ADVERTISEMENT

Tony Romo found his calling

jjjpppbbb

Jun 10, 2010
He sounds like an excited little kid. You can tell he loves this. I like it. Not sure I like it better than the Buck/Aikman combo, but he is good.

Reactions: TRUEGARNET
He sounds like an excited little kid. You can tell he loves this. I like it. Not sure I like it better than the Buck/Aikman combo, but he is good.
That's funny. I was just sitting here thinking the commentary was absolutely awful. Didn't know it was Romo.

Romo did sound a little silly today. There were times where it seemed like someone had put an electric shock in his seat - especially after big plays. It seemed out of character with his other knowledgable insights.

That was him? I thought someone was slobbering over Brady way more than ususal. Also, spare me his time with his grandparents in Minnesota. It just is a bit much

Favorite Romo comment was when they showed golf balls being made with his face on them and his only comment was...why am I not getting paid for that.

I like romo. Like aikman too.
Really enjoy Romo's comments. He's unusual and new. Too me Aikman is unlistenable as he is always talking in this overly excited voice all the time. I mute the sound when he starts jabbering.

Romo is fantastic. There are too many announcers who spout the "whoever wants it more" crap, so when you have someone like Romo, who actually teaches you things during the game, it's extremely refreshing. Love his enthusiasm too.

Romo is fantastic. There are too many announcers who spout the "whoever wants it more" crap, so when you have someone like Romo, who actually teaches you things during the game, it's extremely refreshing. Love his enthusiasm too.
He got way too giddy with his Brady love. He compared the 10 point fourth quarter comeback yesterday to "maybe as great as last years Super Bowl comeback". His "he did it!, he did it!" at the end was a little bit too much.

Reactions: 92Pony
Have you ever stopped to think how odd the entire concept of sports commentary is? I mean, I know what's going on... but somehow the idea of just watching the game without someone telling me things doesn't seem right. It's really strange.

I think Romo gives better insight than any one else. His demeanor really doesn't come across badly and it's worth it to get his input. For example, when Bortles threw the pass wide to the receiver at the sideline, Romo said Bortles should have seen the linebacker was stacked on the tight end and was going to go with the receiver since the safety was lined up on the slot. I learn a lot from commentary like that. So I enjoy his insight.

And I don't like the cowboys.

Last edited:
Have you ever stopped to think how odd the entire concept of sports commentary is? I mean, I know what's going on... but somehow the idea of just watching the game without someone telling me things doesn't seem right. It's really strange.
I'm gonna guess the people on tv telling you about it know significantly more than you do, but that's just me guessing you didn't play the game professionally or at a major college level

I'm gonna guess the people on tv telling you about it know significantly more than you do, but that's just me guessing you didn't play the game professionally or at a major college level
Most of them didn't either, but that wasn't even my point. It's all good, move along.

Agree! Do you remember several years ago when one network actually broadcast a game with no commentary? IIRC all you could hear was crowd noise. Very strange! For some reason I remember the Jets being one of the teams?

He did get called out early in the season for "giving away too much" - to the viewers I guess, or maybe to opposing defenses?

I heard his 1st game, the one on Amazon Prime. I usually don't pay much attention to the announcers, but his insight was remarkable.

Reactions: rogue cock
Agree! Do you remember several years ago when one network actually broadcast a game with no commentary? IIRC all you could hear was crowd noise. Very strange! For some reason I remember the Jets being one of the teams?
I turn it off when I play on the XBox because it gets repetitive and annoying and it doesn't bother me I guess because I am doing something other than just watching. I seem to remember seeing on TV that in the early days of broadcasts they didn't have commentary and people hated it.

Most of them didn't either, but that wasn't even my point. It's all good, move along.
Gary danielson and romo are my two fav color guys, they both played qb and point out stuff I didn't notice. The commentary adds to my viewing experience so I disagree with your point that the idea of adding commentary to the broadcast is weird

Gary danielson and romo are my two fav color guys, they both played qb and point out stuff I didn't notice. The commentary adds to my viewing experience so I disagree with your point that the idea of adding commentary to the broadcast is weird
I said it was "really strange" that it's nearly impossible to watch the game without commentary.

Romo is my new favorite. I also enjoyed Jon Gruden.

Last edited:
AT&T used to pay Romo to sign autographs in their big party tent at The Masters. Everybody seemed to like him, he seems to be a nice guy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT