ADVERTISEMENT

The saga of Jake Bentley

USC2USC

Aug 6, 2001
is the perfect microcosm of one of Champ's biggest issues. In his system players do not get better. And often they get worse. I don't blame the athlete at all. He (and the staff) just don't know how to develop and coach-up players. There are too many examples to list. This is a major difference from the Spurrier era.

Its is also an illustration of why some are calling so loudly for a complete coaching change. These players deserve better. Most are playing their butts of for Carolina and their love for the garnet and black is obvious. The AD has not provided them with SEC calibre coaching talent.
It is not ok and It has to end. Ray Tanner must be fired.

I wish Jake the very best and will be cheering him on wherever he lands.

Jake is an outstanding athlete. It was great having him as our QB!

Unfortunately, he had to play through a slump, while Spurrier would have had him sit it out a while. Due to lack of preparation, stubbornness, or whatever, Muskchamp had him play on. I never will understand the Scaracchia 1 game and done, with the hot hand, etc.

Outstanding Gamecock!

Jake is an outstanding athlete. It was great having him as our QB!

Unfortunately, he had to play through a slump, while Spurrier would have had him sit it out a while. Due to lack of preparation, stubbornness, or whatever, Muskchamp had him play on. I never will understand the Scaracchia 1 game and done, with the hot hand, etc.

Outstanding Gamecock!

I agree with this 1000%. This is one of life's mysteries as a Gamecock fan.

USCALUMNI

Reactions: uscfan1981
Bentley is an excellent QB who gave everything he had to Carolina.
Carolina is the only fan base in America dumb enough to not want him on their team. Add to that some TRASH Carolina fans right here on our forun were happy when he got hurt and the best thing he can do is dump us and go to a better team with decent fans.
Good luck to the kid. Glad he's finished having to put up with the trash that infests Carolinas fanbase these days

is the perfect microcosm of one of Champ's biggest issues. In his system players do not get better. And often they get worse. I don't blame the athlete at all. He (and the staff) just don't know how to develop and coach-up players. There are too many examples to list. This is a major difference from the Spurrier era.

Its is also an illustration of why some are calling so loudly for a complete coaching change. These players deserve better. Most are playing their butts of for Carolina and their love for the garnet and black is obvious. The AD has not provided them with SEC calibre coaching talent.
It is not ok and It has to end. Ray Tanner must be fired.

I wish Jake the very best and will be cheering him on wherever he lands.
Well said my man! I stepped down as a moderator on a very large Facebook site because of the Jake bashing the last two years. Never attack a gamecock! It was always clearer than a mountain spring to me that it was an incompetent coaching staff that was hurting him. He regressed each year he was here it seemed. It appears that Shi Smith and a few others are victims of the incompetence stealing from S.C. alum and boosters. 100% on Will and Ray 100%!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT