ADVERTISEMENT

J. Bell gone

TAV31

Sep 1, 2011
Unless we hire the right OC and offer a lot of money. I mean technically that's the new way now. Transfer portal is just like asking for a raise.

Unless we hire the right OC and offer a lot of money. I mean technically that's the new way now. Transfer portal is just like asking for a raise.
He's gone. It isn't about leverage. Glad he stuck with us for the last two games, but not sure why he did when he was carrying a grudge about being underutilized all season.

He's gone. It isn't about leverage. Glad he stuck with us for the last two games, but not sure why he did when he was carrying a grudge about being underutilized all season.

I was against the Beamer hire to begin with, and I know that perspective doesn't look good right now after the wins against UT and Clemson.

But I really feel the way Beamer succumbed to the pressure of Bell and his mom really shows the eventual locker room issues we're going to have under him.

How big of a loss is this? He seemed to be one of our go to playmakers. I guess this is going to be the new normal everywhere.

Coaches more often than not are here for the paycheck and resume which is nothing new. But what is going to take getting used to are players switching teams as easily as switching jobs. It will be interesting to see how things are next season. If it helps or hurts Gamecock football.

Last edited:
Some player will always carry a grudge, just ask Uncle Rico.

I was against the Beamer hire to begin with, and I know that perspective doesn't look good right now after the wins against UT and Clemson.

But I really feel the way Beamer succumbed to the pressure of Bell and his mom really shows the eventual locker room issues we're going to have under him.
What a joke of a post….back against Beamer since someone transferred for more NIL money. More me me me. You may as well copy your post cause you can use it over and over each time a player leaves. It’s happening to every team.

What a joke of a post….back against Beamer since someone transferred for more NIL money. More me me me. You may as well copy your post cause you can use it over and over each time a player leaves. It’s happening to every team.

Did you not even read my post? My issue is how Beamer succumbed to the tweets of Bell's family.

Did you not even read my post? My issue is how Beamer succumbed to the tweets of Bell's family.
Your post was a slap at Beamer….. I have a journalism degree from South Carolina, I totally have great reading comprehension. You accused him of succumbing to Bell‘s family tweets, and intimated he will have coaching issues in the locker room because of the way he’s handled things. Tell me what I missed and I will gladly apologize.

Reactions: JLeo
Your post was a slap at Beamer….. I have a journalism degree from South Carolina, I totally have great reading comprehension. You accused him of succumbing to Bell‘s family tweets, and intimated he will have coaching issues in the locker room because of the way he’s handled things. Tell me what I missed and I will gladly apologize.

If you understood my post, then why did you accuse me of blaming Beamer because a player transferred?

If you understood my post, then why did you accuse me of blaming Beamer because a player transferred?
“I was against the Beamer hire to begin with, and I know that perspective doesn't look good right now after the wins against UT and Clemson. But I really feel the way Beamer succumbed to the pressure of Bell and his mom really shows the eventual locker room issues we're going to have under him.”

Feel free to enlighten me on the compliment to Beamer in your second sentence (or first for that matter)? Seems more like a dig to me. Maybe some other posters can chime in and tell me what I am missing in my analogy.

Reactions: Cock-a-Doo and JLeo
“I was against the Beamer hire to begin with, and I know that perspective doesn't look good right now after the wins against UT and Clemson. But I really feel the way Beamer succumbed to the pressure of Bell and his mom really shows the eventual locker room issues we're going to have under him.”

Feel free to enlighten me on the compliment to Beamer in your second sentence (or first for that matter)? Seems more like a dig to me. Maybe some other posters can chime in and tell me what I am missing in my analogy.

Where did I say I complimented him? Are you just intentionally being disingenuous with your comments?

Where did I say I complimented him? Are you just intentionally being disingenuous with your comments?
You will never get it…. You’re playing semantics. You dogged Beamer in your post. Your post history backs up my assertion. It’s not hard stuff.

So tell us your point again? As usual, you used Bell leaving to throw out a dig at either our coach or team. That’s your shtick

Reactions: JLeo

I dont see his comment as a knock or compliment just more of an observation. Hes saying Beamers personality includes a side which entertains parents social media complaints. Dabos personality is loyalty to a fault, which hurt them this year. Saban, Spurrier, Meyer, all have personality quirks.

I think hes just saying the Bell situation showed us what one of Beamers is and its likely to come up again in the future with other players. But his tendency to be so personable could be a net gain bc lots of families and recruits love it.

Reactions: tngamecock#
No real surprise.

He was under utilized. I don't blame his family. I don't blame Coach Beamer.

I dont see his comment as a knock or compliment just more of an observation. Hes saying Beamers personality includes a side which entertains parents social media complaints. Dabos personality is loyalty to a fault, which hurt them this year. Saban, Spurrier, Meyer, all have personality quirks.

I think hes just saying the Bell situation showed us what one of Beamers is and its likely to come up again in the future with other players. But his tendency to be so personable could be a net gain bc lots of families and recruits love it.
Hey, fair enough. Just think acting like the Bell leaving was going to indicate Shane creating a “ locker room situation” by not utilizing him properly is out there….appears every coach is going to have the “not utilized enough player “ issue from now on.

Looking forward to the bowl game. At least the portal adds drama for every team.

Hey, fair enough. Just think acting like the Bell leaving was going to indicate Shane creating a “ locker room situation” by not utilizing him properly is out there….appears every coach is going to have the “not utilized enough player “ issue from now on.

Looking forward to the bowl game. At least the portal adds drama for every team.

Are you just intentionally trying to misrepresent my point?

The issue was Beamer caving to the pressure from Bell and his mom. Imagine being a backup RB and a TE starts to take your chance because his family is complaining on twitter?

Can't blame the kid. We don't know who our coordinator will be at the moment, and he can't wait but so long. It's whats in his best interest and he gave his all every game he played.

I heard Bell was pushing his USC related NIL merchandise a day before he announced he was leaving. It won't be worth much now.

No real surprise.

He was under utilized. I don't blame his family. I don't blame Coach Beamer.
I’m very happy with Coach Beamer as our coach but I don’t give him a free pass. He is the head coach. At any time he can over rule any assistant coach. This was inexperience showing.

He trusted Satterfield too much and only stepped in once the Bell situation turned ugly. Things did not seem to change until the family went to social media and the fans were calling for Satterfields firing. Had he acted sooner we likely would have won the Missouri game—one that Bell was barely seeing the field, much less getting touches.

Shane Beamer can be a good coach and screw up the Jaheim Bell situation. Both statements can be true.

Are you just intentionally trying to misrepresent my point?

The issue was Beamer caving to the pressure from Bell and his mom. Imagine being a backup RB and a TE starts to take your chance because his family is complaining on twitter?
“the way Beamer succumbed to the pressure of Bell and his mom really shows the eventual locker room issues we're going to have under him.”

A. You don’t know he succumbed to pressure to do anything. You do realize we have 4 good tight ends. Bell was the worst blocker of the 4. He said we need to get Bell more touches so he put him at RB. He said that also before Bell’s mom tweeted anything. I guess you forgot Bell was at RB during the Mayo Bowl. Was that due to pressure from the mom? Doubtful. People, like you, make up a narrative, run with it, get a few other sheep to go along, and before you know it some think it’s fact.

B. You concluded your opinion of him “succumbing“ shows he is going to be a coach with locker room issues based on his mishandling of Bell and his family.

Go ask Beamer if he coaches based on pressure from a parent? Feel free to retort but this is my last post on this one. Your post history over time knows the truth. You were not making an observation, you were making an accusation.

Reactions: DeeDave
“the way Beamer succumbed to the pressure of Bell and his mom really shows the eventual locker room issues we're going to have under him.”

A. You don’t know he succumbed to pressure to do anything. You do realize we have 4 good tight ends. Bell was the worst blocker of the 4. He said we need to get Bell more touches so he put him at RB. He said that also before Bell’s mom tweeted anything. I guess you forgot Bell was at RB during the Mayo Bowl. Was that due to pressure from the mom? Doubtful. People, like you, make up a narrative, run with it, get a few other sheep to go along, and before you know it some think it’s fact.

B. You concluded your opinion of him “succumbing“ shows he is going to be a coach with locker room issues based on his mishandling of Bell and his family.

Go ask Beamer if he coaches based on pressure from a parent? Feel free to retort but this is my last post on this one. Your post history over time knows the truth. You were not making an observation, you were making an accusation.

If he wins 8 games in a season, he could have an online poll for player parents every week to select the starting lineup for all I care.

Reactions: tngamecock#
I heard Bell was pushing his USC related NIL merchandise a day before he announced he was leaving. It won't be worth much now.
This is one of the problems with NIL. I’ve always heard that to play ball in college that you must be a good time manager. True in anything. So, supposedly you go to class and study as you supposedly pursue a degree, you lift weights and condition, you practice your sport, and nowadays they are on their social media sites a couple of hours or more a day (the polls of our youngsters show this). Maybe watch a little TV or players in the film room. ….. And now, you’ve got to make time to go out and promote your NIL merchandise?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT