ADVERTISEMENT

Ray Tanner/Coaches

Chopper007

Jan 20, 2013
I love what Coach Tanner has done for the University. He will always be revered by me. He needs to retire from the AD position. Before he does so he needs to fire Martin and Muschamp. The jury is in on Muschamp and he is never going to surpass mediocrity. He fails time and again against decent coaches. With Martin, how do you go to the final 4 and not capitalize on it? What a waste...

I love what Coach Tanner has done for the University. He will always be revered by me. He needs to retire from the AD position. Before he does so he needs to fire Martin and Muschamp. The jury is in on Muschamp and he is never going to surpass mediocrity. He fails time and again against decent coaches. With Martin, how do you go to the final 4 and not capitalize on it? What a waste...

There you go again... Asking for a coaches to be fired...

Who do you think you are??? Me????:p

We gave Spurrier how many years before he got to 11 wins? Then he destroyed what he had built and Muschamp is trying to build it back. The jury is not in and anyone who doesn't think injuries took it's toll this year is foolish. We improved on offense but hands were tied on defense because of the massive amount of injuries. This staff works hard and is laying a foundation for success.

I was fortunate enough to take a tour of facilities and speak with athletic department staff and from listening to them and their description of what Coach Muschamp has brought to our athletic department, we would be fools to let him go. He is improving every part of the program starting with recruiting and those in the know trust him as he is a tireless worker. You don't fire a guy who took over a team that had just 3 wins, was trending downward and has reversed the direction of the program in three years. Geez, he took over a dumpster fire and is building the way it should be built.

Now Martin on the other hand is in season what, 7 or 8, and lost to Wofford by 20. That is a terrible sign for the season and unfortunately a lot of energy from the Final Four year has been drained from the program. Not sure he regains that but we'll see, it is a long season.

We gave Spurrier how many years before he got to 11 wins? Then he destroyed what he had built and Muschamp is trying to build it back. The jury is not in and anyone who doesn't think injuries took it's toll this year is foolish. We improved on offense but hands were tied on defense because of the massive amount of injuries. This staff works hard and is laying a foundation for success.

I was fortunate enough to take a tour of facilities and speak with athletic department staff and from listening to them and their description of what Coach Muschamp has brought to our athletic department, we would be fools to let him go. He is improving every part of the program starting with recruiting and those in the know trust him as he is a tireless worker. You don't fire a guy who took over a team that had just 3 wins, was trending downward and has reversed the direction of the program in three years. Geez, he took over a dumpster fire and is building the way it should be built.

Now Martin on the other hand is in season what, 7 or 8, and lost to Wofford by 20. That is a terrible sign for the season and unfortunately a lot of energy from the Final Four year has been drained from the program. Not sure he regains that but we'll see, it is a long season.

Fact Check: TRUE

Carolina went 6-6 in Spurrier's 3rd year and 7-6 the next two seasons.

Carolina won 9 games or more in years 6 thru 9 of the Spurrier's tenure.

Spurrier left a depleted roster. Clowney is still the last Gamecock defensive player drafted.

I agree. Muschamp needs a couple more years before deciding his future. Martin on the other hand needs to move on. He is a media darling, but I still don't like the way he berates players in public. IMHO, this is the reason he can't recruit.

I agree. Muschamp needs a couple more years before deciding his future. Martin on the other hand needs to move on. He is a media darling, but I still don't like the way he berates players in public. IMHO, this is the reason he can't recruit.

Carolina coaches are always media darlings around here because they can't beat Clemson and it makes a good stores when Carolina fans not happy with any of the USC programs that are down or so-so....

Yeah, he needs to go ahead and fire Dawn too since she has just lost 2 in a row. Oh yeah, Kingston didn't make Omaha so he has GOT to go now before the season starts.

SMDH.

I don't understand the emotionally-stunted people that blame the athletic director for each loss.

I have no doubt if Frank Martin ends this year poorly, Ray Tanner will not have a problem really evaluating the program.

I don't understand the emotionally-stunted people that blame the athletic director for each loss.

I have no doubt if Frank Martin ends this year poorly, Ray Tanner will not have a problem really evaluating the program.

Then why do we still have Mark Berson coaching soccer????

I would put one of our former lady's soccer player as the new coach for the men's team over Mark Berson....

That's crazy. Wait till AFTER the season to evaluate it? INSANE!!!

There were several KState fans on here warning us that this is what we were getting in Martin. Interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT