ADVERTISEMENT

This game is the perfect example of why we are who we are.

Judson1

Jul 31, 2008
The way we are viewed by Clemson, Georgia, the SEC conference, and even the national pundits. And half of our local talking heads will defend this outcome next week because the kids played hard. But to everyone outside the program, they see a third year coach struggle to beat first year coaches. A program they can swoop in last minute and flip our recruits if they need them. A program they can push around. To them, this is the Carolina they expect to see. And I still cannot believe that it has to be like this. I just don’t get why?

The way we are viewed by Clemson, Georgia, the SEC conference, and even the national pundits. And half of our local talking heads will defend this outcome next week because the kids played hard. But to everyone outside the program, they see a third year coach struggle to beat first year coaches. A program they can swoop in last minute and flip our recruits if they need them. A program they can push around. To them, this is the Carolina they expect to see. And I still cannot believe that it has to be like this. I just don’t get why?
Sadly,, there is a great deal of truth in what you say.

Reactions: Judson1
The Flagship will never badmouth a coach until it's quite clear he's being fired. Then they'll circle the wagons around the AD and defend any decision he makes. One thing's for sure. They can't blame the boobirds this time.

Because we have a coach that wasn’t good enough for Florida or Texas but was the best a search firm could find combing the globe

Reactions: drawplay000
I want an AD who'd run over his own family to win. And I want him to do whatever it takes to hire a coach who will do whatever it takes to win. That will never happen here.

Good point. I think losing today wouldn’t have been all that bad. But the manner in which we lost is baffling. The game was in our hands. I’m sure people changed the channel and stopped checking the score. In the game thread I mentioned how this was the same scenario last week when Florida played Missouri and I knew that game was over, but I was nervous as crap in ours...UP 17! It’s because I know who we are. Watched it all my freaking life. And I see us returning back to it, maybe not on quite the same level as before, under this administration.

The points you make are not without merit. And you have hit on one of the reasons why this program isn't the best choice for giving a coach a 2nd chance to get it right. There are a lot of reasons for recruits, fans, and the sports media to doubt this program. But at least when Holtz and Spurrier came here, they brought with them some instant credibility. And they both backed up that credibility with some pretty significant successes early on in their tenure; down payments, if you will. I'm not saying Muschamp can't eventually get it done here, but he has not yet earned that credibility to create "buy in."

Good point. I think losing today wouldn’t have been all that bad. But the manner in which we lost is baffling. The game was in our hands. I’m sure people changed the channel and stopped checking the score. In the game thread I mentioned how this was the same scenario last week when Florida played Missouri and I knew that game was over, but I was nervous as crap in ours...UP 17! It’s because I know who we are. Watched it all my freaking life. And I see us returning back to it, maybe not on quite the same level as before, under this administration.

Exactly. And as many times this year as we have fallen behind and comeback. And now have went up big and fallen behind. Something is wrong with someone’s philosophy. These wild point swings don’t just happen on their own every week. I was thinking the players seemingly needed to be behind to get the urge to perform. But now I think it rests in the plays and strategies being called. It’s literally every week!

They are paid to win.

Everything else is ******** ********. That is the bottom line. 11-1 is better than 10-2. Graduation rates and etc is meaningless. Until we understand this simple fact... we will be everyone’s bitch.

One of the toughest things is our opponents are about as bad as they’ll be anytime soon. The exception is likely Kentucky. Can’t imagine A&M, Florida, Tennessee, Missouri staying down that much longer. Georgia already contending for National Title and will do regularly as will Clemson. Add in teams from the West that will improve and are hard enough for us to beat. These seasons are our best chances to beat these teams.

6 of 9 against Florida sounds much better than 5 of 9. Have to think these days of being Florida won’t be like this forever unless it’s because we elevate our program.

One of the toughest things is our opponents are about as bad as they’ll be anytime soon. The exception is likely Kentucky. Can’t imagine A&M, Florida, Tennessee, Missouri staying down that much longer. Georgia already contending for National Title and will do regularly as will Clemson. Add in teams from the West that will improve and are hard enough for us to beat. These seasons are our best chances to beat these teams.

6 of 9 against Florida sounds much better than 5 of 9. Have to think these days of being Florida won’t be like this forever unless it’s because we elevate our program.

Yeah because it was Mullen’s FIRST YEAR! If they are already ahead. If Kentucky, Georgia, ATM, Clemsin are already ahead. What has anyone on here saw at this point to think we will catch up to or even pass any of these teams?

This football program is about to enter a dark period, even for us. We're going to have consecutive losses in the double digits to UGA, A&M and Clemson.

It's money..you must earn success before you build castles and ask supporters to pay. The fans get $4 bottled water..the school, coaches and admin get rich. and the program ? Well..u just saw it.
Don't blame it on the university. It's SC. U less you find the richest of the rich, SC is screwed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT