ADVERTISEMENT

The 3M names that might replace Scott Frost

Campbell has turned down better. Doubt Stoops would leave Kentucky for Nebraska at this point. Rhule might be looking for any option out of Charlotte he can find. One thing about Nebraska. It is no longer the blue blood, plum job, many of us remember. They haven't been relevant on the national stage for the whole lives of recruits being recruited now. They just can't recruit off of reputation and tradition like they used to.

They’ll hire one of those midwestern boys that know the territory. Probably whoever Osborne wants?

Not saying any of the 3 mentioned candidates would turn the job down, but ....
Stoops. He now has it made at UK, most wins of all time, he can ride off into the sunset.

Matt Campbell What he has now at ISU might be a tad better than Nebraska.

Matt Rhule. Yes it's a P5 program, Yes it's a lot more money, Yes it's in the biggest conference in revenue,
But is this the one you jump to, because so far the last 20=years have shown us, it is now extremely difficult to win there.

I could be wrong, but I think Nebraska may have a difficult and perhaps an embarrassing coaching search.

Reactions: Areukidding1
Campbell has turned down better. Doubt Stoops would leave Kentucky for Nebraska at this point. Rhule might be looking for any option out of Charlotte he can find. One thing about Nebraska. It is no longer the blue blood, plum job, many of us remember. They haven't been relevant on the national stage for the whole lives of recruits being recruited now. They just can't recruit off of reputation and tradition like they used to.
They are out of their element. Until we prove otherwise, we are in the same boat. And before anyone jumps, no we haven't.

Mark Stoops is great friends with Bo Pelini . He averaged over 9 wins a season at Nebraska and was fired . Just saying.
Pelini had a very acrimonious relationship with the Nebraska AD and didn't exactly endear himself to their fans either. In a way he was his own worst enemy.
Add to that Nebraska (at the time) wasn't that far away from the Osborne glory years, the writing was on the wall.

I've seen the rumor, but I don't see Meyer taking that job.
I don't see Meyer going there either. At this point, he has a pile of money, and figure he is content with TV. But if he still does have that itch to coach, I wouldn't see it at Nebraska. He would only go to a school that is set up to compete for a NC immediately. And that isn't Nebraska right now. Don't think he wants to wait on a cycle of recruits to be competitive

Reactions: Harvard Gamecock
I don’t see Urban wanting to take over a program that needs a rebuild. Players, culture, etc. He isn’t going to want to wait recruiting cycles to start slowly winning more. (like us)

I can’t imagine Stoops leaving Kentucky. He build a pretty solid program over there and has it made.

I don't see Meyer going there either. At this point, he has a pile of money, and figure he is content with TV. But if he still does have that itch to coach, I wouldn't see it at Nebraska. He would only go to a school that is set up to compete for a NC immediately. And that isn't Nebraska right now. Don't think he wants to wait on a cycle of recruits to be competitive
I thought Meyer may end up at Southern Cal, but that’s gone now. Probably the only others would be Texas, Texas A&M when Jim Bob flames out (and he will), LSU or Notre Dame. The way it’s going at ND, that may come open first.

Stoops sees that as a step down.

Nebraska fans may not like it, but it IS a step-down at this point.

Their success is long in the rear view mirror, and there are some big hurdles to them getting back to that level.

Heard a guy on the radio saying they should settle for being like Iowa or Wisconsin, and give up hopes of competing with "the elites". From an outside perspective, that seems reasonable.

I don't think he'd go to Nebraska, but I don't think it take Meyer more than a couple of years to get them competing for a Big 10 title and the CFP if he did. With his reputation, I don't think he'd have any trouble getting big time high school guys, then get a handful of top notch JUCO's, and glean the transfer portal.

Nebraska never should've left the Big 12. They used to be able to recruit nationally, and especially in Texas and Florida. They still do, but they just don't get the level of player they did before. There are no Tommie Fraziers walking through that door right nowl

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT