ADVERTISEMENT

What are the most epic fails you have witnessed by clempson sport's teams

uscusc1987

May 30, 2008
Either in person or on TV or on the radio when they were banned from television.

National record for most points allowed in a bowl game against west Virginia.
National record for the longest losing streak against someone at a particular site. 50 plus losses in a row to UNC in basketball at UNC.
3 years probation with no TV or bowl game in football for being massive cheaters.
Blowing 21-6 lead against USC in football in 84 losing 22-21 for the first time ever in Orange pants.
Basketball teams overall record against tobacco road.
Music City meltdown against Kentucky.
Tate George shot to break that heart in the ncaa tourney.
Being 1 game from a shot at a baseball national title , but lose to USC twice and watch them win back to back national titles.
Being 3-5.against USC currently at football during the best 8 year span they have ever had.
Playing in the premier basketball confrence and being the all time doormat. Not even a nit title and we have 2.
Matt Ryan pass while at BC to steal ACC title from clempson at Clempson.
Having 1 decent team join the acc in football, FSU and in 60 fewer years they almost have as many ACC titles as clempson playing in such a sorry ass confrence.
Bowden losing to Marshall at home.
Bowden losing at duke on a 53 yard field goal as time expires at duke in front of 22,000 fans.
Calvin Johnson
. Women's hoops teams currently losing 40 plus straight acc games.
Chadlina Dean missing wide right to start Steve Spurriers ownership of clempson.
Punt rooskie
Bowden losing by 40 plus at weak florist in football.
45-0 bowl loss to Syracuse.
55-15 bowl loss to Texas Tech
5 losses to citadel at football.
All time losing record to Vanderbilt at football.
Maine baseball

Feel free to keep adding to list

Last edited:
Calvin Johnson? I'm sorry, why is he on there?

He was shut out by the Tigers in their famous purple nurple Thursday night game. I remember, because I watched the game (obv, only game on that night and I love football enough to watch and pull for them to lose) and the buddies I watched the game with made the biggest deal about that

I have Clemson friends that went to school there talk about academics at times when the issue comes up. Regular fans don't because most Clemson fans that I know didn't go to Clemson for school.

Out of the top 5-6 Clemson fans that I personally know, none of them actually went to school at Clemson.

A decent high school student in South Carolina can't get into Clemson anymore unless they go through the bridge program which allows Clemson to get students into Clemson but not count them in their average SAT numbers because those students aren't admitted as Freshman.

I know this is a sports forum, but you never hear the taters say anything about academics. All they have is football.

Reactions: Bbyers
October 1987, # 7, 6-0, Clemson at Home vs NC State, final NC State 30 Clemson 28

"Playing in on of the weakest basketball conference and never winning it."

USC has won both the ACC and SEC. Maybe the poor tater thinks we're in the Metro?

Leaving one second on the clock after scoring the go ahead touchdown in the national championship game against bama...really poor coaching on that one.

I know this is a sports forum, but you never hear the taters say anything about academics. All they have is football.
Yes, all we have is football. Well, that, and the second-highest APR behind Stanford. But other than that.....

My vote:

542b71f93a123652708d06283647ffb1.jpg

Calvin Johnson? I'm sorry, why is he on there?

He was shut out by the Tigers in their famous purple nurple Thursday night game. I remember, because I watched the game (obv, only game on that night and I love football enough to watch and pull for them to lose) and the buddies I watched the game with made the biggest deal about that
Caught game winning lob pass in corner of endzone with 20 seconds left after tech recovered. A snap by ckempson that went over kickers head that cost them the game at Clempson.

Caught game winning lob pass in corner of endzone with 20 seconds left after tech recovered. A snap by ckempson that went over kickers head that cost them the game at Clempson.

Clemson had a 10 point lead with under 2:00 left and lost...Calvin Johnson went crazy that game...

It's a reply to a similar topic about you guys on tigernet.
Exactly and not one USC fan would reply on tigernet because they would be banned. However, the moderators here allow them to do and say whatever they like.

Just cyi, nothing embarassing about this post. They have had many epic fails in sports and several directly against USC. I can't think of any time they have beat us anything worse than us send,g them home from Omaha 1 game away from a shot at a national title and then us winning it. Or 1984, the first team to ever beat them in those orunge britches they were so proud of co,i,g from 21-6 down to win 22-21. PS - anyone have extra NIT tickets to the gsme against mighty Oakland.

Didn't they trail one year at Wake, 35-0 at half and lose 42-17, in the early 2000's , that should be mentioned

-Them giving up a whole seven points to their rival in the football game this year. Makes me L-O-L.

-being 3-5 agianst us in the last 8 years also makes me laugh, I'll take that over the "exposure" from back to back national championship appearances and cashing in on one, that game will be one of the most forgettable national championship games.

-Also their best player striking out on a 3-2 count for us to seal the baseball series this year. Those taters think they can come to Columbia for a rubber match, should've just turned back around when they left Greenville.

For me it would be 2010 Omaha when we beat them back to back to get to the championship series...they were certain they were going to win. Satisfying on So many levels

I have Clemson friends that went to school there talk about academics at times when the issue comes up. Regular fans don't because most Clemson fans that I know didn't go to Clemson for school.

Out of the top 5-6 Clemson fans that I personally know, none of them actually went to school at Clemson.

A decent high school student in South Carolina can't get into Clemson anymore unless they go through the bridge program which allows Clemson to get students into Clemson but not count them in their average SAT numbers because those students aren't admitted as Freshman.
Do they bend the rules for everything they are involved with?

Exactly and not one USC fan would reply on tigernet because they would be banned. However, the moderators here allow them to do and say whatever they like.

I don't see why you try to draw a parallel between tigernet and this site. Tigernet isn't part of a larger site, like Rivals. It's basically a stand-alone site. It wasn't set up to be an interactive site like Rivals. I doubt any stand-alone sites for South Carolina allow Clemson posters, or any Auburn stand-alone sites allow Alabama posters, or any Duke stand-alone sites allow North Carolina posters, etc.

It's a reply to a similar topic about you guys on tigernet.
Thanks for clarifying. I was with king ward in wondering WTF... but this explains it.
Perhaps the original poster shouldn't assume that the rest of us have any knowledge, much less detailed knowledge, of what is posted on tigernet.

Thanks for clarifying. I was with king ward in wondering WTF... but this explains it.
Perhaps the original poster shouldn't assume that the rest of us have any knowledge, much less detailed knowledge, of what is posted on tigernet.
It really doesn't matter anyway. It's all stupid. For us to do it is especially stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT