ADVERTISEMENT

NFL ratings way down

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rules say "should" stand at attention, not "must" or "are required." Any first year law student could win that one in court. Words have meaning....use the ones to convey what you really want or mean.

Look I will help you out here. My understanding was all you said was NFL has no rules, but they do in their Game Operation Manual. Maybe you meant differently or I misunderstood. Im not here for a tit for tat.

Your correct the wording has "should" and "may" with regards to punishments. The NFL has choose to use them as why there has not been punishments. That is the chose they have made (which I think is the wrong chose but mainly because NFL is business this has/will hurt there business.)

Also the BIG difference in NFL to NBA is the NBA has it in there player agreement that they will stand for the anthem....see Chris Jackson/Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jpcooper
Yassah, Massah Cocky4. We just got to learn our place. Just like in dem ol days. We's a gotta pass that on to the chilluns, too. We shan't be scared o' the po-lice. They jus there to help us out. Ain't dat right? Nevamind dem killin's. Dose was all people dat done wrong and shulda been kilt. Longas youse done nuttin wrong, jus let yoself be arrested. It'll all come out right in da court.

You should walk a mile in the shoes of a black person in America before you post stuff like that. You really don't have any idea.

And no, it's not about saving lives. It's about equal protection under the law - the 14th Amendment.

Population of the US: 323,100,000

Number of black people killed by police: 233

Sorry. The police are not out hunting black people. It's a lie.

Yup. The president of the U.S. called the mothers of men who are protesting what they see as injustice in this country "bitches," but there are some Nazis and other white supremacists who are "very fine people." You want to dick around with your cell phone, tell your friend a joke or go get a beer during the anthem, no problem. It's been happening for decades. Nobody seemed to give a damn. You want to be one of "those people," a mouthy black person who is trying to stand up for something else they believe in, then your mother is a bitch, and you are her son. Good stuff.
OX4Vj.gif

Look I will help you out here. My understanding was all you said was NFL has no rules, but they do in their Game Operation Manual. Maybe you meant differently or I misunderstood. Im not here for a tit for tat.

Your correct the wording has "should" and "may" with regards to punishments. The NFL has choose to use them as why there has not been punishments. That is the chose they have made (which I think is the wrong chose but mainly because NFL is business this has/will hurt there business.)

Also the BIG difference in NFL to NBA is the NBA has it in there player agreement that they will stand for the anthem....see Chris Jackson/Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf.
No. The rule says players SHOULD stand, hold their helmets at their side and refrain from talking during the National Anthem. This essentially is a guideline, not a rule. That has nothing to do with punishment. With that wording, the NFL would be hard pressed to enforce any punishment against a player for not standing.

Last edited:

Your (sic) correct the wording has "should" and "may" with regards to punishments. The NFL has choose (sic) to use them as why there has (sic) not been punishments. That is the chose (sic) they have made (which I think is the wrong chose but mainly because NFL is business this has/will hurt there (sic) business.)

Also the BIG difference in NFL to NBA is the NBA has it in there (sic) player agreement that they will stand for the anthem....see Chris Jackson/Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf.
typo, autocorrect or lack of learning?

It's funny that you assume I only listen to MSM and Twitter. That's typical put-down, message board rhetoric. I am perfectly capable of finding statistics on the government's own website and that's where I get these figures.
You're correct in your assessment that unwarranted shootings are not the most concerning issue for minorities in America. I don't think I said that was the most important issue. The police killing unarmed black men is what gets the headlines, though, and it's the tip of the iceberg if people wanted to start delving in.

Like I said earlier, though, the issue would have gone away if it weren't for a POTUS that feels like he has to shame and bully people in speeches and online. The part in bold expresses how I truly feel about the issue. If POTUS would focus on the guys who stood with one hand over their heart and one hand on their buddy who was kneeling, it could bring people together rather than further the divide. But people who shame and bully rarely are about unity. Rather, they only want more for themselves.

That was a poorly worded statement regarding the MSM and Twitter. My intention wasn't to insinuate or assume anything. I was trying to covey that this is all they feed to the country. That "you" included myself as well. Like you stated it's what they put in the headlines because that drives clicks.

And sadly those that are fighting the big fight are overlooked because a feel good story of a neighborhood owning and attempting to solve their problems doesn't bring in ad revenue.

But the question remains if a person is shot by the police what led to that? If a group is responsible for a greater portion of crime than their corresponding portion of the population, it's not hard to see how this leads to more interaction with the police. I don't buy the narrative that cops are consciously targeting one particular group over another. And I've not seen any data to support this narrative either.

I have no issue with theses demonstrations. I think they are misguided in their underlying premise, displays a victim mentality and fails to address personal responsibility but hey knock yourself out. I think this country has been pretty good to Kap so when he makes generalizations about the country and what a bad place it is it rubs people the wrong way. But again that's his prerogative. I also have no issue with a private business owner firing someone over it.

Given his background he missed an opportunity to address one of the biggest issues, in my opinion, in the black community, the rate of single motherhood. Instead he chose to focus on a small issue (in the grand scheme of things). Would like to see more people with Kap's and Lebron's celebrity addressing these issues.

As you said the deck is stacked but some of the folks complaining about it helped stack it but give the impression that they had no hand in it. Per your earlier post 120 black people have been shot by the police (164 per the Wapo database). A small ( and unacceptable) portion are unjustified. But during the same time 500 have been killed in Chicago alone, almost all unjustified and committed by people of the same race as their victim. If statistics hold there will be less than 1000 people killed by police this year while there will be 16000 people killed by other people.

Maybe we are focused on the wrong thing.

Lastly our current president is a moron. And that should be apparent to most people, even those that voted for him.

Where have you been the last 20 yrs? Don't you know soccer is taking over and will be king soon. Lol
Was reading today of a local youth soccer league where parents and fans are no longer allowed to yell at players, refs and coaches. They are calling this month 'Silent September' or something like that. Applauding is permitted. This is where we are headed.

Reactions: Jpcooper
Was reading today of a local youth soccer league where parents and fans are no longer allowed to yell at players, refs and coaches. They are calling this month 'Silent September' or something like that. Applauding is permitted. This is where we are headed.

Turning soccer into a bunch Pssies...

The image was striking — several owners of NFL teams locking arms with their players on the sidelines Sunday in a dramatic statement of defiance to a president who ridiculed their sport and condemned players for refusing to stand during the national anthem as a protest against racism.

And then on Monday night, the league’s most prominent owner knelt with his entire team.

These are the same owners who allowed junk science produced by league-sponsored doctors to paper over the growing scientific consensus that repeated head hits are linked to long-term brain damage. They have warred repeatedly, aggressively and publicly with players over labor issues.

And as for Colin Kaepernick, the quarterback who inspired the anthem protests by kneeling in order to raise awareness about racial oppression and police brutality toward African-Americans, no owner has deemed him worthy of job, despite widespread handicapping that, while not in his prime, he certainly still is of a caliber to play.

Reactions: rogue cock
20 years ago, the Denver Nuggets point guard (formerly Chris Jackson) wouldn't stand for the anthem because of his Muslim beliefs. That essentially ended his pro career. Boy how times have changed. Today he would win an ESPY for courage. Liberal culture rotting America.
I'm ultra conservative but honestly , which approach is worse in that scenario?

Reactions: Sulayman
The image was striking — several owners of NFL teams locking arms with their players on the sidelines Sunday in a dramatic statement of defiance to a president who ridiculed their sport and condemned players for refusing to stand during the national anthem as a protest against racism.

And then on Monday night, the league’s most prominent owner knelt with his entire team.

These are the same owners who allowed junk science produced by league-sponsored doctors to paper over the growing scientific consensus that repeated head hits are linked to long-term brain damage. They have warred repeatedly, aggressively and publicly with players over labor issues.

And as for Colin Kaepernick, the quarterback who inspired the anthem protests by kneeling in order to raise awareness about racial oppression and police brutality toward African-Americans, no owner has deemed him worthy of job, despite widespread handicapping that, while not in his prime, he certainly still is of a caliber to play.

ap_colin_kaepernick_02_jc_160901_12x5_992.jpg

The players have said what they wanted....now they are going to have to hear the response. It goes both ways you know.
That's not how free speech works. It's free speech when the bleeding-hearts speak their minds. It's oppression when any one else does. Don't you read the papers?

Reactions: cocky4
I saw that. They didn't kneel during the national anthem. They knelt for maybe 3 seconds before the national anthem and then they all stood and held arms for the entire national anthem. So what's wrong with that? They stood during the song. Isn't that what you want or are you never satisfied?

My picture post really didn't require a response...

If it required a response, I would have said something...

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/...oys-briefly-kneel-before-national-anthem.html

I saw that. They didn't kneel during the national anthem. They knelt for maybe 3 seconds before the national anthem and then they all stood and held arms for the entire national anthem. So what's wrong with that? They stood during the song. Isn't that what you want or are you never satisfied?

DKnCPFgUQAAVLG6.jpg

Actually, they looked like they are praying before National Anthem...

Something that you do by kneeling to God and pray for forgiveness....

Honestly the bottom line is this proud country is more divided than it has ever been . Do you guys really think police brutality against minority's is something new ?? It's been going on for decades... it's just now everybody has cellphones and camera's and it's being documented . We have freaking NAZIS openly walking down our streets . I don't care who is in the White House .... this is just wrong . I have an interracial niece and nephew and honestly I worry about them with all the hatred and ignorance that I see right now . I'm the least political person in the world but I would put a bullet in anybody's head that threatened them . I applaud athletes who are using their positions to try to effect social change , because I damn sure don't see these idiots in Washington lifting a finger . Lebron James took a lot of heat for his twitter war with the a President . Lebron had spent over 40 million dollars to help improve his community and establish schools and scholarship funds . He's done a hell of a lot more for people then any scumbag politician. The reason these guys are doing this is because we have a problem in America and if this is what needs to be done to get people talking about the issue then so be it . One of my best friends is Active Duty Air Force and a Minority. He's done two tours in Afghanistan, lost friends , been shot at , away from his family for months at a time . I asked him how he feels about the protests. His response was perfect " We do what we do and sacrifice all we sacrifice so people have the right to disagree without fear or repercussions ". He said most of the troops under his command feel the same way . We all can agree on 1 thing .. Things are @$&cked up right now and we all gotta work together to make it whole again .

Reactions: DC-99 and Sulayman
Honestly the bottom line is this proud country is more divided than it has ever been . Do you guys really think police brutality against minority's is something new ?? It's been going on for decades... it's just now everybody has cellphones and camera's and it's being documented . We have freaking NAZIS openly walking down our streets . I don't care who is in the White House .... this is just wrong . I have an interracial niece and nephew and honestly I worry about them with all the hatred and ignorance that I see right now . I'm the least political person in the world but I would put a bullet in anybody's head that threatened them . I applaud athletes who are using their positions to try to effect social change , because I damn sure don't see these idiots in Washington lifting a finger . Lebron James took a lot of heat for his twitter war with the a President . Lebron had spent over 40 million dollars to help improve his community and establish schools and scholarship funds . He's done a hell of a lot more for people then any scumbag politician. The reason these guys are doing this is because we have a problem in America and if this is what needs to be done to get people talking about the issue then so be it . One of my best friends is Active Duty Air Force and a Minority. He's done two tours in Afghanistan, lost friends , been shot at , away from his family for months at a time . I asked him how he feels about the protests. His response was perfect " We do what we do and sacrifice all we sacrifice so people have the right to disagree without fear or repercussions ". He said most of the troops under his command feel the same way . We all can agree on 1 thing .. Things are @$&cked up right now and we all gotta work together to make it whole again .

If this sparks a national debate on the issue and all the surrounding issues....then something good will have come from it.

Vehemently disagree with your first statement. The 1860s were very divided obviously. And read about the summer of 1968....probably the most divided our country has been since the 1860s. This is minor in comparison.

They have been @$&cked up for a while. The main reason is that there is no truth in media. They sensationalize isolated incidents and mislead Americans into believing things that just aren't true. Racist white police aren't out hunting minorities. In fact, black officers shoot black citizens at the same rate as white officers. And like I said before, 233 black citizens killed by police last year. Twice as many white citizens were killed by police last year. In a country of over 323 million people, that is amazing, especially considering the amount of violent crime in many communities.

Are their isolated cases of racism by police? Absolutely. It would be statistically impossible not to happen with over a million police in this country. But it is in no way a systematic problem. Our police are good people who put their lives on the line to protect us, all of us. A few bad apples don't define them in any way. Just like a few bad black people don't define all black Americans.

This thread is why I hate republicans and conservatives. If any of them said half of this stuff around me they'd be going to the hospital. That's why I don't go around them because I would be sure to embarrass them in front of their friends and family by grinding them into the floor.
Sad! This fellow, or gal, or gender confused moron, wants to threaten others with a vicious keyboard attack. Pathetic, really. That's all.

Police kill twice as many white people every year than they do black people.
Yep. And white people make up about 70% of our population - not 13%. Some simple statistics will tell you that the percentages are skewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT