ADVERTISEMENT

Who are you betting on as far as the next baseball coach?

I still think it's O Sullivan. His buyout drops 250,000 after July 1, therefore we have a quarter of a million reasons to wait another week.

If it was someone else I feel like it would already be done. I do worry about a change of heart after winning it all....

I think he's closer to leaving than many on this board suggest.
I think you're right. Ray said it's going to be "around the holiday."

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
th

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
All I know is this week Ray said this is a top3-5 job in the country...if that's the case why would he hire a lower tier coach? not going to make him look real smart.
Because a top tier coach is doing quite fine where he is (good salary) with good AD support and no reason to jump into our pressure cooker.

I think we all want that. I just hope regardless of who Tanner brings in, it will ignite that enthusiasm in all of USC fans.
You already know how this goes.....some will proclaim him to be the best coach in the country (in some form or fashion), others will decry that he was Tanner's 10th choice (naming or not the missed nine) and the rest will prod, ridicule and finally get frustrated will the two groups.

Reactions: 92Pony
You already know how this goes.....some will proclaim him to be the best coach in the country (in some form or fashion), others will decry that he was Tanner's 10th choice (naming or not the missed nine) and the rest will prod, ridicule and finally get frustrated will the two groups.
Truth!!

That is what is driving folks crazy. Some act as if they have a right to know exactly everything that happens when it happens.
And others are just interested to see what info is out there on the coaching search and get tired of hearing your hollier than thou attitude

I think you're right. Ray said it's going to be "around the holiday."
Unfortunately, O'Sullivan is also in a great spot to use us to get a great new deal and everything he wants at Florida. Their AD is playing with fire if he let's the man go without offering him the world. I hope we get him, but I'm not counting on it.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Here is one that is completely off the screen....Andy Lopez former HC at Arizona. He was the one that cost us our 3rd consecutive Nat Champ. I will be shocked if O'Sullivan even considers it. Looks like the alleged Tom Herman fiasco made the AD office tight lipped on talking about coaching hires.

Here is one that is completely off the screen....Andy Lopez former HC at Arizona. He was the one that cost us our 3rd consecutive Nat Champ. I will be shocked if O'Sullivan even considers it. Looks like the alleged Tom Herman fiasco made the AD office tight lipped on talking about coaching hires.
Andy's a pretty good coach. But he's been out of the game for 2 years.

Andy's a pretty good coach. But he's been out of the game for 2 years.
I'd just like to have whoever his hitting coach was. I remember those guys hit the ball all over the park against us in that championships series in 2012.

He said the mod there posted it in an update yesterday. I'm dubious because I haven't seen anything on any other sites but that's what I was told
So John Whittle says the next coach is the USF guy?

Thanks for the clarification.
Sorry man, I know FGF has rules about posting stuff from competing sites. And like I said, I'm not a subscriber and don't think that guy's a particular guru or anything like some do. Just trying to talk about the search and follow the forum rules

Some Lesser known candidate someone not high profile and relatively low salary that Tanner has identified as future star in the coaching ranks a Lincoln Riley or Willie Taggart for baseball type that he feels is about to take off.

Some Lesser known candidate someone not high profile and relatively low salary that Tanner has identified as future star in the coaching ranks a Lincoln Riley or Willie Taggart for baseball type that he feels is about to take off.
You make a good point. People praised Ray because of his baseball instincts. Maybe we should trust those same baseball instincts here.

Reactions: Gradstudent
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT