ADVERTISEMENT

So Frank Asks the Fans to Show Up for Home Games

Unfortunately Home letdowns seems to be a running theme for USC men’s sports this year. I was obviously pleased with the overall football season, but it stung that the two biggest home environments in years (UK and Clemsatan) were met with total bedcrappings from SC.

Similarly, SC had 2 winnable Home hoops games the last 2 Saturday’s with great home crowds and somehow let both games slip through their fingers. Tonight was a hard kick in the sensitive parts and it seems like this team is crashing back to reality.

Unfoprtunately this team is not fun to watch right now. They are void of offensive talent. I cant see them getting a bid, if they do, i am afraid it may be one and done. Come on Frank, Prove me wrong.. Last year was a fun run to watch, this year, is just painful.

There's a silver lining here folks. Football Spring practice is just around the corner.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Atmosphere is important to winning, would you agree? And we pay the coach to try and win, right? What would be weird about him wanting to have a packed loud house?

Hate to say it but I think fans stayed home because they're planning to go tonight. Much bigger game vs Uconn than Miss State.

Hate to say it but I think fans stayed home because they're planning to go tonight. Much bigger game vs Uconn than Miss State.
There is also this crazy flu going around. People have gotten to the point of having their groceries delivered because they don't want to leave the house. If someone hiccups, they are dousing them in lysol. Our parking garage is a ghost town compared to normal of late.

There is also this crazy flu going around. People have gotten to the point of having their groceries delivered because they don't want to leave the house. If someone hiccups, they are dousing them in lysol. Our parking garage is a ghost town compared to normal of late.

84 SC residents have died from the flu so far .:( I worked yesterday and went the game .

Wouldn't have made a difference IMO. You could feel the bandwagon empty after the Texas Tech game. We'll still get good crowds for the last two home games (UF and Auburn) but the weeknight games will be subpar like last night, esp LSU. (Would love to be wrong but that's my prediction)

Wouldn't have made a difference IMO. You could feel the bandwagon empty after the Texas Tech game. We'll still get good crowds for the last two home games (UF and Auburn) but the weeknight games will be subpar like last night, esp LSU. (Would love to be wrong but that's my prediction)
Maybe, but weeknight games, not involving UK, have always had spotty attendance. For-Eh-Ver.

Reactions: coolcock2001
Atmosphere is important to winning, would you agree? And we pay the coach to try and win, right? What would be weird about him wanting to have a packed loud house?

contd . . . . . . his following up with losses. He needs to put his and his team's performances at an equal level with his expectations of fan attendance and enthusiasm. Lately, that hasn't been the case.

contd . . . . . . his following up with losses. He needs to put his and his team's performances at an equal level with his expectations of fan attendance and enthusiasm. Lately, that hasn't been the case.
Well, I'm a fan and I see it Frank's way. So I guess there's differing opinions out there.

Unfortunately Home letdowns seems to be a running theme for USC men’s sports this year. I was obviously pleased with the overall football season, but it stung that the two biggest home environments in years (UK and Clemsatan) were met with total bedcrappings from SC.

Similarly, SC had 2 winnable Home hoops games the last 2 Saturday’s with great home crowds and somehow let both games slip through their fingers. Tonight was a hard kick in the sensitive parts and it seems like this team is crashing back to reality.

Hate to pull a Lee Corso on you but . . . not so fast. This team did beat UK at home only a few weeks ago. It might not be the dominant UK team that we're used to but that was big win. I may be in the minority but I think it's the borderline teams that need the most fan support. It's easy to pack the stands when you have studs like Thornwell and Dozier. That's the point most fans miss.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT