ADVERTISEMENT

What was the rainiest game you ever attended at W-B? Let's get them all out of the way. LOL!

Navy game in 1955 at wB. Dont remember the score but midshipmen
played like they practiced in the Chesapeake Bay.

I am pretty sure the ECU Monsoon was in '92. 9 months later, my second son was born.
Not at W-B, but the Hall of Fame Bowl in '79 also belongs in discussion of rainy games.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
I am pretty sure the ECU Monsoon was in '92. 9 months later, my second son was born.
Not at W-B, but the Hall of Fame Bowl in '79 also belongs in discussion of rainy games.

Was that Hall of Fame Bowl in the Iron Bowl because if so that's the one I was thinking. What a dump!

Edit, not the Iron Bowl but Legion Field and I looked it up and that was in fact the one, YUCK!

Reactions: luv2hear2001
Guessing 94, 95
I saw that Kentucky guy run all over Carolina that night. It was a miserable game, and as I said earlier, was with my boss who was a Clemson trustee.
Maybe it was not raining as I said, and maybe it was so bad that I thought it ought to have rained. Anyway, could not have been in 94 or 95 as I was a half world away in Siberia.

96 ECU. I think it started raining early in the first quarter, and it poured. I really didn't get wet because I was in the south endzone and covered up by The Zone. I remember a fan running on the field at halftime and being tackled by the cops.

ECU was the worst rain I can ever remember at W/B, but the first year in the SEC, '92 or '93, first road trip was to Alabama. Monsoon! The pep band was right across the aisle from our seats and they looked like penguins in their rainsuits. All they could entertain us with was "I've fallen, and I can't get up". That was my first intro to Finebaum on the radio. Instant dislike!

What was the hottest game you attended that then ended up being the raniest game you ever attended that also included the greatest running back you ever saw that didn't ever play a down in the NFL?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT