ADVERTISEMENT

How is the band looking this year?

msc1992

Feb 9, 2001
Mount Pleasant
Steady numbers from years past I hope.
Any changes to pregame ?
Btw, Carolina Crown played the "Defense 3rd down" clip this year.

Well, they are young, but extremely talented. If they can stay healthy, then I think they will have a good year! LOL

that is another resource we have at Carolina that makes Clemson look high school ,our MIGHTY SEC BAND.

that is another resource we have at Carolina that makes Clemson look high school ,our MIGHTY SEC BAND.

Well . . . the reason for that is Clemson's band only has TWO instruments which are distributed, alternately to every member of the Tater band. The instruments are . . . BANJOS, i.e. DUELING BANJOS! Interesting, but boring after the first 3-4 play-offs. Weird, them Taters.

Funny you should ask. I was at practice today talking to the new director. He's from Michigan State, and well versed on USC athletics. They're looking at about 370 members this year. Only got to see mostly first year members, but they seem pretty talented, and I'm sure they'll be as good if not better than last year.

greener pastures?

Well, when you move from the #2 position at one school to the #1 position at another, I would say yes. She was ready for that promotion, and it wasn't going to happen here anytime soon. I'm going out to see her in October. I'll let her know she is missed.

Just heard the tuba player, third from the left tweaked his ACL. Also heard the best clarinet player that transferred from Clemson got his finger stuck in one of the keys and will likely be out for the first 4 games of the season.

they sound pretty damn good to me.....clemsons band isnt even in the same ballpark as carolinas, its not even close
heres a video of their band performing below

ReadRooster thinks they havent recruited well and dont have what it takes to be on par with the best bands in the SEC

My son is sophomore Tuba, says overall band will be 370-375. 34 Tubas. Very loud. Pregame is essentially unchanged from last year. There are limited slots for pregame, they had tryouts for pregame on Friday evening.

Reactions: msc1992
Graniteville, please let him know that the fans truly appreciate the band and what they add to the gameday experience. For me and my family and friends, Carolina games would not be the same without the band. They are awesome.

Funny, no Tater posters on this discussion. I thought everything at Tillman was better than anyone else's. A large marching band like you see in the SEC does it's share in promoting their university. Very proud of ours.

My son is sophomore Tuba, says overall band will be 370-375. 34 Tubas. Very loud. Pregame is essentially unchanged from last year. There are limited slots for pregame, they had tryouts for pregame on Friday evening.
tell ure son to take a few people from the band with him after the game and learn the phrase "fight song for a beer"....not sure what they do now, but after the game the band had to walk through the fair grounds to the buses....on the way, we would stop and ask fans "fight song for a beer".....we would come back with a case of beer sometimes......not only that, if they didnt have beer, they offered up food!!!!....was awesome....i wonder if those young bucks still do that

tell ure son to take a few people from the band with him after the game and learn the phrase "fight song for a beer"....not sure what they do now, but after the game the band had to walk through the fair grounds to the buses....on the way, we would stop and ask fans "fight song for a beer".....we would come back with a case of beer sometimes......not only that, if they didnt have beer, they offered up food!!!!....was awesome....i wonder if those young bucks still do that
I'll ask him about that phrase. If they still do t, he'll know!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT