ADVERTISEMENT

To the Baseball folks...

Aug 16, 2016
Can the posters with more info give me a rundown on what our lineup/position players are going to look like this season? I've got a pretty good feel for the pitching staff, but don't know too much about our fielding and hitting. Any info is much appreciated, and as always Go Cocks!!

The Prophet

There will be a platoon at 1B involving Williams and a couple new players. Destino is expected to play in left field or at DH. Lots of competition is still ongoing for just about all positions including DH, 2B, SS, 3B, CF, and RF. I think the lineup is going to be fluid for the next month or so as Holbrook gives different guys opportunities to win a spot. Bottom line is that there are so many good players that even Bride and Jones may be displaced from time to time.

I wrote a blog post a few weeks ago with a guess. At the time, I thought Danny Blair was a lock for center. But now, I think Cortes may have to be in the lineup and that means Hopkins will play center and Cortes might be in right. The infield is completely fluid. Lots of great new guys are competing for time.

Last edited:
Hop is starting in CF today. Olson in RF. Danny in LF.

We are back to the point of having many great players and only 9 positions.

Lineup for today -
Hop CF
Bride 3B
Destino DH
Cullen C
Stokes SS
Williams 1B
Olson RF
Tolbert 2B
Blair LF
Schmidt SP

Hop is starting in CF today. Olson in RF. Danny in LF.

We are back to the point of having many great players and only 9 positions.

Lineup for today -
Hop CF
Bride 3B
Destino DH
Cullen C
Stokes SS
Williams 1B
Olson RF
Tolbert 2B
Blair LF
Schmidt SP
Hmm. Thought Cortez would get a shot today.

There will be a platoon at 1B involving Williams and a couple new players. Destino is expected to play in left field or at DH. Lots of competition is still ongoing for just about all positions including DH, 2B, SS, 3B, CF, and RF. I think the lineup is going to be fluid for the next month or so as Holbrook gives different guys opportunities to win a spot. Bottom line is that there are so many good players that even Bride and Jones may be displaced from time to time.

I wrote a blog post a few weeks ago with a guess. At the time, I thought Danny Blair was a lock for center. But now, I think Cortes may have to be in the lineup and that means Hopkins will play center and Cortes might be in right. The infield is completely fluid. Lots of great new guys are competing for time.
To say that every infield position is up for grabs is not accurate. Likely only 1st base is even in question and that spot is Williams' to lose. We do have some good new talent, but you can bank on Bride at 3B and Stokes and LT in the middle. Cullen will catch the meaningful innings and as long as HT is hurt because it is hard to have JJ in the lineup because we only have 2 catchers. Looks like Blair, Cortez, Destino and Olsen will alternate between RF, LF and DH.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT