ADVERTISEMENT

If I were Bentley

Agreed. I think a fresh start somewhere else would do wonders for this young man. I think it is a mistake to have the father of a player on the same staff. There are several schools that could benefit from having an experienced player on their team. All he needs is some work with a fresh coaching staff and experienced offensive line. I do not believe the Clemson game was a fluke. The talent is there. Having teammates posting likes calling for a quarterback change creates a toxic locker room. He deserves better than that in my opinion.

Agreed. I think a fresh start somewhere else would do wonders for this young man. I think it is a mistake to have the father of a player on the same staff. There are several schools that could benefit from having an experienced player on their team. All he needs is some work with a fresh coaching staff and experienced offensive line. I do not believe the Clemson game was a fluke. The talent is there. Having teammates posting likes calling for a quarterback change creates a toxic locker room. He deserves better than that in my opinion.
Well said.

Reactions: criminaltracker1980
I have always been a Bentley fan, and think he could have really been special. I do agree 100%, that may very well be the best for him (to transfer), maybe he can get good QB coaching elsewhere and live up to his potential. I wish the very best for the young man, that chose South Carolina to represent. he truly seems like a Class Act...

I have always been a Bentley fan, and think he could have really been special. I do agree 100%, that may very well be the best for him (to transfer), maybe he can get good QB coaching elsewhere and live up to his potential. I wish the very best for the young man, that chose South Carolina to represent. he truly seems like a Class Act...
Very well said. Exactly how I feel. It wouldn't surprise me to see him end-up at Mizzou or somewhere like that as a grad transfer and come back to bite us in the a$$.

Reactions: cockofdawn
I seriously doubt Bentley would go somewhere else in the SEC to try exacting revenge on us. He broke his foot and we've got to move on at QB.

I seriously doubt Bentley would go somewhere else in the SEC to try exacting revenge on us. He broke his foot and we've got to move on at QB.
Not suggesting he'll try to get revenge but if he does transfer he needs to go somewhere where he'll play and I'm sure he'll want to be in the power 5. If that happens to be the SEC, so be it. Very well could be the ACC. Who knows.

Doubt seriously we’ll see him in a gamecock uniform again, and that’s sad.

Hopefully he can go somewhere that runs an offense more suitable to his skills instead of this rpo crap.

And before someone Connor Shaw read-options me, we didn’t exactly light it up offensively then either, and Shaw didn’t have to make sure he stayed ahead of his defense on the reg just to win games.

I have been a Bentley supporter since the beginning when he took the reins and beat UT but his inconsistency has been his biggest downfall. Everything isn't his fault but at the QB position you have to be mentally prepared to take the blame. I think his potential hasn't been met at SC and I doubt it will be. I think a culture change would be good for him, the fan base, and team. It just seems like no one is in the kids corner anymore and that takes a toll on you no matter how much "mental toughness" you have. Sad situation for a Good Kid.

I have been a Bentley supporter since the beginning when he took the reins and beat UT but his inconsistency has been his biggest downfall. Everything isn't his fault but at the QB position you have to be mentally prepared to take the blame. I think his potential hasn't been met at SC and I doubt it will be. I think a culture change would be good for him, the fan base, and team. It just seems like no one is in the kids corner anymore and that takes a toll on you no matter how much "mental toughness" you have. Sad situation for a Good Kid.
I think he gets too hyped up at times, needed a cooler calmer head IMO... That is where i think the coaching failed him. For instance the UVA debacle last year, he should have been benched to watch a couple series and calm down..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT