ADVERTISEMENT

If Florida State loses this morning,

Give them the 8, we'll take the 9, go 'up thar' and the state champ to OMAHA! Got to hit it, tot get it!!

Taters and wayward Gamecocks.Keep on hatin hater!
You have never learned to distinguish between constructive criticism and hate.

Just because someone has more informed comments than you do does not mean they are "hating". You need to open your mind and respect that others likely know more than you do and you only look small by personally attacking them.

Reactions: Jpcooper
You have never learned to distinguish between constructive criticism and hate.

Just because someone has more informed comments than you do does not mean they are "hating". You need to open your mind and respect that others likely know more than you do and you only look small by personally attacking them.
lol. I learned long ago that you are a condescending jerk and you dont know jack. Now, Ive got work to do provided we miss the rain. Have a great night!

Reactions: BigTimeTiger
lol. I learned long ago that you are a condescending jerk and you dont know jack. Now, Ive got work to do provided we miss the rain. Have a great night!
Hey, I am just trying to help you out.

One question for you: is ignorance truly bliss?

Burke and Peterson were going back and forth when ESPN showed D1 baseball's new national seed projections with Clemson at #8. Burke asked how Clemson who was a questionable regional host before the ACC tournament is now all of a sudden a national seed after five days. Legitimate point. Peterson said they had a solid resume.

National seeds Taters, UNC, duke, W
Burke and Peterson were going back and forth when ESPN showed D1 baseball's new national seed projections with Clemson at #8. Burke asked how Clemson who was a questionable regional host before the ACC tournament is now all of a sudden a national seed after five days. Legitimate point. Peterson said they had a solid resume.
Colag tater has declared clemson great that all you need to know.

I don't mean Lee is on the phone in the dugout with Tanner during ballgames if that is what you are asking. But it's widely known that Tanner and Lee are very close and talk regularly. The following is a picture of Tanner at his HOF induction a couple of months ago. That is Monte Lee in the orange shirt on the right, next to Holbrook.

CYPzzM0UoAAmFgk.jpg

How often do you see a head coach of a rival school at an event like that honoring the AD and legendary coach when he is the only one in the room not on staff or a member of the family? The two are very close and Lee will tell you he looks up to Tanner a great deal and continues to look to him for advice and mentoring. Being head coach at Clemson hasn't changed that. I think it's great.

Most Clemson fans I know have great respect for Tanner. The rivalry in baseball isn't as bitter as football. More of a mutual respect. We still hope you lose every game and you hope we lose every game, and that's cool and the way it should be with a rivalry. But it doesn't mean we have to be delusional and not respect the other's program accomplishments. In this case, Tanner is a great mentor and I am respect and understand why Coach Lee is very close to him. I'm glad we have him as our head coach. He's a major upgrade and great fit. Already overachieving in a big way.

We screwed the pooch when we didn't hire Monty Lee a few years back....

The regular season should always hold more weight than a tournament than is no more than a supposed money revenue producer. Just as someone said just base the season on the last 10 games and what does that get you? MLB would be in big trouble if they based their playoff teams on whether they got hot in the last few games. It still should matter that you should want to win any game you play.

That's a bad analogy. If MLB had mini-tournaments to decide division winners, you can bank it that that would determine who got into the playoffs. As it is, the major NCAA conferences have tournaments to try to send the best teams to the NCAA the same as basketball. Say you win 50 games in a season, but your 5 best players all flunk the spring semester: should you even be in the tournament at all?

That's a bad analogy. If MLB had mini-tournaments to decide division winners, you can bank it that that would determine who got into the playoffs. As it is, the major NCAA conferences have tournaments to try to send the best teams to the NCAA the same as basketball. Say you win 50 games in a season, but your 5 best players all flunk the spring semester: should you even be in the tournament at all?
The team won 50 games during the season, then they won them. If you lose players at the end of the year, you can't penalize the team's wins. It is a whole season not a mini tournament that counts. The team that wins that tournament could go 0 fer and then what do you say? Good teams are determined by some good pitching, defense and timely hitting.

The team won 50 games during the season, then they won them. If you lose players at the end of the year, you can't penalize the team's wins. It is a whole season not a mini tournament that counts. The team that wins that tournament could go 0 fer and then what do you say? Good teams are determined by some good pitching, defense and timely hitting.

I think that with a few (or dozen) more years of watching sports, that you will understand. You CAN penalize a team in an objective tournament for losing all their stars,

Seems to me we need to be trying to figure out how to get the Del Monte in our dugout before he gets too comfortable in Pickens County. He's taken a tater team that has a lot less talent than they had last year and positioned them to a potential national seed (depends on who you listen to, but they're certainly in the conversation with their series wins over us, FSU, NCSU, and then wins over UVA, Louisville, FSU, WFU who will be in the tournament).
Their arms (which are average at best) are actually safe with the way they pitched them, and looks like they finally got their best arm on the team (LHP Bostic) from Charlotte pitching instead of throwing and they certainly found a hot hitter in the kid who basically hadn't played all year and ended up as MVP in the acc tourny.

Seems to me we need to be trying to figure out how to get the Del Monte in our dugout before he gets too comfortable in Pickens County. He's taken a tater team that has a lot less talent than they had last year and positioned them to a potential national seed (depends on who you listen to, but they're certainly in the conversation with their series wins over us, FSU, NCSU, and then wins over UVA, Louisville, FSU, WFU who will be in the tournament).
Their arms (which are average at best) are actually safe with the way they pitched them, and looks like they finally got their best arm on the team (LHP Bostic) from Charlotte pitching instead of throwing and they certainly found a hot hitter in the kid who basically hadn't played all year and ended up as MVP in the acc tourny.
I think it is too late to get Monte Lee here. However, Ray needs to find someone like him who would also be a good fit here.

I think that with a few (or dozen) more years of watching sports, that you will understand. You CAN penalize a team in an objective tournament for losing all their stars,
I have many years of watching sports, tiger 66. You can penalize a basketball team, but can't see doing that to a baseball team. That concludes my statements on that.

Well call me crazy, but I think we still have a good chance of getting it, with Uva getting the other spot.
Your crazy, clemson is the greatest team in the history of life on this planet. Deal with it America. Monty Lee making America great
...........again

I've never seen someone as oblivious to rock solid facts like you are on here.
Clemson has 18 wins over top 50 rpi teams. 18-14,only Louisville and Miami have more wins. Road--Neutral record is 17-11.Clemson played 16 games against teams with over 100rpi. Carolina has 9-12 record against rpi top 50 teams,road-neutral record of 12-11 and played 26 games against teams with over 100 rpi. Pretty easy to win a lot of games when half your opponents have rpi over 100.

Your crazy, clemson is the greatest team in the history of life on this planet. Deal with it America. Monty Lee making America great
...........again
Yes, what was I thinking.
With those great wins over Pitt, WF and Duke...D'OH, scratch that last one...and getting swept twice and loosing series to the 2 strongest teams in the conference...
they are a lock and #1 to win it all this season, and the next 20 to come.:D

Cola G'Cock, I appreciate your comments about Coach Lee. Clemson is very blessed to have him. I'm curious though about your thoughts on Coach Holbrook. What is it that he does wrong, or where does he need to improve in order to get the job done in Columbia? From the outside looking in, he seems to have a really good team this year.

Clemson has 18 wins over top 50 rpi teams. 18-14,only Louisville and Miami have more wins. Road--Neutral record is 17-11.Clemson played 16 games against teams with over 100rpi. Carolina has 9-12 record against rpi top 50 teams,road-neutral record of 12-11 and played 26 games against teams with over 100 rpi. Pretty easy to win a lot of games when half your opponents have rpi over 100.
I give them all the credit for this weekend. But they did finish in 4th in their division and 6 or 7 overall.

Cola G'Cock, I appreciate your comments about Coach Lee. Clemson is very blessed to have him. I'm curious though about your thoughts on Coach Holbrook. What is it that he does wrong, or where does he need to improve in order to get the job done in Columbia? From the outside looking in, he seems to have a really good team this year.
Very generally, I don't think he is that sharp of a gameday coach nor does he have the personality to inspire confidence in the players.

You can't argue those numbers... which is why I predict Clemson getting the #8 seed and Carolina will have to visit Clemson to get to Omaha. I also think that Coastal Carolina is in the same region as USC. Then the argument is settled on the field.

Ok, yeah, that can be frustrating...especially compared to what you had with Tanner.
Tanner knew the game and I think the players trusted him because of that. You don't get that same impression with Holbrook.

Being a good leader is a talent and some have it and some don't.

Reactions: YH
You keep talking about who clempdon beat and no mention of who they lost to. To finish fourth in a seven team division you lost a lot. Clempson has gone from borderline making ACC tourney before playing Notre dame toa national seed. The funny thing is I agree it will happen because the sec isn't getting 5 national seeds while the ACC only gets 2. It's like the orange bowl football year when somebody from the ACC was going to get it no matter what. The year west Virginia won 70-34 or something like that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT