin. No doubt he is a good coach, but......

Y'all leave FFF alone. He has better things to do in March than coach basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT