ADVERTISEMENT

Neal Young 0-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I chose the most recent data for obvious reasons. And yes, boosted are the smallest percentage, just as they are the smallest percentage of the population in SC.

I'm not denying that vaccines do help some, but their effectiveness is being oversold now just as they were in the beginning when they were supposed to completely stop the virus and give us herd immunity. That's why, deaths in the US are at just about the same level they were last January before widespread vaccinations, despite omicron being less severe than the other variant. You can't blame that on the unvaccinated with 80% of the country has gotten the vaccine.

But, back to the point. There was ZERO reason to fire nurse that already had covid and had natural immunity because they wouldn't get the vaccine. They actually offered MORE protect to patients than vaccinated nurses.
We must be arguing different things. The makeup hospitals is a debate that has been settled long ago. That does not mean I support any other covid related position.

So regardless of the breakdown 138 people are in the hospital. Ideally it would be great if that number was 0 but it will never be zero.
138 sick people of which 21 are in icu is no reason to feeak out like people do.
Life your life.

Yes, and 8 of those had been vaccinated, while 13 were unvaccinated.

What people aren't considering is that we have no idea how many of those 13 would have still ended up there, even if they had the vaccine. Most of the folks that end up in ICU have many other issues, so I suspect more than a few of them would have been there anyway.

From the looks of it, Neil Young's music is burning up the ITunes charts this weekend.

This worked out well.

I also saw where a Tennessee School Board banned a book about the Holocaust for 8th graders.

The book is currently, as of today, #2 on the Amazon Best Seller list.

Yes, and 8 of those had been vaccinated, while 13 were unvaccinated.

What people aren't considering is that we have no idea how many of those 13 would have still ended up there, even if they had the vaccine. Most of the folks that end up in ICU have many other issues, so I suspect more than a few of them would have been there anyway.
Hospital numbers have been skewed so bad for the last two years they mean nothing. They just check the box that pays the most money and it probably started long before covid. That just shined a light on it as it did many other things. America is corrupt across the top. Very sad but unfortunately true.

Reactions: Captain Weegie
Look, if you worry about every little thing out there that CAN kill you your life’s over anyway. Argue with that!

Well, that's true but that doesn't mean I drive 90mph, or walk in to my elderly neighbor's house coughing and hacking telling her "you can't worry about everything"

I think being reasonable has worked ok.

Hospital numbers have been skewed so bad for the last two years they mean nothing.

They have been skewed (from normal - pre COVID days)

They were skewed at first because large numbers of people infected with COVID were filling them up.

Now they are skewed because large numbers of people with COVID are still making it hard on them - most unvaccinated (not all).

• Haha
Reactions: Cybercock

They were skewed at first because large numbers of people infected with COVID were filling them up.

Now they are skewed because large numbers of people with COVID are still making it hard on them - most unvaccinated (not all).

They are skewed because of $$$$

Clay Travis

Clay is a great example. His shtick for so long was that ESPN was getting too political and needed to stick to sports - then he realized if he just started pandering to the other side as ESPN he’d get filthy rich. And it worked. Him typing “Let’s Go Brandon” once is worth a hundred times more cash to him than talking SEC football for a year. Now he’s all politics.

There’s actually a very easy transition from sports to politics as politics has leaned more in that direction. Now people are fans of a political position, and defend them like they would the Gamecocks. And there’s no difference now between what Stephen A Smith does and what Tucker Carlson does. It’s why guys like Olberman and Travis made the transition so easily.

Reactions: MookieBlaylock9
From the looks of it, Neil Young's music is burning up the ITunes charts this weekend.

This worked out well.

I also saw where a Tennessee School Board banned a book about the Holocaust for 8th graders.

The book is currently, as of today, #2 on the Amazon Best Seller list.

Yeah, read where it's a pulitzer winning book, or the author is. What I read of the situation was it was more of a decision about it being too adult for middle schoolers.

But agree on the basic premise. Neil Young I being talked about, and some people are listening to his music. Things that weren't happening a week ago.

IMO, at this point it's far more logical to trust transparent governments than what is going on this country.

Just look at the craziness going on in our highest courts. Trying to suppress data for 50 years on an experimental product that was rushed to market?

In sharp contrast, below is one of the highest vaccinated countries in the world.

UK:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1049160/Vaccine-surveillance-report-week-3-2022.pdf

Scotland, Demark, etc. all are reporting similar findings. Israel's data looks worse and they've boosted 4x.

We can't afford put our head in the sand anymore.

Clay is a great example. His shtick for so long was that ESPN was getting too political and needed to stick to sports - then he realized if he just started pandering to the other side as ESPN he’d get filthy rich. And it worked. Him typing “Let’s Go Brandon” once is worth a hundred times more cash to him than talking SEC football for a year. Now he’s all politics.

There’s actually a very easy transition from sports to politics as politics has leaned more in that direction. Now people are fans of a political position, and defend them like they would the Gamecocks. And there’s no difference now between what Stephen A Smith does and what Tucker Carlson does. It’s why guys like Olberman and Travis made the transition so easily.
Ridiculous. You can't dominate ALL of mainstream news at the level Rogan is without a balanced discussion.

Maybe the "conspiracy theorists" are now those who still believe Fauci's plan is working.

Hospitals are designed to be 80% full all the time. We all know that. Without continuous high occupancy they’ll shut it down because it’s not profitable
In the years prior to covid, i cant count the number of times my mother in law had to be rushed to the hospital. Multiple times a year. Year after year. Every single time except maybe one, she had to wait a considerable amount of time for a bed. Sometimes days for an actual room. Yeah if anyone is shocked at near capacity hospitals, they havent a clue how they have been running.

Ridiculous. You can't dominate ALL of mainstream news at the level Rogan is without a balanced discussion.

Maybe the "conspiracy theorists" are now those who still believe Fauci's plan is working.

He’s not mainstream news, or news at all. The Walking Dead used to dominate mainstream news as well. But no one was asking Rick’s advice on Covid.

Reactions: Dizzy01
He’s not mainstream news, or news at all. The Walking Dead used to dominate mainstream news as well. But no one was asking Rick’s advice on Covid.
You're living in 1990. Mainstream news is completely compromised now and it's very obvious. When's the last time you saw a story on a vaccine injury for balance? There's plenty out there.

They will go for weeks on end about ONE individual being mistreated by police, yet not speak a word about young people with little to no chance of having any problems with COVID getting injured or killed within days after vaccination? Comeon.

You're living in 1990. Mainstream news is completely compromised now and it's very obvious. When's the last time you saw a story on a vaccine injury for balance? There's plenty out there.

They will go for weeks on end about ONE individual being mistreated by police, yet not speak a word about young people with little to no chance of having any problems with COVID getting injured or killed within days after vaccination? Comeon.
Vaccine injury? Are you serious? Why would news spend time on something so rare? That's not what balanced means. Unbelievable.

Numbers are skewed because of money, politics (one in the same) Just like everything else. Common sense and personal experience is all you can trust anymore.

When you have top MDs in Infectious Disease at Stanford, Harvard, UPENN, MIT, Johns Hopkins, UCLA, Oxford and many others stating their concerns on a daily basis now - that should get everybody's attention.

It's actually not that rare and that's why you are seeing MDs continue to break rank. The reason why you believe it's rare is because they are not reporting it.
Where is this evidence then? Blood clots have been the only issues last time I checked and that was related to preexisting conditions. What doctors?

Look, Joe Rogan has a very successful podcast. What more do you want? Let him be your most trusted news source - it’s not any worse than any other opinion show. It’s opinion-driven infotainment that should be taken with a grain of salt - because the bottom line for all these opinion-driven infortainment shows is their bottom lines. They aren’t here to help you, or the world, (or to be a bright-shining bastion for knowledge) they’re here to pander to those that will make them the most money.

Reactions: Dizzy01
Where is this evidence then? Blood clots have been the only issues last time I checked and that was related to preexisting conditions. What doctors?
Below direct information from the CDC adverse website. According to the Harvard Pilgrim Study, these numbers represent anywhere from 1 to 10% of all cases. (study attached) There's also all of the lawsuits pending, including one with CMS Database of Medicare/Medicaid patients who passed within days of vaccination. (close to 50K) There's are hearings being held throughout the country with people who have been injured which is not being reported on.

I honestly didn't want to discuss this subject other than to highlight that mainstream media is not reporting on any of this whatsoever.

https://openvaers.com/

Look, Joe Rogan has a very successful podcast. What more do you want? Let him be your most trusted news source - it’s not any worse than any other opinion show. It’s opinion-driven infotainment that should be taken with a grain of salt - because the bottom line for all these opinion-driven infortainment shows is their bottom lines. They aren’t here to help you, or the world, (or to be a bright-shining bastion for knowledge) they’re here to pander to those that will make them the most money.
Where do you get your information?

Reactions: PaleoCock
A few points:

1. I like Neil Young’s music for the most part, but he’s always been left of left, which is his right. I happen to disagree with a lot of his beliefs.

2. Joe Rogan has a conservative platform, and his beliefs are fairly far right. I’m more aligned with him politically, but don’t agree with all he stands for either.

3. As a young child I received the polio vaccine on a sugar cube. As a result of the polio vaccine, that horrible disease has been eradicated.

4. I know people that have had two shots and the booster. Just this past week, one of those people was out sick from our office WITH SEVERE SYMPTOMS after testing positive for COVID. Fully ‘vaccinated’, boosted, and sick as shit.

5. My belief is that vaccines are to eradicate diseases, that the vaccine was created for. I’ve had both shots and the booster on 12/22/21, yet I’m still susceptible to COVID. THAT is a therapeutic regimen of shots, NOT an end all protection VACCINE. These COVID ‘vaccines’ are similar to flu shots. They probably do lessen your symptoms if you contract COVID, but they certainly don’t eliminate the vaccinated from getting COVID. This is a FACT.

Fauci, and certainly Biden, have been wrong at almost every turn. We were told the following: The vaccine will eradicate COVID (Joe Biden); masks don’t work/wear a mask (Fauci), mask mandates (“there will be no mandates” Joe Biden), and other bullshit from Washington. I’m NOT going to accept one more COVID ‘vaccine’. What I will do is continue to exercise daily, stay at an acceptable weight for my height and age, eat right, and be vigilant in those situations where I might be exposed to the COVID VIRUS.

After over two years, I’ve heard enough from these talking heads like Fauci, and other Washington bureaucrats, that tells me they have no answers as to how to stop COVID any more than they’ve stopped strains of the flu over the years.

I wish these MDs were spending more time in hospitals with their "cures" and less on podcasts, cable news, and talk shows - if they really are serious about their concoctions.

My sister is a nurse at a hospital. Their doctors and nursing staff are BEYOND exhausted with many working upwards of 20-30 days with not 1 day off struggling to treat patients in their emergency rooms and those in intensive care. They could sure use the assistance of doctors that have a lot of time to go on podcasts and cable news talk shows.

People are filling up their waiting rooms, many taking and relying on their own home made cures and are making it to the hospital very, very sick.

My sister, today, is on her 18th straight workday with no day off today. I texted her this morning. She texted back about 30 mins later with "have to talk later, can't now. Might get a day next weekend - maybe. Talk later"

Talk later doesn't mean today. It usually means I might get to talk to her next week sometime.
She is working these hours b/c the money is too good to turn down at the moment. Hospitals are not requiring her to work that many straight. They are just offering bonuses on top of regular overtime.

A few points:

1. I like Neil Young’s music for the most part, but he’s always been left of left, which is his right. I happen to disagree with a lot of his beliefs.

2. Joe Rogan has a conservative platform, and his beliefs are fairly far right. I’m more aligned with him politically, but don’t agree with all he stands for either.

3. As a young child I received the polio vaccine on a sugar cube. As a result of the polio vaccine, that horrible disease has been eradicated.

4. I know people that have had two shots and the booster. Just this past week, one of those people was out sick from our office WITH SEVERE SYMPTOMS after testing positive for COVID. Fully ‘vaccinated’, boosted, and sick as shit.

5. My belief is that vaccines are to eradicate diseases, that the vaccine was created for. I’ve had both shots and the booster on 12/22/21, yet I’m still susceptible to COVID. THAT is a therapeutic regimen of shots, NOT an end all protection VACCINE. These COVID ‘vaccines’ are similar to flu shots. They probably do lessen your symptoms if you contract COVID, but they certainly don’t eliminate the vaccinated from getting COVID. This is a FACT.

Fauci, and certainly Biden, have been wrong at almost every turn. We were told the following: The vaccine will eradicate COVID (Joe Biden); masks don’t work/wear a mask (Fauci), mask mandates (“there will be no mandates” Joe Biden), and other bullshit from Washington. I’m NOT going to accept one more COVID ‘vaccine’. What I will do is continue to exercise daily, stay at an acceptable weight for my height and age, eat right, and be vigilant in those situations where I might be exposed to the COVID VIRUS.

After over two years, I’ve heard enough from these talking heads like Fauci, and other Washington bureaucrats, that tells me they have no answers as to how to stop COVID any more than they’ve stopped strains of the flu over the years.
Good post. The only thing a would add is that Rogan is not right-winged at all. Centrist at best. He openly stated he was for Bernie Saunders in the last election (had him on the show) but didn't want to vote for Biden mainly b/c of his mental situation.

Rogan’s guests do almost all of the talking. Trashing Rogan is like trashing Larry King. Great interviewers get the other person to talk. I highly recommend Rogan’s interviews with Edward Snowden. He talks about our current surveillance state being built by Bush and Pelosi working together. It’s tough to call that right or left wing.

Good post. The only thing a would add is that Rogan is not right-winged at all. Centrist at best. He openly stated he was for Bernie Saunders in the last election (had him on the show) but didn't want to vote for Biden mainly b/c of his mental situation.
My bad, Rogan likes to smoke weed too. I have no problem with that when practiced in some semblance of moderation. 😎😎

Neil Young cannot sing. His time has passed. Same for Willie Nelson. He don’t even sing - he talks the words because his breath is short (too much smoking). Stevie Nix has lost it, too. Bob Dylan never could carry a time but he sure can write a song. Mick Jagger can’t sing but he can put on a show. I guess you don’t have to be able to sing well to make it big as a singer.

I think the Babylon bee summed this up well with an article about the sudden spike in Google searches of "who is Neil young".

I guess it's a matter of age, as someone stated above. Those few left who know who he is are dwindling quickly.
It's funny because I had to do a google search to find out who Joe Rogan is. I still don't see what Joe Rogan has ever done to be an expert on anything.

It's funny because I had to do a google search to find out who Joe Rogan is. I still don't see what Joe Rogan has ever done to be an expert on anything.
He's not the expert, Funk. He's the host. Check out the guests he's had on just in the past year and compare it to any other news outlet. It's not even close. Hence, the astronomical ratings.

I like Young and Skynyrd about the same - I really like some of their stuff, but can do without most of their stuff. That said, Young is more of an icon and Skynyrd is more of a regional flavor.

As for Rogan, I care about his political opinion the exact same as Young's - I don't care about either. Who would? Why anyone would put any credence into the thoughts of a rock star and an MMA announcer is beyond me.
This sums it up perfectly. I'd like to add that Rogan was supposed to be a comedian before he did anything. I'm not even sure how he became an MMA announcer. Why would a never been a fighter have any valid input on MMA fighting?

He's not the expert, Funk. He's the host. Check out the guests he's had on just in the past year and compare it to any other news outlet. It's not even close. Hence, the astronomical ratings.
I don't do podcasts. If I did it wouldn't be Joe Rogan.

This sums it up perfectly. I'd like to add that Rogan was supposed to be a comedian before he did anything. I'm not even sure how he became an MMA announcer. Why would a never been a fighter have any valid input on MMA fighting?
UFC founder and CEO Dana White states that he is the most knowledge person in MMA. But that's probably nothing.

Last edited:
Well that explains your posts. The most critical have never viewed.
I just don't get it. He's an ex-comedian. I don't even get how he ever ended up doing MMA. Seems to me you would want people with fighting experience doing that type of thing.

I just don't get it. He's an ex-comedian. I don't even get how he ever ended up doing MMA. Seems to me you would want people with fighting experience doing that type of thing.
He's got a photographic memory and is very well read. This is why individuals at the top of their profession starting coming on long before COVID and the ratings explosion. And he's not hyper-political and aims for the center. Makes for a great host.

Neil Young cannot sing. His time has passed. Same for Willie Nelson. He don’t even sing - he talks the words because his breath is short (too much smoking). Stevie Nix has lost it, too. Bob Dylan never could carry a time but he sure can write a song. Mick Jagger can’t sing but he can put on a show. I guess you don’t have to be able to sing well to make it big as a singer.
Kind of like David Lee Roth. He's an okay singer, but not great....but was a really good frontman.

What you are describing is mainstream media in it's current state. This isn't 1980 or even 2010. Blackrock now owns a majority interest in AP, Reuters, CNN, FOX, NPR and others. They also have a similar interest in all of the Pharma companies providing the vaccines as well as military defense contracts. You are no longer listening to independent reporting. If you need me to point you to their financial holdings which is a matter of public record, I can do so. This is why all of the decent journalists are now on SubStack and others.
I had not heard of Substack before your post. Just did a DuckDuckGo on it.

So many bad takes here. Mick Jagger can’t sing?!? Listen to Worried About You (all the way) and Moonlight Mile. There’s no doubting his ability - it just may be that they didn’t need his vocal range for most of the songs he wrote with Keef.

Nicks may have lost it (what is she 80?), but she definitely had it for decades. Willie can sing as well, great timber in his voice.

Now I’ll agree with Young and Dylan - not great singers. But they have their moments and their songs make up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT