ADVERTISEMENT

How Can our Players Not Be Ready to Play????????????????????

BedouinCock

Jan 4, 2008
What is wrong with this picture?? They have a full four years of college paid for, the best of medical resources, the best food, the best rooms and the best of all the other stuff I did not list. They play on a stage with millions watching and they say that a they were "not ready to play". There are people who really take their social security money and by Gamecock memberships and season tickets, drive hundreds of miles and pay for the motels and food and the players are not motivated? Is there no sense of commitment to someone other than themselves?? We had more excitement about playing football in our back yards in 1950 than these soft, babied and pampered guys. What the crap are we producing now that they are not excited about playing and have no commitment. Take away their scholarship and that might adjust their "want too"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good idea. USC fans were about the only ones motivated Sat. Will needs to clean house. His promotion of BMac to keep him from leaving was poorly thought out. It's about as bad as SS' promotion of unowho to DC. Now some fans may be hoping he will leave.
I guess that "free ride" to college is just that to a lot of the players.

Reactions: jonesz21
Do you think that football players get their main motivation to play hard from the fans? In any team situation, the main motivation comes from the team concept itself. Its the guys you work or play with and feel an obligation to that motivates you. Things like fan support and individual goals do have an effect but they don't carry the same weight as responsibility to support the guys around you. Of course, home field shows that your fans do have an important effect also.

Ask any member of a military unit what motivates them. By far the most significant answer is the other guys that you depend on and who depend on you. Some of this comes from their superiors but, in a crunch, its the team that prevails.

The Gamecocks were simply out of sync, individually and collectively, Saturday and the coaches did not have them prepared. Rarely in position to make a necessary play on offense or defense. I hope they are all ashamed of their effort.

Good idea. USC fans were about the only ones motivated Sat. Will needs to clean house. His promotion of BMac to keep him from leaving was poorly thought out. It's about as bad as SS' promotion of unowho to DC. Now some fans may be hoping he will leave.
I guess that "free ride" to college is just that to a lot of the players.

Not to mention we have other QB on the roster that the coach refused to give a chance in Akron game or bowl game.

Weather they did or didn’t, it is their job to make sure the team is ready and doesn’t overlook the opponent
Perhaps Muschamp flippant need to practice the amount of practices allowed indicated to the team “we are so much better, we don’t need to practice” attitude

UVA coming off a 49-7 bowl loss last year is what kept them motivated this year. Our win over Michigan last year in sunny Florida may have very well left us with a I don't care attitude this time around in Charlotte.

Seriously though...if we just give Muschamp 27 more years, he’ll get it done.
And I'll be dead and gone and won't see it. He didn't do himself any favors with that dumpster fire I witnessed in Charlotte next season will decide if I keep him on my buddy list.

We had a lot of players on offense playing a new position due to Bailey and Deebo being out. When those changes are coupled with a lack of sufficient practice, it led to the mess we saw on the field.

We had a lot of players on offense playing a new position due to Bailey and Deebo being out. When those changes are coupled with a lack of sufficient practice, it led to the mess we saw on the field.

Win anyway. Our baseball ⚾️ coach AD was a master at that even before the CWS titles. Hold your coaches (now under you) to the same standard.

i could tell from the last minute of his post game presser that he was pissed about montac and felton.said he'd done addressed that question.i hope he has the guts to tell the players to take a hike if they don't want to play/be here.but it seems something is going on in the locker room that we are not privy too.

This coaching staff is about as incompetent as they come and it starts at the top. I have always felt that if your HC could not win at Florida, he cannot win any place else. Will is only a recruiter, not a coach. Any other coach would have made half time adjustments to come back and put some points on the board, not him. UVA is probably the least talented P5 team there is and for that team to shut out the Cock offense only shows that the UVA coaching staff came up with a game plan that SC coaching staff could not made adjustments to counter. That is sheer incompetence in my book.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT