ADVERTISEMENT

Our baseball team better be good

Jaybird1010

Jan 14, 2018
There all we got left and that’s not saying much. Your fooling yourself if you think our football team will be good. We will be extremely lucky to go 6-6. Frank has lost his mind in basketball and don’t want to play guys that can score.

Men's golf, decent; Men's tennis, Ok; Men's soccer, dud; Men's track, dud; Men's baseball, not much; Men's BB, really dud and football, not so much. Need some revamping in a lot of those sports. Women's on the other hand, most are in the up swing except track. Tanner for AD of women's sports, period.

Who are the new players in baseball that suppose to be good? I know Beaver suppose to be good and the new freshman third basemen

Evidently our coach is gonna change his approach to something that may work this time. I'd be crazy to predict how that goes. Looking forward to it tho.

Who are the new players in baseball that suppose to be good? I know Beaver suppose to be good and the new freshman third basemen

Of the freshmen, Brennan Milone is the new infielder you're talking about; expect him to contribute and be a star. Braylen Wimmer improved over fall, and CMK mentioned him as the current backup to Callil at SS. Beaver and Bowen are the 2 grad transfers who will likely get time, either at C or possibly 1B. Other newbies to watch will be Noah Myers, Brannon Jordan, Shane Shifflett, and, depending on their recoveries from injury, Thomas Farr, Andrew Peters, and Jeff Heinrich. For the other guys, we'll get a better feel now with spring training starting.

The guy I'm most excited to see? Carmen. Dominating summer and now considered to be one of the top 10 college prospects in the draft. Add Kerry, Shook, Tringali, Lawson, etc., and our pitching will be 5 notches above last year. Close behind Mlod as far as potential impact this year will be Wes Clarke - looking for a big year from him.

Here's a quick preview of the recruiting class, which was ranked #9 nationally by D1 Baseball, #3 by Collegiate Baseball, and #11 by Baseball America: https://247sports.com/Article/South...ting-2019-class-ranking-D1Baseball-140898513/. Looking as good or better for next year, depending on who bails out for the draft.

There all we got left and that’s not saying much. Your fooling yourself if you think our football team will be good. We will be extremely lucky to go 6-6. Frank has lost his mind in basketball and don’t want to play guys that can score.
We need better facilities

If the injury bug doesn’t decimate our pitching depth then I’ll see what happens.

No more predictions

it is showtime

this hurts more since we have a 50 + year legacy of relevance and contending and post season results.

HighSchool recruiting rankings fall in the river here, win as a team. Our run production needs to take a huge step forward and our walks need to cut by 1/2 or more.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
I remember the days when we would watch the MLB Draft or, at least follow it in the newspapers, hoping our in-coming recruits didn't get drafted too high. Seemed like we lost one or three every to the Majors but, 4 or 5 would decide to do the college route instead. Don't follow the draft any longer. Just guessing, that's no longer a worrisome issue?

Hope we are good in baseball, but it doesnt matter as much. Neither does womens basketball. The only two sports that move the needle are football, and mens basketball. Can take a lot of pride in winning in other sports, but in the grand scheme of things, it matters little to the masses.

Reactions: MJDaGod6Rings
Hope we are good in baseball, but it doesnt matter as much. Neither does womens basketball. The only two sports that move the needle are football, and mens basketball. Can take a lot of pride in winning in other sports, but in the grand scheme of things, it matters little to the masses.

thank fully it matters to me & others like the OP who started a baseball thread ;)
Without these sports we would be absent from all forms of post season, especially our ladies who also matter even though their TV ratings might be less than mens, Dawn’s girls might have close to or a bit higher attendance than our MBB, so there’s a few more folks to whom it matters. They are a better brand of basketball to watch (5pm on SEC today) as they pass, rebound& shoot more effectively.

following the masses is also not always the best path;)

Once again, you post about not caring for other Carolina sports.

Gosh
If no one cares about ladies sports why are they on tv now?
So weird, when I was younger only their final 4 was televised but now almost all the regular season games are televised (with pregame postgame & a halftime report) crazy right, wonder why that is,can’t be demand or viewers or sponsors, must be some charitable cause....

Once again, you post about not caring for other Carolina sports.

You totally miss the point. Am merely pointing out that all sports are not equal. Football and mens basketball are the only two sports that truly move the needle at any school. It's great that the womens basketball team wins. But in terms of relevance, akin to a 1AA football title. 90% of sports fans dont have a clue who won last years NC. Probably about the same for baseball. Just like Wake Forest for years was a great golf school. Point of pride for some Deacs I guess, but no body cared

You totally miss the point. Am merely pointing out that all sports are not equal. Football and mens basketball are the only two sports that truly move the needle at any school. It's great that the womens basketball team wins. But in terms of relevance, akin to a 1AA football title. 90% of sports fans dont have a clue who won last years NC. Probably about the same for baseball. Just like Wake Forest for years was a great golf school. Point of pride for some Deacs I guess, but no body cared

90% of sports fans also couldn't name all four of the men's basketball teams that made it to the 2019 Final Four...so there's that.

We all know this. Yet for some reason, people like you continue to make posts stating the same thing anytime a sport not named Football is mentioned. We get it. You, and many others, don't care. But you know what, some of us do. It would be nice to discuss other sports without the peanut gallery constantly chiming in.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
We all know this. Yet for some reason, people like you continue to make posts stating the same thing anytime a sport not named Football is mentioned. We get it. You, and many others, don't care. But you know what, some of us do. It would be nice to discuss other sports without the peanut gallery constantly chiming in.

Gosh, Batgirl, that is a huge ask on your part..........(sarcasm intended)...........

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT