ADVERTISEMENT

Rivals 2022 Football Recruiting Class Rankings ... Clempson #36? Is that real?

I'd vote yes. The class has like 10 or 12 signees?

Edit: looked at the link. 12 signees. One 5 star, seven 4 stars.

That's a tiny class.

That shows the problem with just using the class ranks until they’re complete.

Even at 36, their class is still better than ours.

They're bringing in a 5-star QB. Two 4-star OL and addressing positions of need.

Our highest rated player is around 222 in the rivals 250 and all of their four stars fall higher than that.

We don't have any advantage over them other than number of bodies.
Yeah maybe you should write to rivals and tell them their methodology is flawed.

Reactions: oakley51
That shows the problem with just using the class ranks until they’re complete.

Even at 36, their class is still better than ours.
200w.gif

As a Clemson fan, it is concerning that our numbers are so low. Understandable after the turnover in staff this year, you are bound to lose a few. It is hard to argue which is better because you won't really know until they play. However, for those that do not understand, you get a combined score for your top 20 committed recruits in your class. USCs top 20 make a combined score of 1701. Clemson does not have 20 to add up so their 12 add up to 1444.

They
I'd vote yes. The class has like 10 or 12 signees?

Edit: looked at the link. 12 signees. One 5 star, seven 4 stars.

That's a tiny class.
They are not done yet. But I'm glad for the lack of D lineman they have. Looks like the years when obc quit recruiting.

It will correct itself once Clemson backfills their open slots.

Not sure Clemson will backfill to say 18 or 20 High schools players this year! Maybe 15 tops, this year class was going to be a small class anyway. 2023 is another story, 25 high school players should be in the works for next year!

First, the 247 Composite is a better guide unless you just think Rivals is the only game in town. It has Clemson at 25, USC at 22, based on total points considering all recruits. Clemson point total is low because the class is small so far. Clemson's average player score is 5th overall.

I disagree, size of the class matters as well.

make no mistake, 4*/ 5* matters greatly when it comes to winning big “ National Championship “ and winning consistently at a high level! A high percentage of all schools classes annually are roster filler’s or backup position filler’s! To your point, the size of a class matters but how many 4*/ 5* players that are on the 2nd and 3rd team at each position depth wise really matters greatly!! 66% of Clemson’s class this year so far is 4*/ 5* players, in comparison 22% of UofSC class this year is 4* players not counting transfers!

Last edited:
As a Clemson fan, it is concerning that our numbers are so low. Understandable after the turnover in staff this year, you are bound to lose a few. It is hard to argue which is better because you won't really know until they play. However, for those that do not understand, you get a combined score for your top 20 committed recruits in your class. USCs top 20 make a combined score of 1701. Clemson does not have 20 to add up so their 12 add up to 1444.
That makes sense.

But I guess the relevant question is How many slots does Clemson have to fill? If they only have 12 people in the class because that's how many they need, then that's a pretty good class. If they have 20-something scholarships to give, but only have 12 signees, that seems to be a problem - unless they will be signing some top-flight folks on the late signing day.

That makes sense.

But I guess the relevant question is How many slots does Clemson have to fill? If they only have 12 people in the class because that's how many they need, then that's a pretty good class. If they have 20-something scholarships to give, but only have 12 signees, that seems to be a problem - unless they will be signing some top-flight folks on the late signing day.

There isn’t many top flight players left because of the early signing period! Clemson was only going to sign 16 to 18 players this year period! 2023 will probably be 25 + high school players!

None of this matters until we start winning on the field but clemsuck is clearly trending down some over where they were a few years back. Coaching losses, transfers, and lower ranked classes can possibly be the beginning of the end but it remains to be seen. They will eventually go down everybody does even Alabama had a period of losing. The main thing is this is a Gamecock board and it‘s sickening to see all these clemtards and so called Gamecock fans trying to convince everyone all is well in tater town. Again until we win I‘ll play wait and see.

I usually sort the list by the AVG column. This the one of the lowest years for them in a while when it comes to average star rating.

They also usually have multiple 5 stars. Only one this year.

Also, I don't see a lot of dline talent in this class. They did have some in last year's class, but not the same level they have been recruiting at on the dline.

I think another recruiting cycle or two with NIL, and you are going to see them come back down to earth. Should be interesting to watch, especially with Dabo and his narcissistic personality. He won't take well to losing because he is getting outbid for players. I expect an epic meltdown.

Last edited:
For the ppl that’s still saying Clemson class is still better than ours, let’s use some common sense. All of Clemson 12 signees won’t be starters or see the field to add depth 5 stars/4 stars doesn’t matter. SC will have 12 or more signees that will either be good players or add depth. It’s not a big difference between a 4 star and a 3 star. You have still develop the guys that you get.

Reactions: USCRBCOCK
For the ppl that’s still saying Clemson class is still better than ours, let’s use some common sense. All of Clemson 12 signees won’t be starters or see the field to add depth 5 stars/4 stars doesn’t matter. SC will have 12 or more signees that will either be good players or add depth. It’s not a big difference between a 4 star and a 3 star. You have still develop the guys that you get.
It’s easy to say this, but that’s exactly what didn’t happen at the end of the spurrier era. We signed too many classes where not even 12 players ended up contributing.

Reactions: Lakecock1
That makes sense.

Clemson was at 78 scholarship players prior to signing the 12 incoming freshman. But, they had 3 players declare for the NFL draft - Booth, Goodrich, and Ross. They had 2 more enter the transfer portal - Lay and Jefferies. They had one leave due to medical reasons - Bockhorst. So, that puts them at 84, or 1 under the scholarship limit. Having 4 elite 4 stars decommit after Venables left for OK was a tremendous loss to this year's recruiting class.

However, they still have to weather the storm not knowing which if any of their remaining players will declare for the NFL draft with the Jan 17 deadline quickly approaching. They also have several seniors who could possibly return for another year based upon the 2020 Covid eligibility ruling. Some may, some may not. The ones who have decided to return are already included in the 84 scholarship shown above.

Regardless of what transpires between now and signing day, Clemson has taken a HUGE hit from a quality depth perspective - especially on the defensive side of the ball. And, they were already lacking true quality depth on the offense this past year.

They will still be a team that challenges for the ACC championship. And, they will still have more talent that our Gamecocks. But, the talent gap is narrowing quickly.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT