ADVERTISEMENT

Unbelievable NC state eat up with covid19

Vaccinated players are not subject to routine testing per CWS protocols. NC State was previously unable to play the series with Duke early in the season due to Covid protocols. Gotta maximize your chances when you can.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Vaccinated players are not subject to routine testing per CWS protocols. NC State was previously unable to play the series with Duke early in the season due to Covid protocols. Gotta maximize your chances when you can.
So could this situation have been averted by players being vaccinated after earlier signs that they ought to be? I'm just trying to understand.

Last edited:
Reactions: redrogers
You are a moron. What has this Dr got to do do with some douchebag baseball player going outside of established tourney protocol and exposing a majority of his team? If I were the coach, I would send his dumbass home. Oh or maybe to your house!
Dude I think it's just a joke......dang

Reactions: redrogers
Guarantee if this had been Vanderbilt, Corbin would have demanded a delay. He would have gotten it too.

Reactions: TAV31
The testing schedule for Tier 1 individuals is outlined in the chart below. Fully vaccinated student-athletes and other Tier 1 individuals with no COVID-19-like symptoms may be exempt from routine testing. Student-athletes and other Tier 1 participants who are not vaccinated must continue to undergo testing at NCAA championships.
Seems to me this might be the key verbiage right here. "May" is used in the sense of a person receiving permission to do something.

Last edited:
I have personally known multiple people who have had false positives and false negatives. Considering that and how little chance it has of seriously affecting young healthy people, it is total bullshit if that don’t let them play, tantamount to the ncaa purposely throwing the whole CWS
I had a false negative. I was diagnosed from a medical exam.

And I know of university varsity athletes who have had serious cardiac issues related to Covid infection...

I have personally known multiple people who have had false positives and false negatives. Considering that and how little chance it has of seriously affecting young healthy people, it is total bullshit if that don’t let them play, tantamount to the ncaa purposely throwing the whole CWS

Those kids have a better chance of being struck by lightening or heart-based issues from the vaccine itself (currently 4x based on CDC data) than having any COVID complications. Its pathetic politics at the core.

Those kids have a better chance of being struck by lightening or heart-based issues from the vaccine itself (currently 4x based on CDC data) than having any COVID complications. Its pathetic politics at the core.

Can't imagine how many lawsuits there is going to be on all of this. It's good to see the inventor of the mRNA vaccine technology finally speaking out on the risks since our appointment government health bureaucrats seem to have other objectives.

I would say moderate. The three weeks of a dry hacking cough was the worst. At times I couldn't speak for it. Thanks for asking.

I had a cousin back in January that contracted Covid. He is 80 and has asthma, I called him at the time he had the virus and I could barely hear him. Surprisingly, he survived Covid at his age and with asthma.

Last edited:
According to sources, 2 unvaccinated NC State players tested positive for COVID-19 this week, prompting NCAA to test entire roster, including vaccinated players. 4 more positive tests came back, all from vaccinated individuals—who were in the dugout today:

This is also important: the positive tests from unvaccinated players triggered testing the vaccinated players as well, following procedures that were established in advance.

Reactions: bucketdad
According to sources, 2 unvaccinated NC State players tested positive for COVID-19 this week, prompting NCAA to test entire roster, including vaccinated players. 4 more positive tests came back, all from vaccinated individuals—who were in the dugout today:

This is also important: the positive tests from unvaccinated players triggered testing the vaccinated players as well, following procedures that were established in advance.
And that should trigger testing of vandy's roster also.

Reactions: Jbouton2
Seems to me that if they chose to test the NCS players then they should have tested the other teams’ players as well.
Yes. Regardless. It only seems fair given that vaccinated players who tested positive were also not allowed to play

Should of had everyone vaccinated a couple months ago.
So ,because NCSU sucked early on, the coach didn’t think a covid shot would have any significance ?….Who is going to get the axe? Fall on the sword? Take a morningstar to the groin?( going medieval)
Is this a Coaching staff thing?
Is this the AD?
Is this a BOT issue?
The NCSU President?
The NCAA will surely be Teflon.
I just can’t understand how this happened.

I had a cousin back in January that contract Covid. He is 80 and has asthma, I called him at the time he had the virus and I could barely hear him. Surprisingly, he survived Covid at his age and with asthma.
Good luck to you and the cousin you had back in January that "contract covid."

The wuflu has been devastating to so many souls undeserving of this outcome.

Hoping the cousin you had back in January has fully recovered.

This should not have happened. All they had to do was to get the vaccination. And there was ample time too. I feel bad for the team, because I thought they were the best team of the four remaining teams.

This should not have happened. All they had to do was to get the vaccination. And there was ample time too. I feel bad for the team, because I thought they were the best team of the four remaining teams.

Maybe they considered their long-term health over any baseball game?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT