ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe Tanner should come out speak on behalf Pitchibg coach.

rogue cockWell-Known Member
New

raycock2001Well-Known Member
New
uscbirds...question for you. The opener against UF, we lost 1-0. You state our pitching staff only gave up ONE run, yet got beat because our hitters couldn't get us any. You do realize that the UF staff was the top staff in the SEC don't you. Perhaps we didn't hit because of the top pitching that UF has also. You want to blame our hitters, but give credit to our pitchers, yet don't seem to think other teams pitching is pretty damn good also.

Raycock...Thanks for your fine response. NO...I certainly wasn't trying to say that the Gators don't have excellent pitching. They are right there with Carolina, just behind Ole Miss in staff efficiency. I was simply saying...We did not score! Florida scored 3 runs total...Thursday and Friday combined. They scored 6 runs in 24 innings. That's an F***ing success in anybody's book...except Batgirl and her ilk. She is basically talking about one inning over a weekend and wants to blame the coach over ONE inning. I realize that we blew some other saves earlier in the year (when Johnson was out), because the rest of our pitchers are not closers.
Not sure the issue is the 3 w/e starters or Johnson....other than perhaps the number of pitches we sometimes make them go. They are very reliable. It's the remainder of the bullpen that is less so.

We also don't use all the arms that are available to us. If you look at our roster and the pitchers we use, there is a pretty significant difference. If you incorporate situational pitching, you could expect to use a lot more of those arms....not for an extended period, but for an out or two. Using that philosophy may help those other than our starters and closer become more reliable and may cut down on the number of pitches our starters and closer are expected to throw. Just think if Johnson was available in Game Three against UF because he didn't have to throw so many pitches closing out Game Two....we may have had the sweep. That is the issue.

Rogue...I'm sure Meyers knows all about the pitchers on his staff, and knows which ones can be counted on, when it comes to the weekend rotation. I would invite you to watch other SEC programs on the weekends, because they use the same pitchers too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT