ADVERTISEMENT

To all the Jamey Chadwell fans on here

It was the moment we went for Beamer, that everyone justified going for Beamer because no one else hired Napier.
Again, but what I saw, I think others says we weren't alone in not hiring him, which isn't wrong, but no one claimed no one considered him. Also, hiring Beamer doesn't need to be justified now than any other hire unless you have a proven P5 winner and we usually get them over the hill. Beamer was the guy the guys must liked for the job in the clubhouse, a lot of people around the program thought he was a rock star and so far he's done well. I really think you just read everything through whatever bias keeps you from accepting Beamer

Again, but what I saw, I think others says we weren't alone in not hiring him, which isn't wrong, but no one claimed no one considered him. Also, hiring Beamer doesn't need to be justified now than any other hire unless you have a proven P5 winner and we usually get them over the hill. Beamer was the guy the guys must liked for the job in the clubhouse, a lot of people around the program thought he was a rock star and so far he's done well. I really think you just read everything through whatever bias keeps you from accepting Beamer

I think the comments about Napier and Chadwell were a bit more aggressive than you are remembering them.

But again, everyone is remembering back a full year through the lenses of their own biases.

You're literally in a thread that's trying to justify the Beamer over Chadwell hire. Maybe you should look in the mirror before accusing others of letting bias get in the way.

I think the comments about Napier and Chadwell were a bit more aggressive than you are remembering them.

But again, everyone is remembering back a full year through the lenses of their own biases.
Oh, there were definitely very negative comments about Chadwell

You're literally in a thread that's trying to justify the Beamer over Chadwell hire. Maybe you should look in the mirror before accusing others of letting bias get in the way.
No, it's a thread that that's hyper critical of the people who haven't shut the hell up about how we should've hired Chadwell for the last year. If you can't see the difference then that's a you thing. All of us who have been tired of those that won't let go of this Chadwell fixation are going to flip it on that particular peanut gallery

No, it's a thread that that's hyper critical of the people who haven't shut the hell up about how we should've hired Chadwell for the last year. If you can't see the difference then that's a you thing. All of us who have been tired of those that won't let go of this Chadwell fixation are going to flip it on that particular peanut gallery
Semantics argument I see.

Are there any we should have hired Chadwell threads that I missed recently?

This is what everyone said about Napier last year and now he’s at Florida…
Napier has a lot of "skeletons" from when he coached at Clemson. A bit of irony is the day after Clemson named Dabo head coach the next day he made a comment that he had fired Billy Napier. I know for a fact he and Dabo had a lot of bad moments in the Clemson locker room after they had lost a game. Lets just say it was not pleasant.

I call BS on his system being used by P5 teams. He was running RPOs like everyone but no P5 was running his 2 back triple option RPO system.
Not on every down and not his entire system. The commentators said some of his plays were being run at the P5 level.

why hasn't he landed a P5 job? Is he waiting on a certain job to open or he just likes it a Coastal?
What remains an issue with Chadwell is how he left Charleston Southern and the NCAA penalties that followed. He left Charleston Southern in a bad situation to say the least. Lot of Athletic Directors do not want to take a chance with someone with the past history that Chadwell had at Charleston Southern.

Napier has a lot of "skeletons" from when he coached at Clemson. A bit of irony is the day after Clemson named Dabo head coach the next day he made a comment that he had fired Billy Napier. I know for a fact he and Dabo had a lot of bad moments in the Clemson locker room after they had lost a game. Lets just say it was not pleasant.
???? Um, when Dabo was named HC at Clemson, he didn't fire Napier. He gave him the promotion to offensive coordinator. Napier did a good job at OC during his first full year. However, Napier's offensive philosophy didn't mesh with Dabo's. Dabo wanted the HUNH offense and Napier was more of a balanced spread style offense. If you read "Shakin' the Southland" articles from that period, you will note that there was a lot of disagreement between the two during Napier's second year and that Dabo would often take over play calling (similar to what Holtz did here). Due to their differing offensive philosophies, Dabo fired Napier after his second year.

Last edited:

Dabo fired the other OC the day he was hired, and promoted Napier to OC. Napier then worked for him for two years before being fired.

Semantics argument I see.

Are there any we should have hired Chadwell threads that I missed recently?
That's not arguing semantics, because the point isn't selling Beamer, shouldn't have to, it's pointing out that there's a reason there haven't been recent threads about Chadwell. Told you so isn't an argument schmuck, it's a victory lap

That's not arguing semantics, because the point isn't selling Beamer, shouldn't have to, it's pointing out that there's a reason there haven't been recent threads about Chadwell. Told you so isn't an argument schmuck, it's a victory lap
Let’s hope this “victory lap” works out better then the victory laps over Napier last year and @jackrabbit slim ’s recruiting thread.

I don’t get the Chadwell witch-hunt. He’s not my favorite HC candidate but considering we were gonna hire cheap- he was potentially a godsend. I mainly don’t want to see him in the SEC vs USC.
My question is...if Chadwell isn’t qualified for our HC job...what in the h3ll has Shane Beamer done in his career to garner the same interest/interview/consideration ? Because no matter what BS is thrown up...Beamer had no serious responsibility running a team until one year ago while Chadwell has been a self made coach throughout the various lower stages of developing and running a program as a HC. That’s not a slight at Beamer...it’s just reality.

He interviewed very well and had a plan. Plus he had Alumni pushing him as well as the fact he is very personable. That last one was in stark contrast to Muschamp.

Like him or not, give credit for their schedule or not, although I would remind you to look at the SEC OC schedule before commenting, his offensive scheme is fun to watch. And he wins his games. Something we havent done since Spur and he gave up on us midseason. We suck. They dont. My great nephew plays for them and he says its a blast. I am like others. When he was "mentioned" in the program at CSU, I thought he might be dirty. But you cant argue with success and no sactions. Maybe he and his offense would be a success at the P5 level. I dont know. But I do know we have sucked at football all but 11 years out of 106. Im willing to take a chance. But the BOT has to go and mirror Clemsux and Tanner has to go before any coach has a chance to be successful. JMO
Who is your great nephew if you don’t Mind me asking. My daughter is a part of support staff and she was wondering who it was. She knows alot of players and says the whole program is fun and a lot as well

???? Um, when Dabo was named HC at Clemson, he didn't fire Napier. He gave him the promotion to offensive coordinator. Napier did a good job at OC during his first full year. However, Napier's offensive philosophy didn't mesh with Dabo's. Dabo wanted the HUNH offense and Napier was more of a balanced spread style offense. If you read "Shakin' the Southland" articles from that period, you will note that there was a lot of disagreement between the two during Napier's second year and that Dabo would often take over play calling (similar to what Holtz did here). Due to their differing offensive philosophies, Dabo fired Napier after his second year.
Was t thy when he got rob Spence? He was supposed to be the mad scientist and turned out to be nothing but bubble screen master. Then they got Morris right? Trying to remember the timeline

Was t thy when he got rob Spence? He was supposed to be the mad scientist and turned out to be nothing but bubble screen master. Then they got Morris right? Trying to remember the timeline

No, Spence was the guy Dabo fired on the first day. Then promoted Napier for a couple years.

Reactions: rogue cock
No guarantee Napier is the answer at Florida and the other cat did a search and only found one guy dogging Napier like you said he was, so I gotta ask what victory lap?
This will be the same m.o. when Chadwell gets a job. Everyone will claim these victory laps didn’t happen.

No guarantee Napier is the answer at Florida and the other cat did a search and only found one guy dogging Napier like you said he was, so I gotta ask what victory lap?

To be fair, I stopped when I found the first. To go back a year over all those threads would have gotten tedious.

Edit: Rather than have my search used as an excuse to say it was all one poster, I went back and found another from biting curve. I really don't think it's necessary to keep going at this point.

Last edited:
To be fair, I stopped when I found the first. To go back a year over all those threads would have gotten tedious.

Edit: Rather than have my search used as an excuse to say it was all one poster, I went back and found another from biting curve. I really don't think it's necessary to keep going at this point.
Sorry, I shouldn't have brought you in on it. I just really don't like that guy because it seemed to be far from a majority on here, but it's also just irrelevant. This is about Chadwell who plays a gimmick offense in a back water conference and it's like has never had success against the SEC and he'd rather bring in Napier, who hasn't changed a game at Florida, and Beamer who we already know this dude will never accept.

Sorry, I shouldn't have brought you in on it. I just really don't like that guy because it seemed to be far from a majority on here, but it's also just irrelevant. This is about Chadwell who plays a gimmick offense in a back water conference and it's like has never had success against the SEC and he'd rather bring in Napier, who hasn't changed a game at Florida, and Beamer who we already know this dude will never accept.

The contentious hire has certainly driven the fanbase into camps.

And I get the questions about Chadwells offense translating. (From the very few games I saw, I didn't think it was that heavily option, but a mixture, but I haven't seen a lot.)

I do agree with him that Napier and Chadwell were lumped together and mocked (or whatever) for not being offered a job when Beamer was. It was conspicuous to me when only Chadwell was then mentioned. And I think it was just the different camps I mentioned interested in promoting their guy at the same time as tearing down the other guys.

And thus ends my Christmas peace making.

😁

The contentious hire has certainly driven the fanbase into camps.

And I get the questions about Chadwells offense translating. (From the very few games I saw, I didn't think it was that heavily option, but a mixture, but I haven't seen a lot.)

I do agree with him that Napier and Chadwell were lumped together and mocked (or whatever) for not being offered a job when Beamer was. It was conspicuous to me when only Chadwell was then mentioned. And I think it was just the different camps I mentioned interested in promoting their guy at the same time as tearing down the other guys.

And thus ends my Christmas peace making.

😁
Fair, I think Napier is a good one, but I just really don't know if he was right for Florida. I think cocksure and a lot of personality for their successful coaches
And Florida has a cocksure culture so I think the players would respond not to that, but idk. I pictured him with a West team.

If the spread option will work in the SEC it will need the dynamic pass concepts he runs but I really think the reads slow down the progress too much to be the basis. I think it needs to be more like how we used zone reads where we really only used it two or three times most games but teams so had to respect it, it opened up the inside zone and PAs and even a couple of RPOs with bubble screens outside when Spurrier thought that was there

No. Spence was Bowden's OC that Dabo fired when he took over. Dabo promoted Napier to OC after Spence was let go.

It was a year ago, so memory is fuzzy. I did a quick search and found wingchuncock. And I found it a few times, so it might have been just repeated rather than multiple posters, but my memory was that it was multiple posters.
I was rebutting all the negative Nellies complaining about hiring Beamer instead. Convenient you don’t remember that part.

Last edited:
I was rebutting all the negative Nellies complaining about hiring Beamer instead. Convenient you don’t remember that part.

I conveniantly covered that part already:

"And I think it was just the different camps I mentioned interested in promoting their guy at the same time as tearing down the other guys."

I conveniantly covered that part already:

"And I think it was just the different camps I mentioned interested in promoting their guy at the same time as tearing down the other guys."
No, you left out the part where I was called a Tater and troll by some who opposed the Beamer hire, and I only responded after being personally attacked. Then you ignored the other posters involved and you singled ME out in your post. Not even remotely impartial nor accurate as to what happened.

No, you left out the part where I was called a Tater and troll by some who opposed the Beamer hire, and I only responded after being personally attacked. Then you ignored the other posters involved and you singled ME out in your post. Not even remotely impartial nor accurate as to what happened.

I left out a lot, since I wasn't recapping the entire last year of posts. I left out their personal attacks and yours, as well as all sides calling each other tater and trolls.

Read the thread again, it was asked which posters were using Napier not getting a p5 job last year as a slight to him.

You were one. You were the first one I found, but not the only one I mentioned.

Feel free to argue the circumstances with the other poster, if he's interested. I have an opinion on just how much of a victim you were in those back and forths.

This is irrelevant.

You’re one of the ones who argued if Napier and Chadwell were great coaches why has a P5 team not hired them.

Time to admit that was being unreasonable.

Well I just lost 10 minutes of my life reading this thread. I did notice how certain posters I suspect as uncover tater fans sure knew a lot about the Billy N situation while at tateru.
I know Billy's best friend personally, so they weren't lying in what they said happened while up at tateru. But you would think only someone who was really into keeping up with tateru would know that information.

Well I just lost 10 minutes of my life reading this thread. I did notice how certain posters I suspect as uncover tater fans sure knew a lot about the Billy N situation while at tateru.
I know Billy's best friend personally, so they weren't lying in what they said happened while up at tateru. But you would think only someone who was really into keeping up with tateru would know that information.
Moi? LOL...I have never hidden the fact that I come from a large Clemson family....and used to read the site Shakin' the Southland when Dr. B was in charge of it. It was a very good site....and in no way a Dabo apologist site. Some of the best offensive and defensive breakdowns of teams could be found on that site. The athletic department finally got Dr. B kicked off the site because of some of his criticisms.

Moi? LOL...I have never hidden the fact that I come from a large Clemson family....and used to read the site Shakin' the Southland when Dr. B was in charge of it. It was a very good site....and in no way a Dabo apologist site. Some of the best offensive and defensive breakdowns of teams could be found on that site. The athletic department finally got Dr. B kicked off the site because of some of his criticisms.
Which is silly, didn't a lot of his criticisms have an impact and help them contend. I'm not close enough but I've heard taters claim it.

Reactions: rogue cock
Which is silly, didn't a lot of his criticisms have an impact and help them contend. I'm not close enough but I've heard taters claim it.
My brother-in-law definitely thinks they did. But there were those who didn't like the criticism at all.....and you can easily guess who one of them supposedly was.

So, what you're saying is that they must be taters to know all the information that you also know?

J/k

This is irrelevant.

You’re one of the ones who argued if Napier and Chadwell were great coaches why has a P5 team not hired them.

Time to admit that was being unreasonable.
No it’s absolutely relevant. Within my first three posts on this forum I was attacked, for simply supporting the Beamer hire. So I attacked back.
Time for you to look in the mirror.

No it’s absolutely relevant. Within my first three posts on this forum I was attacked, for simply supporting the Beamer hire. So I attacked back.
Time for you to look in the mirror.

lol it's someone else's fault for your illogical posts?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT