ADVERTISEMENT

Trying the understand the problem some of you have with Muschamp...

So far, I've heard he's a great defensive coach (c'mon guys, one year at Auburn, not even his players, gimme a break on that. Everywhere else he was a stud defensive coach). He's a great recruiter, and a he won't be out-worked by anyone, and heaven knows we need both of those. So the only two knocks on him is he had a bad offense his first time around, and his sideline demeanor is bad. So if you don't like him because of his sideline demeanor, think Frank Martin. He had issues, but I think Ray has done a good job dealing with that. So that leaves the offensive issue. If he hires a stud Offensive coordinator, would that make a difference, or are you at the point that there's no way Muschamp can ever produce a decent offense? I firmly believe he will live or die by the staff he brings on, so I sincerely hope he is given enough money to knock the staff part out of the park.

Now some of you are simply haters, (hate Frank Martin, Hate Will Muschamp, hate Ray Tanner), and won't change. So I don't really give a rat's arse about your opinion, this thread is for the normal fans that don't like the hire. (And oh, by the way, all you Frank Martin haters, just to rub it in a little, he's currently undefeated.)
Not a big fan of the hire but willing to give him an opportunity. If he hires a very good OC than they have a shot. Whether he is good or not is yet TBD. Cant knock his experience under some really good HC's and his abilities to coach D and recruit are undeniable. If he inherited a mess at Fla, what would you call what he's inheriting here? Going to be tougher here. Oh and pretty hard to title your thread as "trying to understand" when you argue everyones point rather than discuss.

Reactions: rogue cock
Not a big fan of the hire but willing to give him an opportunity. If he hires a very good OC than they have a shot. Whether he is good or not is yet TBD. Cant knock his experience under some really good HC's and his abilities to coach D and recruit are undeniable. If he inherited a mess at Fla, what would you call what he's inheriting here? Going to be tougher here. Oh and pretty hard to title your thread as "trying to understand" when you argue everyones point rather than discuss.

Tougher here? I think that depends on the staff he hires and his relationship with RT going forward. The OC will be critical, as will the recruiting aspect, so he will have to hire recruiting as well as coaching ability. But I do think his "on the job" training at Florida may be a big benefit, where many see it as a big drawback. As far as the thread, I am responding reasonably to what I think are reasonable posters. But don't care what a Florida fan thinks, and don't care what classic "Haters" think either.

Not a problem, and would feel the same were I in your shoes. And FWIW, you and thousands of Gator fans share in the joy of USC hiring Will Muschamp as head football coach. :)
Sad but true. Thanks for the input, G8r. 85 has been warned. I'll be looking for him soon when he's bitching about how poor of a coach Muschamp is like he has done so many times over the years with other coaches. Can't say you weren't warned, 85. Ignorance will not be an excuse for contradicting yourself with this hire.

Sad but true. Thanks for the input, G8r. 85 has been warned. I'll be looking for him soon when he's bitching about how poor of a coach Muschamp is like he has done so many times over the years with other coaches. Can't say you weren't warned, 85. Ignorance will not be an excuse for contradicting yourself with this hire.
Yes, I am on board with the hire, as I said before, because I trust RT to make the best decision, and this was the decision he made. And anyone that says he's a poor hire "soon" will be showing their own ignorance, as it will probably take 2-3 years before we know whether the hire was good or not.

Yes, I am on board with the hire, as I said before, because I trust RT to make the best decision, and this was the decision he made. And anyone that says he's a poor hire "soon" will be showing their own ignorance, as it will probably take 2-3 years before we know whether the hire was good or not.
How convenient. So we've got to wait 3 years to assess whether a previous failure at HC is once again failing at his job. I can only imagine the size of the hole that will be dug.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
In 109 years of playing football, the University of Florida had never given up as many yards in a game as it did under Will Muschamp. In the 60 years I've been on this earth, the University of Florida has never had a worse offense than what Will Muschamp crafted. Hopefully for Gamecock Nation, he has changed. Even without the issue of anger-management, his deficiencies as a head coach went far beyond simply not hiring a good offensive coordinator. The staff never meshed. There was virtually no player-development on offense. The recruiting on that side of the ball was mediocre, and roster-managemnt was terrible on both sides of the ball. No QB's, not enough o-linemen to hold a spring game, total lack of TE's & WR's who could play, and so few LB's that even this year UF only has about 4 playing and is forced to continually play a nickelback. There was no offensive philosophy or identity, other than to score once or twice and run out the clock.

He can recruit defensive talent and can generally coach that side of the ball. I have no doubt but that he gave his all at Florida and truly tried his best. But as for leading a program, I question how much he has learned and developed in one year as an assistant at Auburn. Good luck and congratulations.
Well, we can't say we weren't warned.

A year 4 HC with a 4yr QB should not have lost that game. The game plan looked like we were trying to be as vanilla as we could so we didn’t show our hand for later. Right now we aren’t good enough for that. Just like Florida last year, he repeated his mistake of sitting on the ball before the half. The punt inside the UNC 40 (4th and 3 maybe), is simply inexcusable. I feel like he is repeating his mistakes, and the team certainly doesn’t look any better now than they did.

And for what it is worth, I was on the give him time bandwagon until now.

So far, I've heard he's a great defensive coach (c'mon guys, one year at Auburn, not even his players, gimme a break on that. Everywhere else he was a stud defensive coach). He's a great recruiter, and a he won't be out-worked by anyone, and heaven knows we need both of those. So the only two knocks on him is he had a bad offense his first time around, and his sideline demeanor is bad. So if you don't like him because of his sideline demeanor, think Frank Martin. He had issues, but I think Ray has done a good job dealing with that. So that leaves the offensive issue. If he hires a stud Offensive coordinator, would that make a difference, or are you at the point that there's no way Muschamp can ever produce a decent offense? I firmly believe he will live or die by the staff he brings on, so I sincerely hope he is given enough money to knock the staff part out of the park.

Now some of you are simply haters, (hate Frank Martin, Hate Will Muschamp, hate Ray Tanner), and won't change. So I don't really give a rat's arse about your opinion, this thread is for the normal fans that don't like the hire. (And oh, by the way, all you Frank Martin haters, just to rub it in a little, he's currently undefeated.)
Make a long story short He I not worth a dam. And neither is his QB.

Reactions: ConKreteCock
In 109 years of playing football, the University of Florida had never given up as many yards in a game as it did under Will Muschamp. In the 60 years I've been on this earth, the University of Florida has never had a worse offense than what Will Muschamp crafted. Hopefully for Gamecock Nation, he has changed. Even without the issue of anger-management, his deficiencies as a head coach went far beyond simply not hiring a good offensive coordinator. The staff never meshed. There was virtually no player-development on offense. The recruiting on that side of the ball was mediocre, and roster-managemnt was terrible on both sides of the ball. No QB's, not enough o-linemen to hold a spring game, total lack of TE's & WR's who could play, and so few LB's that even this year UF only has about 4 playing and is forced to continually play a nickelback. There was no offensive philosophy or identity, other than to score once or twice and run out the clock.

He can recruit defensive talent and can generally coach that side of the ball. I have no doubt but that he gave his all at Florida and truly tried his best. But as for leading a program, I question how much he has learned and developed in one year as an assistant at Auburn. Good luck and congratulations.
Will you apply for our AD opening?

Ray is in a job that's way over his head. He's not an AD. Never has been.

There isn't any excuses Muschamp can hide behind any more. It's not his hires it's him. You know people say some guys are QB whisperers? We'll Muschamp is the exact opposite of that. He meddles in the offense QBs just play worse then they are and the offense just keeps on sucking. Hell I am blaming that last throw that would have won the game on Muschamp not Hilinski. He just makes QBs worse by being the coach of them. It's just a proven fact at this point.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
I love Frank. Always have, even before he coached a game here. My problem with Ray is he's just not cut out for AD, doesn't have the right skills for it. Experience is everything in that job, even more so than head coach. I will go to my grave thinking Riley was the better hire we could have made.

@robertfootball for AD. He is our prophet.

Wonder where we might be today if we had offered and landed Lincoln Riley.

No.

Dude, his defense has sucked since he’s been here. He’s an average to below average recruiter, and where does everyone get this idea that he won’t be “out-worked?” How do you know he’s a hard worker except for the fact that he says he is? Even his star QB Bentley said after they were dismantled by Clemson that they would never again be “out worked.” How did that end up? Muschamp just loves throwing out the word “work” therefore people get the impression he’s a hard worker. After every game he says the players can’t wait to get back to work. It’s just a term he uses that has no meaning to him. He’s probably a bum.

Dude, his defense has sucked since he’s been here. He’s an average to below average recruiter, and where does everyone get this idea that he won’t be “out-worked?” How do you know he’s a hard worker except for the fact that he says he is? Even his star QB Bentley said after they were dismantled by Clemson that they would never again be “out worked.” How did that end up? Muschamp just loves throwing out the word “work” therefore people get the impression he’s a hard worker. After every game he says the players can’t wait to get back to work. It’s just a term he uses that has no meaning to him. He’s probably a bum.
May want to look at the date of the post....hindsight is always 20/20,

Frank Martin = Mr. Mediocre! The man loses on purpose....more than once!

Some of ya’ll beed to realize this was a zombie thread from when Muschamp was hired and stop replying to posts made by people who haven’t been on this board in 3+ years! LOL

I haven’t read all the posts, but I will reply to the op. I don’t have any problem at all with Muschamp as a man. He seems knowledgeable about the game, works hard, and ran a clean program. I wish him all the best in his future endeavors. He simply was not and is not a head football coach. Cutting him loose was a year too late.

I haven’t read all the posts, but I will reply to the op. I don’t have any problem at all with Muschamp as a man. He seems knowledgeable about the game, works hard, and ran a clean program. I wish him all the best in his future endeavors. He simply was not and is not a head football coach. Cutting him loose was a year too late.
You are replying to a thread from when he was HIRED! Check the OP date, 2015... Some numbskull resurrected it because a link was posted in another thread recently and nobody is checking the dates on when this thing was started. SMH

You are replying to a thread from when he was HIRED! Check the OP date, 2015... Some numbskull resurrected it because a link was posted in another thread recently and nobody is checking the dates on when this thing was started. SMH
Sorry. I guess I should have read all the posts 😂

We needed a splash hire to get excited about and to excite the recruits.Not a guy trying to resurrect his career after failing measurably at a top 5 college football school fresh off of 2 national championships in 3 years.
He may be able to do well here and I hope so, but like I said we needed a splash hire to get excited about, not a coach that is making everyone laugh at us even more now. Just my .02cents.
And it appears we are about to do the same thing. Insanity.

Reactions: 75CarolinaFan

Damn

Wow, so your criteria is a coach who has never lost? No wonder you're unhappy with the candidates.

What a response. He said a coach who lost at UF does not have much chance of winning at USC. And you turn that into “your criteria is a coach that never lost?” Comprehension issues?

That's easy. Losing record and losing miserably 3 straight years with a decline in talent. Loading up on 2 and 3 start prospects at key positions. QB recruiting has been his only bright spot RV as well. Muschamp is a below avg evaluator of talent and that's crushing when you're going after 3 star guys. He has left us years behind at the reciever position. Muschamp is following his same history he had at UFO and that wont change. Hes only capable of pulling one big win a year. He also will never challenge clemmons at all. Out team is a laughing stock. This is my prob with muschamp. Other that hes great.

That's easy. Losing record and losing miserably 3 straight years with a decline in talent. Loading up on 2 and 3 start prospects at key positions. QB recruiting has been his only bright spot RV as well. Muschamp is a below avg evaluator of talent and that's crushing when you're going after 3 star guys. He has left us years behind at the reciever position. Muschamp is following his same history he had at UFO and that wont change. Hes only capable of pulling one big win a year. He also will never challenge clemmons at all. Out team is a laughing stock. This is my prob with muschamp. Other that hes great.
🤦‍♂️😂
This is really getting out of hand!

What a response. He said a coach who lost at UF does not have much chance of winning at USC. And you turn that into “your criteria is a coach that never lost?” Comprehension issues?
CAN YOU NOT SEE YOU ARE REPLYING TO A POST FROM 2015????? smh.

HELLO!!! 2015 HERE!! HELLO!!! GOOD JOB TAKING 5 YEARS TO RESPOND TO A POST!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT