ADVERTISEMENT

Muschamp has his OC.

If Bmac gets it done Champ will come out smelling like Roses . If he flops he will get crushed for hiring a guy with zero exp given his track record of ineptitude on offense . It’s a gutsy hire . If he hires him simply because he doesn’t want him to leave then that’s a weak move . This hire will make or break Muschamp . Did he do a fantastic job going 9-4 this year ?? Absolutely . But we all know that 5 or 6 years ago when the east was strong , this current squad would have been lucky to win 3 games . Kirby is setting UGA up to be the Bama of the east , UF will be a powerhouse again very soon and UT ... well they are a train wreck . We can’t beat Kentucky , Missou is a DC away from being terrifying. He can’t screw the pooch on this one

Why don’t we wait and see what Muschamp has to say tomorrow making too many assumptions. He may surprise you

Hope he shows up with a duffle bag and pulls a hat out of the bag with the name on it. The kids think it’s cute.

Got to trust Muschamp. Am sure he put more thought into this than any other hire he has made. His future as a head coach at a Power 5 level probably depends on it. Kirby has it going at UGA. Mullen will get UF back amongst the elite. No matter how much we take UK for granted every year, we can’t seem to beat them. Glad we played Mizzou at the first of the year. Pruitt will get UT going again. Good coach and knows the Bama way just like Kirby. So Muschamp better get it right. Everybody else seems to be improving and USC has to keep pace.

Reactions: sadd66
Got to trust Muschamp. Am sure he put more thought into this than any other hire he has made. His future as a head coach at a Power 5 level probably depends on it. Kirby has it going at UGA. Mullen will get UF back amongst the elite. No matter how much we take UK for granted every year, we can’t seem to beat them. Glad we played Mizzou at the first of the year. Pruitt will get UT going again. Good coach and knows the Bama way just like Kirby. So Muschamp better get it right. Everybody else seems to be improving and USC has to keep pace.

His track record is not good. Have to hope for the best.

I was watching Paul Finebaum today and PF said the OC at LSU contract was extended today to pay the OC $2.5 million a year. Can you believe that, $2.5 million a year. My point in all of this is, if we want a first class OC we had better be prepared to pay some big bucks to get one.

Freddie, we dont have their kind of money

You guys still doubt what Muschamp is doing after the mess he was left, I give up!
trust him? Why? Every oc he has had has been terrible

Hey...Rod? Since you keep up with the uniform combinations for games, have a poll on the OC choice...I’m against this choice. BMac has zero experience!

tenor.gif

Listen this is a good hire, Bmac was shaky at best with the calls in the first half but dont think turnovers got us all of those points. We had some really good drives against the #3 ranked defense in the country when Bmac figured it out

3rd Quarter
8 Play 87 yard drive-TD
1 Play 21 yard TD

4th Quarter
6 play 81 yard drive-TD
7 Play 46 yard drive- FG- Ran 4 minutes off the clock

If its BMAC I'm giving him the support he deserves, lets see what he can do with a whole spring and summer under his belt.

BMac.
Players say it is him.. not that they "WANT" him but direct quotes when asked in private "who is the new OC" the answer is BMAC.

Seems pretty clear cut...

Reactions: sadd66
88 yards in a half...is playing well?

Nope.

However to only pay attention to one half is ignorant. That was the FIRST HALF against one of the best defenses in the nation... Typically when playing a stout D, you expect to get more in the second half as you wear them down and figure them out a bit, and clearly some adjustments made by the OC paid off with 23 unanswered points to win the game. Yards don't mean shit, WINS DO.

Additionally, Bentley played pretty awful in the first half... one of the quotes in an article on this site said a player (forget who) came up to him and said something along the lines of "where is the QB who leads us in practice, where is your confidence..." and it kind of snapped Jake out of his funk. He played like an All American the last 20 minutes of the game. If he plays that way the whole game, we win by three or four TDs! There were some decent plays called in the first half that were poorly executed... there were also some really awful play calls in the game, just saying...

ell-Known Member
New

Nope.

However to only pay attention to one half is ignorant. That was the FIRST HALF against one of the best defenses in the nation... Typically when playing a stout D, you expect to get more in the second half as you wear them down and figure them out a bit, and clearly some adjustments made by the OC paid off with 23 unanswered points to win the game. Yards don't mean shit, WINS DO.

Additionally, Bentley played pretty awful in the first half... one of the quotes in an article on this site said a player (forget who) came up to him and said something along the lines of "where is the QB who leads us in practice, where is your confidence..." and it kind of snapped Jake out of his funk. He played like an All American the last 20 minutes of the game. If he plays that way the whole game, we win by three or four TDs! There were some decent plays called in the first half that were poorly executed... there were also some really awful play calls in the game, just saying...

66 1 minute ago

That’s no different than Roper...It’s also ignorant to ignore, that Michigan turned the ball over 5 times in the 2nd half. I didn’t see any difference in our offense from the previous 12 games. I fear this is going to fail!

ell-Known Member
New

Nope.

66 1 minute ago

That’s no different than Roper...It’s also ignorant to ignore, that Michigan turned the ball over 5 times in the 2nd half. I didn’t see any difference in our offense from the previous 12 games. I fear this is going to fail!

Bmac was part of the offensive problem all year. That can’t be ignored either.

Reactions: Brace1
I bet the list of candidates interviewed were less than. Than. Than. When we hired Muschamp. When will we learn???????

Really is kinda smart on his part. Will allow him to milk this job for a couple more years at least. Gives him a pass as McClendon install this new offense for a couple years. Then let's him fire McClendon and finally hire a person who knows what they are doing.

Isn't that called 'kicking the can down the street'?

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
BMac will stop being the recruiter he has been when he has OC duties to contend with. The likely outcome will be we lose our best recruiter and have a OC learning on the job. Most likely a disaster.

Well, we will certainly know if BMAC was a good hire as OC by game 3 next season. My measuring stick consists of beating UK, no stupid run plays up the middle, no passing plays in short yardage situations on 3rd & 4th down, and getting our total offensive statistic in the top 50.

ell-Known Member
New

Nope.

66 1 minute ago

To use the word ignorant again- saying it was the same as Roper is pretty ignorant! The play calls, tempo, and alignments were quite different from Roper’s edp. We scored more total points than most teams vs Michigan, hand more passing yards than most and won the game, so the offense was effective to a degree.

That said, I am not some Bmac super fan... I do not know any more than any one else about how well he will do as OC. Hell, the players and everyone around the team may be wrong, maybe muschamp is stealing the OC from the New England Patriots! My point was that stats can say anything you want them to if you isolate them down enough- want to be negative about our offense from that game? Point to “88 yards in the first half” or “5 turnovers”... want to view the whole picture, compare our GAME stats to what Michigan has allowed to other teams this season... turnovers or not, we scored when we had to, we moved the ball and clealry made some fantastic adjustments in the second half. You cannot judge an OC by stuff he cannot control like turnovers caused by our D. We will know soon enough who got the job. I just want us to be successful regardless.

Reactions: 92Pony
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT