ADVERTISEMENT

Muschamp has his OC.

GamecockJL

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2015
At least I think. He has a press conference set up tomorrow. Guessing he’s gonna name the OC.

10:30

Last edited:
I was watching Paul Finebaum today and PF said the OC at LSU contract was extended today to pay the OC $2.5 million a year. Can you believe that, $2.5 million a year. My point in all of this is, if we want a first class OC we had better be prepared to pay some big bucks to get one.

Last edited:
Looks like Muschamp will be naming Brian McClendon next offensive coord.

.........Wish him the best

Looks like Muschamp will be naming Brian McClendon next offensive coord.

.........Wish him the best
Really is kinda smart on his part. Will allow him to milk this job for a couple more years at least. Gives him a pass as McClendon install this new offense for a couple years. Then let's him fire McClendon and finally hire a person who knows what they are doing.

Really is kinda smart on his part. Will allow him to milk this job for a couple more years at least. Gives him a pass as McClendon install this new offense for a couple years. Then let's him fire McClendon and finally hire a person who knows what they are doing.

Muschamp wont be around to fire anyone if McClendon fails

Reactions: Cockish and sadd66

Dabo goes outside and hires Chad Morris...SC hires a guy who has never been a OC

Reactions: CQCKnFIRE
I hope he succeeds wildly beyond anyone’s expectations but I would rather he cut his teeth elsewhere maybe non power 5 as oc and then come back. I just know there are multiple experienced guys out there.

Dabo goes outside and hires Chad Morris...SC hires a guy who has never been a OC

The vast majority of this board laughed when Clemson hired Morris because he was a season removed from high school football. Just because it worked out for them doesn't mean that our potential hire of someone with no OC experience is a deal breaker.

I hope he succeeds wildly beyond anyone’s expectations but I would rather he cut his teeth elsewhere maybe non power 5 as oc and then come back. I just know there are multiple experienced guys out there.

What experienced candidates or knocking down the doors to attach their horse to this cart? And I refuse to buy the argument that we can afford anybody. Look at what LSU and TAMU are willing to pay coordinators. Our board would walk out of the room with a proposal like that.

So the 23 points a game under Roper was just damn good... just not pretty damn good

SC's going to give the job to a guy with no OC experience that his team scored 23 pts in last 17 mins of one bowl game
Against a defense that's statistically better than Clemson. Michigan defense was very for real, exactly as advertised. They weren't a paper tiger, there's 2 or 3 first rounders on that side of the ball and I bet two of their d-lineman get drafted in the first 2 rounds. One is going early in the first round for sure.

Against a defense that's statistically better than Clemson. Michigan defense was very for real, exactly as advertised. They weren't a paper tiger, there's 2 or 3 first rounders on that side of the ball and I bet two of their d-lineman get drafted in the first 2 rounds. One is going early in the first round for sure.

well you got your guy, BMAC is OC......I wish him the best

What experienced candidates or knocking down the doors to attach their horse to this cart? And I refuse to buy the argument that we can afford anybody. Look at what LSU and TAMU are willing to pay coordinators. Our board would walk out of the room with a proposal like that.

If our board does that in such a circumstance then we will never win.

Hmmm... I could go either way on this one . Didn’t show much in the bowl game but Michigan is an elite defense and even with the turnovers , putting 26 on them is not bad . I did see a lot of Roper 2.0 Monday also . However with a below avg offensive line and a very erratic QB you would need Merlin or Gandalf to conjure up a decent offense . If he is such a dynamic recruiter then I’m all for him getting this job . However , for all the “Dynamic” recruiters we have on staff we sure as hell missed out on some “Dynamic” recruits in our backyard . If he can recruit elite players he will probably be an excellent OC . If he doesn’t ....... Muschamp could be Lane Kiffin DC in a few years . A lot of pressure on this hire . Glad it’s not my call . Hiring Ward when we had our choice of any DC in the country destroyed Spurrier’s program and legacy . Not saying McClendon can’t be a great OC but the Whammy thing has me Leary .

Hmmm... I could go either way on this one . Didn’t show much in the bowl game but Michigan is an elite defense and even with the turnovers , putting 26 on them is not bad . I did see a lot of Roper 2.0 Monday also . However with a below avg offensive line and a very erratic QB you would need Merlin or Gandalf to conjure up a decent offense . If he is such a dynamic recruiter then I’m all for him getting this job . However , for all the “Dynamic” recruiters we have on staff we sure as hell missed out on some “Dynamic” recruits in our backyard . If he can recruit elite players he will probably be an excellent OC . If he doesn’t ....... Muschamp could be Lane Kiffin DC in a few years . A lot of pressure on this hire . Glad it’s not my call . Hiring Ward when we had our choice of any DC in the country destroyed Spurrier’s program and legacy . Not saying McClendon can’t be a great OC but the Whammy thing has me Leary .

well, he's the OC pick

So the 23 points a game under Roper was just damn good... just not pretty damn good

SC's going to give the job to a guy with no OC experience that his team scored 23 pts in last 17 mins of one bowl game
23 pts was apparently the zenith for Roper.

Is the upside for Bmac higher? I have no idea. I am glad I do not have to make that decision.

I'm really not pro or con, just have to trust your head coach to make the right decision IMO, I mean he did fire Roper like everyone requested! Seems I remember UM being close to top 5 preseason! One hell of a D that only gave up more points 4 times this season and remember it's the first time BM has run practice, game planned, run pregame and called plays, what could he do with a little more time like a spring practice and a preseason?

Reactions: sadd66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT