ADVERTISEMENT

Ray Tanner at CWS...what does that tell us???

Where are you guys coming up with "he has to be there"?. He is the AD at the university of South Carolina, I doubt he has to be at the cws for the entire event. He has a coach to hire, if he's just hanging out, he needs to resign from the committee and focus on USC

Where are you guys coming up with "he has to be there"?. He is the AD at the university of South Carolina, I doubt he has to be at the cws for the entire event. He has a coach to hire, if he's just hanging out, he needs to resign from the committee and focus on USC
It was opening weekend of the CWS, and yes, the committee is usually in attendance for opening ceremonies and games over the weekend. Whether or not he stays is up to him. And if our future coach IS coaching in the CWS, what better place to meet with said coach? It's not as if the coach can just leave the CWS to come to Columbia for an interview.

It's not as if he's out there, watching the CWS for the heck of it.

Tanner would've been at the CWS regardless of if we did or didn't need a head baseball coach. Dude loves the game.

Didn't Tanner say (before we won our titles) he wouldn't go back to the CWS unless he was coaching or until we won the title

Reactions: DrMickey
It was opening weekend of the CWS, and yes, the committee is usually in attendance for opening ceremonies and games over the weekend. Whether or not he stays is up to him. And if our future coach IS coaching in the CWS, what better place to meet with said coach? It's not as if the coach can just leave the CWS to come to Columbia for an interview.

So you're saying he doesn't have to be there? Or you're saying you don't know, which is probably the more likely answer.

Tanner would've been at the CWS regardless of if we did or didn't need a head baseball coach. Dude loves the game.

Didn't Tanner say (before we won our titles) he wouldn't go back to the CWS unless he was coaching or until we won the title
Was he there last year or the 3 years before?

Reactions: Lakecock1

When he was coaching he said he wouldn't go unless his team was there. However, now that has changed, obviously.

Reactions: 67gamecock
Don't think for a second Ray ain't working. He's evaluating his next possible coach otherwise he would on the phone or somewhere else interviewing. He might love the game but I'm sure he loves his job more. He is on the job.

Reactions: bushmastercock
With the qualifier "When he was coaching..." at the beginning of my statement, they mean the same thing.
When he was coaching, he said he wouldn't go to Omaha "until " he takes a team there. You said that has obviously changed. I guess if you are saying he's not coaching anymore, who don't know that?

Could be his duty to be there as a committee member and could be to look at 2 prospective coaches and hopefully his being there will bring results.

So no source. Just a bunch of assumptions
He s on the selection committee, and the committee attends the first round of games. He is coming back tomorrow. And, no, I don't think he is out there interviewing.

Why not? You don't take days off your job to relax? Christ some of you guys seem to think these jobs are 24/7

I'm pretty sure the cameras caught him sneaking a note to O'Sullivan between innings. Just sayin :)

He s on the selection committee, and the committee attends the first round of games. He is coming back tomorrow. And, no, I don't think he is out there interviewing.

I can't imagine any Head coach or Assistant whose team is playing in the CWS interviewing for any job. Now if Ray's target is not coaching now, them perhaps that would be a good place to rendezvous.

Reactions: atl-cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT