ADVERTISEMENT

What will COCKY be wearing Saturday??

il_1588xN.605480957_2tmw.jpg

Sizes may vary.

On another note I rode by Sir Big Spurs home last Friday. Didn’t know he only lives about 15 min away.

Reactions: cockofdawn
I just died. Twice. 😆
Completely separate question, in general, are the men of this board behaving themselves from a female perspective? We joke around and it is a sports forum but we don’t want to offend (too much? Ha). Of course, the moderators may be killing posts before I see them. Oh well. Beat UK!

Completely separate question, in general, are the men of this board behaving themselves from a female perspective? We joke around band it is a sports forum but we don’t want to offend (too much? Ha). Of course, the moderators may be killing posts before I see them. Oh well. Beat UK!
I'm probably not the best female to ask, as very little offends me. I can throw it out there just as strong as guys can.

What gets to me is when some men on here try to mansplain to women how we should feel about things like sexual assault. Yeah...we don't ever need a man to do that.

All this to say, overall I think the majority of the men on here behave themselves. My line in the sand is my kid. Say something about/to him, and I will destroy you.

I was runner up in the competition to be big spur in 1981. Got beat by the dude that went on to become a professional mascot. It wasnt close. Smdh

I remember that... John Routh

In 1981, as part of five consecutive trips leading Miami to the College World Series, Fraser saw South Carolina’s Cocky the Gamecock. An undergraduate student named John Routh had helped create Cocky and his performance as Cocky mesmerized Fraser.

With the Hurricanes playing South Carolina in Columbia, Fraser tasked Remmert with recruiting Routh to South Florida to become The Miami Maniac.

Reactions: Cybercock
I remember that... John Routh

In 1981, as part of five consecutive trips leading Miami to the College World Series, Fraser saw South Carolina’s Cocky the Gamecock. An undergraduate student named John Routh had helped create Cocky and his performance as Cocky mesmerized Fraser.

With the Hurricanes playing South Carolina in Columbia, Fraser tasked Remmert with recruiting Routh to South Florida to become The Miami Maniac.

That is correct. He (big spur) wore a tuxedo and had a cane and danced to "just a gigolo." I didn't stand a chance

There was no mrs big spur. I was really disappointed because that was the year the team went [and lost] to Hawaii and i wanted the trip

I missed going to Hawaii that year, had to cut the roster down, but it was expected... Long trip and a wonderful place to play football. I believe we're 0-2 playing Hawaii at Hawaii... And can you blame them losing to Hawaii... I bet today would be a different story... Travel is still bad, but it's not as bad as the 70's or 80's traveling to Hawaii from South Carolina... You can say the same playing Southern Cal there 1980 and here 1983...

Completely separate question, in general, are the men of this board behaving themselves from a female perspective? We joke around and it is a sports forum but we don’t want to offend (too much? Ha). Of course, the moderators may be killing posts before I see them. Oh well. Beat UK!
It’s the political crap and just finger pointing & arguing & negative attitudes in general that displays the worst behavior this board has to offer.
The ladies don’t seem to contribute much in the endless waste of time threads & most still use a little grace where the ladies are concerned. The thread titles don’t mean anything about the content because by about the 4/5th post it’s converted to a middle school argument

It’s the political crap and just finger pointing & arguing & negative attitudes in general that displays the worst behavior this board has to offer.
The ladies don’t seem to contribute much in the endless waste of time threads & most still use a little grace where the ladies are concerned. The thread titles don’t mean anything about the content because by about the 4/5th post it’s converted to a middle school argument
Another thing is the double standard applied when older women notice attractive younger athletes (ahem - Kyle Martin 😍 ), it's frowned upon, but you old men drooling over the younger co-eds/beach volleyball players/cheerleaders/dance team is widely accepted as "normal".

I may be older, but I'm neither dead nor blind. And the day I stop recognizing that baseball pants are God's gift to women is the day you'll put me in the ground.

Last edited:
There was no mrs big spur. I was really disappointed because that was the year the team went [and lost] to Hawaii and i wanted the trip
I apologize as I now realize we're talking about 2 different characters. I was born in SC but never lived there till 1982. So I just know Cocky. And there was always a Mrs. Cocky on parents day.

I missed going to Hawaii that year, had to cut the roster down, but it was expected... Long trip and a wonderful place to play football. I believe we're 0-2 playing Hawaii at Hawaii... And can you blame them losing to Hawaii... I bet today would be a different story... Travel is still bad, but it's not as bad as the 70's or 80's traveling to Hawaii from South Carolina... You can say the same playing Southern Cal there 1980 and here 1983...
propeller planes back in those olden days.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT