ADVERTISEMENT

Who wants to live in big cities?

If you're speaking of Trump...he ended all the red tape crap that slowed the economy. He got Isreal's capital moved, out of those unfair trade deals, requires the rest of the world to pay their fair share to NATO for military support, OMG, i could go on and on...

Obama was the worst president ever on many levels!!!!!!
As contrary as this may sound to my last post- I do not agree Obama was the worst President ever. Bush Sr or Jimmy Carter get that designation from me... Obama did a lot of really great things to help bring America back from the financial ruin caused by Bill Clinton’s policies that forced banks into unsound lending practices. Obama was perhaps the greatest orator I have seen and did a wonderful job of communicating with America in a way that made everyone “feel good”, Obama got Bin Laden- say whatever you like, he ordered the raid, he made the call he gets the credit- Obama did plenty of good and had great intentions... Where he failed was on foreign policy. He let America get taken advantage of on every deal he signed with allies and enemies alike (IRAN amirite?) and after bent over and let everyone have a turn he went on a world wide apology tour. He lit the fires of division that are burning in this country today and Trump’s unabashed push back against that has stoked the flames into an inferno. Obama made mistakes but he was far from our worst president, I truly believe he is a good man and full disclosure- remember when I said in my last post I voted for Trump? I voted for OBAMA in his first term as well. I don’t think I voted at all during his second term because I was about sick of his BS, thought his VP was an absolute FOOL and hated the Republican candidate...

If privacy was such a concern no one would have a iPhone. That's just a cop out
I certainly have an issue with privacy on my phone. My bank account was hacked last week. It also represents the free exchange of information... Background checks do not.

You kinda did...with no background checks how are you going to control who is allowed to buy guns?
Well you said “give guns”. I don’t give guns to anyone. I don’t know anyone that does... I don’t have all the answers. ...As a law abiding citizen, I value my privacy, and I know the NRA is fighting against that encroachment.

If you're speaking of Trump...he ended all the red tape crap that slowed the economy. He got Isreal's capital moved, out of those unfair trade deals, requires the rest of the world to pay their fair share to NATO for military support, OMG, i could go on and on...

Obama was the worst president ever on many levels!!!!!!
While he did roll back some requirements the economy didn’t change on any significant level. Things have continued on the same path they had been for years. They did slow some post 2016 but that’s just a result of everything hitting a peak. Growth forever just can’t happen so that’s just a natural leveling of the curve.

In terms of the trade deals I would encourage you to actually read what they are and not just the celebration of something new happening.

While he did roll back some requirements the economy didn’t change on any significant level. Things have continued on the same path they had been for years. They did slow some post 2016 but that’s just a result of everything hitting a peak. Growth forever just can’t happen so that’s just a natural leveling of the curve.

In terms of the trade deals I would encourage you to actually read what they are and not just the celebration of something new happening.
Do you have some of that reading material?

People’s inability to think for themselves is the biggest enemy. The people telling you the media is the enemy are just trying to get you to look at the news sources that slant their way.

See, I disagree on this. There are people trying to sell you on their media, and the other side has people trying to sell you on their media.

Neither is truthful, and I believe both are destructive.

IMHO, the media is fanning these flames more than just about anyone, and so yes, I do think they (agenda driven media) are the enemy of a free, peaceful nation.

Now each side chimes in with "the other side are really the bad ones". And they're both right.

I think anti-Trump people really believe some of this, so let’s set the record straight. People did not vote for Trump as a joke and they did not do it because they are fools who fell for his snake oil sales pitches... They did it because many in this country are tired of the out of control PC culture/cancel culture/ group think BS that has taken over America. We watched for years as good people would be completely destroyed in the press if they so much as said one wrong word or just got ACCUSED of something a few people found offensive and America turned on them and completely ended their careers, ruined their personal lives and all these people could seem to do was cower in fear and beg for forgivenesses for seemingly insignificant mistakes or slips of the tongue or OLD videos that surfaced of them saying or doing something some people don’t like... All of a sudden that person is shunned/life over. Trump was the first person in YEARS who pushed back on that and just flat ignored the voices calling for his “cancellation” and pushed on through the noise to win an unlikely Republican nomination... Many may vote solely along party lines but he WON because much of America is sick of being told how to think and how to feel by hypocrites who do just as much if not more evil behind closed doors than the people they “cancel” when the cameras are rolling. Trump may not be a “nice guy” and he is not as eloquent of a speaker as Obama, but I would NEVER have voted for Hilary and Trump stood for a push back against all the out of control hate being poured on white America, on police officers, on the ideals my parents’ and their parents were raised on. People try to twist conservative values to imply they are aligned with hate speech and he was unapologetic in embracing those values and shoving his middle finger in the face of anyone who challenged him while all other politicians tried to play both sides and cowered in fear every time the media tried to wag a finger at them. That is why he won, that is why he will likely win again in November. Because regardless of what the media keeps telling us we “have to believe”- the majority of America still feels that we should be able to live our lives the way we want and believe what we want. The majority believe in the rule of law, the majority believe that police want to help more than they want to hurt, most of America are Christians (I am not but most are) and he has not shied away from openly touting his faith which resonates with many... most of America was just tired of feeling like we should be apologizing to everyone for everything. That’s me BTW- I AM “most of America” who is sick of that BS. That is what “MAGA” means. We are going to stop acting like America is some mess we should apologize for and start acting like we run the fkn WORLD again because WE DO. This is the greatest country on Earth not some mistake we should all be ashamed of. Trump tapped into THAT, and rode it all the way to the White House.

I am neither a staunch liberal or conservative but I did vote for Trump, and if the brain dead fool running against him on the Dem ticket currently is our only other option in November I will likely do it again because of what I wrote above.
We’re you just as concerned with his favorite networks doing the same thing? You can’t sing the praises of someone attacking the media while extolling the virtues of another network that is doing the same thing. He doesn’t just attack the media for positive change but anything he doesn’t think is “nice”.

In terms of faith speaking and doing are two different things. When Paula White is your spiritual advisor I don’t think that speaks much to your faith.

See, I disagree on this. There are people trying to sell you on their media, and the other side has people trying to sell you on their media.

IMHO, the media is fanning these flames more than just about anyone, and so yes, I do think they (agenda driven media) are the enemy of a free, peaceful nation.

Now each side chimes in with "the other side are really the bad ones". And they're both right.
Actually we agree on this. People have promoted the current media mess and they all think it’s just one way. That why I said the people are really their own worst enemy because they’ve fostered a culture where they don’t want to think and want things spoon fed to them.

Reactions: Gamecock Lifer
We’re you just as concerned with his favorite networks doing the same thing? You can’t sing the praises of someone attacking the media while extolling the virtues of another network that is doing the same thing. He doesn’t just attack the media for positive change but anything he doesn’t think is “nice”.

In terms of faith speaking and doing are two different things. When Paula White is your spiritual advisor I don’t think that speaks much to your faith.
I did not directly mention anything about one media network over another in my comments, much less “extole the virtue” of one vs another- what are you talking about?

If you want my take on the media- News no longer exists in America today. Perfect example- yesterday I turned on the news and Fox had nothing but violent looters trashing NYC and all of their talk and headlines focused on the out of control terrorism engulfing US cities... Then I tubed to CNN and it was all about how “Evil Trump gases peaceful protests for a photo opp”. So- which is it? Are our cities overrun with anarchist terrorist organizations trying to kill us all or is the government attacking peaceful protesters with military force?

NEWS= FACTS
Our media today is no longer “news”, it is all opinion pieces slanted to illicit the most violent reaction from their target audience. The news is sowing the seeds of division in this country and social media takes it to a whole other level as people can just unfollow any view points they disagree with and have their feeds filled with all manner of unchecked nonsense that reinforces what they already believed creating an echo chamber effect that causes us to actually believe no opinions are right or should matter but our own. This leads to what we see in the streets today- lost souls thinking they are the only ones who are right and must FORCE their opinions on the rest of America and that no matter how awful their actions are they are justified doing them because they think their opinions are FACTS.

That is my take on the media- Fox and CNN can both catch these hands (as the kids say these days... Or is that old now too?)

Exactly

Fox had nothing but violent looters trashing NYC and all of their talk and headlines focused on the out of control terrorism engulfing US cities... Then I tubed to CNN and it was all about how “Evil Trump gases peaceful protests for a photo opp”. So- which is it?
One is more true than the other, in my opinion.

Reactions: Expro19
Actually we agree on this. People have promoted the current media mess and they all think it’s just one way. That why I said the people are really their own worst enemy because they’ve fostered a culture where they don’t want to think and want things spoon fed to them.

I'll buy that. I just use the phrase "enemy of the people" when I discuss the press, but I see where you're saying that's on the public for clamoring for it.

But I do believe strongly that slanted news with agendas are a very bad thing for our country. Even into "enemy" type areas...

One is more true than the other, in my opinion.
Of course- so, which one? More importantly though why? See that is the issue here- how do any of us know which is more true? We rely on the news to tell us the truth and when they put their own political slant on the news we get to the point where two different stories are being told about the same events depending on which channel you watch... Where do we get the facts from now?

I did not directly mention anything about one media network over another in my comments, much less “extole the virtue” of one vs another- what are you talking about?

If you want my take on the media- News no longer exists in America today. Perfect example- yesterday I turned on the news and Fox had nothing but violent looters trashing NYC and all of their talk and headlines focused on the out of control terrorism engulfing US cities... Then I tubed to CNN and it was all about how “Evil Trump gases peaceful protests for a photo opp”. So- which is it? Are our cities overrun with anarchist terrorist organizations trying to kill us all or is the government attacking peaceful protesters with military force?

NEWS= FACTS
Our media today is no longer “news”, it is all opinion pieces slanted to illicit the most violent reaction from their target audience. The news is sowing the seeds of division in this country and social media takes it to a whole other level as people can just unfollow any view points they disagree with and have their feeds filled with all manner of unchecked nonsense that reinforces what they already believed creating an echo chamber effect that causes us to actually believe no opinions are right or should matter but our own. This leads to what we see in the streets today- lost souls thinking they are the only ones who are right and must FORCE their opinions on the rest of America and that no matter how awful their actions are they are justified doing them because they think their opinions are FACTS.

That is my take on the media- Fox and CNN can both catch these hands (as the kids say these days... Or is that old now too?)
I agree with that. My point is the “taking on the media” is one sided and if the big push is on getting back to news that pressure needs to be applied across the board not just because you like the slant one does over the other. My biggest concern is the growing number of people who see Fox News as too balanced. When people start looking for the most extreme spin possible the problem isn’t the media.

People’s inability to think for themselves is the biggest enemy. The people telling you the media is the enemy are just trying to get you to look at the news sources that slant their way.
Who is thinking for them?. It's no cop out, I said media... All Main Stream Media.

I agree with that. My point is the “taking on the media” is one sided and if the big push is on getting back to news that pressure needs to be applied across the board not just because you like the slant one does over the other. My biggest concern is the growing number of people who see Fox News as too balanced. When people start looking for the most extreme spin possible the problem isn’t the media.
Oh sure- there should be sweeping reform to how news is reported. I think the government can do it without limiting free press too. There is a rather simple solution that harkens back to those ancient rags we used to call “news papers”- they reported the facts in one clearly labeled section of the paper and then if you wanted to read dear abby or editorial opinions.. there was an “opinion” section. Simply require that for media to be identified as “news”, only facts can be reported. If they want to spend their time preaching “Trump is God” rhetoric, they have to call their channel/ show “Fox OPINION”... If CNN wants to have Anderson Cooper curse out the president and vomit on camera after every remark Trump makes, they are now “CON” (ironic turn of events what adding Opinion to their name turned their abbreviation into LOL)... You get the point. There used to be a thing called journalistic integrity and I am not sure who murdered it or why we sit back and ignore this problem as a society but we need now more than ever to have a news source with true journalistic integrity. As far as I know it does not exist today.

Reactions: Dizzy01
Of course- so, which one? More importantly though why? See that is the issue here- how do any of us know which is more true? We rely on the news to tell us the truth and when they put their own political slant on the news we get to the point where two different stories are being told about the same events depending on which channel you watch... Where do we get the facts from now?
Facts are an amalgam of all perspectives.

Agreed but they are only providing what people are asking for and that is the problem.
I don't believe that.. I think they are providing their ideology. They are trying to persuade their audience to believe as they believe.

I don't believe that.. I think they are providing their ideology. They are trying to persuade their audience to believe as they believe.
They care about ratings and advertising dollars. If people stopped watching they would change their tune. There is a reason certain anchors are gone from channels once they show any level of actual honest reporting.

They care about ratings and advertising dollars. If people stopped watching they would change their tune. There is a reason certain anchors are gone from channels once they show any level of actual honest reporting.
Obviously CNN and MSNBC care nothing about ratings. It's all day bash Trump no matter what

Reactions: cocks rule
Thanks you. What have you gathered from it?
Thanks you. What have you gathered from it?
Depends on the deal. The new trade deal with Mexico and Canada has some provisions that would increase production in North America in that it slightly increases in the amount of products that have to be produced in one of the three countries as opposed to importing from somewhere else but odds aren’t good anyone is going to open a new plant just for an 11% increase (I think that’s what it was but it’s been a while since I read it). Even if they did they are probably likely to expand operations wherever the current plants are which are primarily south of our border. It does help American workers in that there were mandatory minimum wage requirements for auto workers but I don’t know how many places were paying less than 16/hr anyway. Mexico also gained the option of unionizing their auto plants but I don’t know enough about the Mexican work force to know if that’s really going to make a difference.

There are some real benefits for farmers especially wine makers. Again I’ve never really studied the wine industry enough to know how much market they would gain in Canada from that but if it’s in the bill I’m hoping it’s substantial.

Overall though it keeps most of the same free trade agreements and has no real provisions for increased US production. It’s a lot of hope that companies will do it but with no penalty for paying lower wages at current plants in Mexico it seems highly unlikely. To me I don’t see where it did anything to change the real criticism of NAFTA in that it just encourages moving business out of the US.

The deals with China have just been about waiving tariffs at this point. No real increases have been agreed upon so it’s not going to move then needle on exports even back to pretariff levels. Thus far the agreements have consisted of China agreeing to buy more goods if they can’t get them from existing trade partners. So really all it means is if they need 200 tons of soybeans and they get 100 from us but Mexico can only do 90 then rather than looking for a new deal with Australia for the other 10 they’d come back to us for the difference. That might make some increases but there are also no real penalties if they go ahead and go to Australia anyway.

It’s a lot of good intention but the results are all on hope. I still hold that the biggest impact on trade and the economy would have been to tie the tax breaks to increased US productions. You want to pay less taxes increase jobs and/or production in the US. The giveaways for nothing in return never produces results.

Obviously CNN and MSNBC care nothing about ratings. It's all day bash Trump no matter what
I know Fox likes the most watched moniker but MSNBC and CNN combine for a higher viewership number and they’ve decided to keep fighting each other for the bigger slice of the pie. I would love to see a real independent news network that covered things down the middle and find out how much people are really interested in news versus being told what they want to hear.

Reactions: ClowneyPosse
I know Fox likes the most watched moniker but MSNBC and CNN combine for a higher viewership number and they’ve decided to keep fighting each other for the bigger slice of the pie. I would love to see a real independent news network that covered things down the middle and find out how much people are really interested in news versus being told what they want to hear.
I don't know about that. I think it was January this year when I last checked on any given Primetime evening MSNBC had 1.7 million and CNN had 1.18... compared to FNC having 2.9 million. So, it's close but not quite.

I don't know about that. I think it was January this year when I last checked on any given Primetime evening MSNBC had 1.7 million and CNN had 1.18... compared to FNC having 2.9 million. So, it's close but not quite.
I think for April is was about 3.9 for CNN and MSNBC and 3.6 for FOX but the gap is bigger in that 25-54 demographic that everyone goes after. That’s the one where they determine the disposable income lies and therefore adverting money is bigger and that drives everything.

For umptenth time I’m a Republican. Why is it impossible for a Republican to hate Trump. Why is it impossible for a Republican to think he is immoral and not fit to run this country. And why doesn’t all true Republicans think this way?

He’s the closest thing to moral you’ve got if indeed your pro life, pro religion pro jobs and anti violence........ what else could you ask for?

that gets Ratings though... Trump himself watches it. Even if people hate CNN they will watch sometimes to see what incendiary things they say. I remember they talked about this regarding shock jocks back in the day. They would get great ratings ESPECIALLY from the demographics most offended by them because “they wanted to see what Howard Stern would say next”...

Moral? You can't be a serious person. He hasn't been moral a day in his life, much less a minute. He epitomizes amorality. If you think otherwise, you know nothing about him or anything he's done in his life. You should read up on who he actually is and not buy into who he keeps telling you he is. The hardest part about exposing a con man is getting past the embarrassment of admitting you were conned.

Reactions: ClowneyPosse
that gets Ratings though... Trump himself watches it. Even if people hate CNN they will watch sometimes to see what incendiary things they say. I remember they talked about this regarding shock jocks back in the day. They would get great ratings ESPECIALLY from the demographics most offended by them because “they wanted to see what Howard Stern would say next”...
My point is that FNC beats there ratings if you add the 2 networks together. If they cared about ratings over ideology it seems they would mix in another view point.

As contrary as this may sound to my last post- I do not agree Obama was the worst President ever. Bush Sr or Jimmy Carter get that designation from me... Obama did a lot of really great things to help bring America back from the financial ruin caused by Bill Clinton’s policies that forced banks into unsound lending practices. Obama was perhaps the greatest orator I have seen and did a wonderful job of communicating with America in a way that made everyone “feel good”, Obama got Bin Laden- say whatever you like, he ordered the raid, he made the call he gets the credit- Obama did plenty of good and had great intentions... Where he failed was on foreign policy. He let America get taken advantage of on every deal he signed with allies and enemies alike (IRAN amirite?) and after bent over and let everyone have a turn he went on a world wide apology tour. He lit the fires of division that are burning in this country today and Trump’s unabashed push back against that has stoked the flames into an inferno. Obama made mistakes but he was far from our worst president, I truly believe he is a good man and full disclosure- remember when I said in my last post I voted for Trump? I voted for OBAMA in his first term as well. I don’t think I voted at all during his second term because I was about sick of his BS, thought his VP was an absolute FOOL and hated the Republican candidate...
Greatest Orator? Are you kidding? He could not answer a question on the spot if his life depended on it....He needed a teleprompter to get his thoughts to flow smoothly...

Michelle was even worse...for her to be Harvard educated...she could not complete sentences without saying, um, u know, in every sentence...check out her interview with Mike Huckabee...

Orator, he was not...Trump beats him hands down...he can think on the spot...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT