ADVERTISEMENT

Yellowstone

I have to say that this seasons episodes have been a bit mild compared to the previous seasons. It also seems to be more commercial breaks this season. Ready for Rip and crew to start busting things up.
Beth is the most popular character amongst ladies. A good bit of the first episodes have been centered around her and her potty mouth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ratheolcoach
I finally decided to watch it and now we don't have the channel (or whatever you call it) that it's on.

Reactions: 92Pony
I have to say that this seasons episodes have been a bit mild compared to the previous seasons. It also seems to be more commercial breaks this season. Ready for Rip and crew to start busting things up.
Maybe, but that’s hard not to do when the first episode started off like it did…anything but mild.

I finally decided to watch it and now we don't have the channel (or whatever you call it) that it's on.
Same! We were able to watch S1E1, and then we’re informed we’d need a subscription to watch. Dangit….

It's on Paramount. You can get that stand alone I think.
We get the Paramount network with YTTv, but to stream all of the seasons, I think we’d have to pay for the separate Paramount service (if I understand it correctly). And, I’m cheap, so….. lol!

Last edited:
We get the Paramount next work with YTTv, but to stream all of the seasons, I think we’d have to pay for the separate Paramount service (if I understand it correctly). And, I’m cheap, so….. lol!
I have YT tv and don’t have that issue. They just had a marathon. You could have added it to your library and it would’ve recorded Al seasons. Start to finish.

This season has been tame and a bit disappointing until the last two weeks where things look like they are ramping up for a big finale. We will see. Once you start watching this series, it's hard to let go. Kevin Costner as John Dutton is a strong character. A man with morals and unwavering principals, but who also lives by what he thinks is just, not necessarily legal. Son Kayce is so likable and wants to stay loyal to his dad, but is compromised by his wife Monica and son Tate. Beth is quite a character, full of piss and vinegar. Rip is a man's man who is in love with Beth and loyal to John Dutton no matter what. Outcast son Jamie is the character nobody likes. Not sure why Jimmie is such a fixture in this series and IMO takes up valuable program time that could be spent on somebody else. We'll see what tonight's finale has in store. Hear its something big.

Last edited:
Reactions: FORKCOCK
The disappointment is in the fact that Yellowstone mainly became a method for cross-promotion for the other products for the writer/producer.

Sheridan buys the 6666 ranch in Texas. Well, we need to send a character down to the ranch to promote it. Along with a bunch of rodeo scenes that stop any momentum on the show.
Sheridan starts 1883. Well, we need to have storylines that mesh more with 1883 then the current arcs.
Sheridan has Mayor of Kingstown. Well, let's have 1,000 commercials for 1883 and Mayor of Kingstown and then kill off a character because he's on Mayor of Kingstown now.

So, the show is more of 75% focus on turning Beth into a cartoon and 25% of hyping up other products.

Hopefully, the finale will get back on track.

I have YT tv and don’t have that issue. They just had a marathon. You could have added it to your library and it would’ve recorded Al seasons. Start to finish.
I saw what looked to be the tail end of the marathon earlier today. :(. I added it to my library. Over some time I guess I’ll see if I can accumulate all the seasons/episodes. ;-)

The disappointment is in the fact that Yellowstone mainly became a method for cross-promotion for the other products for the writer/producer.

Sheridan buys the 6666 ranch in Texas. Well, we need to send a character down to the ranch to promote it. Along with a bunch of rodeo scenes that stop any momentum on the show.
Sheridan starts 1883. Well, we need to have storylines that mesh more with 1883 then the current arcs.
Sheridan has Mayor of Kingstown. Well, let's have 1,000 commercials for 1883 and Mayor of Kingstown and then kill off a character because he's on Mayor of Kingstown now.

So, the show is more of 75% focus on turning Beth into a cartoon and 25% of hyping up other products.

Taylor Sheridan does seem to be distracted with the other new series and it does appear this season's Yellowstone episodes have been compromised as a result. Agree with you and hope the finale will get this blockbuster cable series back on track.

Reactions: woodruffcock
Taylor Sheridan does seem to be distracted with the other new series and it does appear this season's Yellowstone episodes have been compromised as a result. Agree with you and hope the finale will get this blockbuster cable series back on track.
Even creative people can get stretched too thin.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
Yes this season has been disappointing. I have enjoyed Billions.

Reactions: woodruffcock
So my brother was a huge fan of this show and tried to turn me on to it. I watched the first season and half, and could never fully get into it. I am from New Jersey, and a lot of people said it was like the Sopranos just out west. So, as I said, I gave it a try.

I have two huge problems with the show. One, was when watching a show or a movie etc you have to have some empathy for a character, not always the main character, but it helps a lot if it is the main character. When watching Yellowstone, I have no empathy for Costner's character. He is a scumbag, in every sense of the word. I mentioned the Soproanos comparison above because that is what made the Sopraons was that you actually felt empathy for Tony, you cared about him. Having the head of crime syndicate go to therapy was a stroke of genius by David Chase. Costner is the same scumbag as Tony Soprano, without me caring about him.

In conjunction with how terrible he is as a person is just the arbitrary killing that goes on in the show. At some point, you eventually get arrested for continually killing people, well except in Yellowstone. I think I gave it a fair shot. I will say this, Rip is the only reason to care about the show whatsoever.

Again, hate to get to deep here, but even a show like Seinfeld which is about a group of people who honestly despicable humans, the way the show was written you sort of care about them. I honestly dont care about Costner, his daughter, or anyone else in the show

We get the Paramount network with YTTv, but to stream all of the seasons, I think we’d have to pay for the separate Paramount service (if I understand it correctly). And, I’m cheap, so….. lol!
Correct, you won't find Yellowstone on Paramount+. Which is a bit ironic since the show airs on the Paramount network. While the show is a Paramount show, NBC owns the streaming rights, which means you'll need the Peacock network.

Reactions: 92Pony
So my brother was a huge fan of this show and tried to turn me on to it. I watched the first season and half, and could never fully get into it. I am from New Jersey, and a lot of people said it was like the Sopranos just out west. So, as I said, I gave it a try.

I have two huge problems with the show. One, was when watching a show or a movie etc you have to have some empathy for a character, not always the main character, but it helps a lot if it is the main character. When watching Yellowstone, I have no empathy for Costner's character. He is a scumbag, in every sense of the word. I mentioned the Soproanos comparison above because that is what made the Sopraons was that you actually felt empathy for Tony, you cared about him. Having the head of crime syndicate go to therapy was a stroke of genius by David Chase. Costner is the same scumbag as Tony Soprano, without me caring about him.

In conjunction with how terrible he is as a person is just the arbitrary killing that goes on in the show. At some point, you eventually get arrested for continually killing people, well except in Yellowstone. I think I gave it a fair shot. I will say this, Rip is the only reason to care about the show whatsoever.

Again, hate to get to deep here, but even a show like Seinfeld which is about a group of people who honestly despicable humans, the way the show was written you sort of care about them. I honestly dont care about Costner, his daughter, or anyone else in the show
Or perhaps it could be because you are from New Jersey and can only relate to city life.

Correct, you won't find Yellowstone on Paramount+. Which is a bit ironic since the show airs on the Paramount network. While the show is a Paramount show, NBC owns the streaming rights, which means you'll need the Peacock network.
It airs on the Paramount network for me and is on now. Previous episodes.

I tried to watch it. Thought it would be like a western. Imagine my disappointment when I found it to be a western soap opera.
Agreed. I love westerns, even the modern ones like Wind River. I live in Montana and was looking forward to a good western story line. I've tried watching a few episodes, but found it nearly unwatchable. It feels like the Sopranos writers sat down and tried to to write a western.

1883 isn't much better. It almost lost me in the opening minute when the female narrator used a fake southern accent that was so bad it sounded like she'd taken voice lessons from Brian Kelly. If you can get past that, and suspend your disbelief about how many people a man can kill on city streets in broad daylight without having to answer to authorities in any way, I suppose its mildly entertaining.

Or perhaps it could be because you are from New Jersey and can only relate to city life.
Well I lived in the South in country living for 11 years as an adult. Plus, that is just a dumb statement. So does that mean I can't relate to something where the lead characters name is Steve, because my name is Kris?

Reactions: Jon Snow
Damn people… it’s a TV show. It’s called entertainment. But we can psychoanalyze it if you want. Hey maybe we can even argue about who’s from the city and who’s from the country. I got an idea if you live up north you can’t relate and if you live down south you should relate and maybe the people out west can tell us the scoop. Lol

I got an idea if you like it watch it and if you don’t don’t. Another FGF classic thread where people argue about the weather.

Rip? To me Beth makes the show so great.

Damn people… it’s a TV show. It’s called entertainment. But we can psychoanalyze it if you want. Hey maybe we can even argue about who’s from the city and who’s from the country. I got an idea if you live up north you can’t relate and if you live down south you should relate and maybe the people out west can tell us the scoop. Lol

I got an idea if you like it watch it and if you don’t don’t. Another FGF classic thread where people argue about the weather.
Your absolutely right, and I apologize. I guess it just struck a nerve because every person I have ever met from New Jersey starts off with " I'm from New Jersey " like it makes a difference. Then went on to write a book about how shows from New Jersey and New York are better written etc. Again I apologize.

Your absolutely right, and I apologize. I guess it just struck a nerve because every person I have ever met from New Jersey starts off with " I'm from New Jersey " like it makes a difference. Then went on to write a book about how shows from New Jersey and New York are better written etc. Again I apologize.

I don't really like the Soprano's either, I was just making a point about how the writer of the show, made the character sympathetic by having him in therapy. I just don't find any of the characters in Yellowstone sympathetic. My brother, who I said loves the show, has never lived anywhere but about an 8 mile radius here in Jersey, yet he somehow "understands" the show.

Not psychoanalyzing the show, just saying I need a reason to watch it. The reason we watch and like shows and movies etc is the characters could be relatable, or you feel something for the character. For me, neither of those is true with this show.

People argue about stuff other people don't care to argue about. That's kind of the way the internet works.

I really think Casey's character is awesome. I also like Teeter. She is Michael Landon's daughter, for those that don't know. Somebody wrote that they thought that the horse show type stuff was un-needed. I really like watching the trained horses going through their workouts! I think the singing cowboy does a good job too.

I don’t think the issue with Yellowstone is Taylor Sheridan being stretched too thin. I think the issue is that Taylor Sheridan is too important to Paramount, so they have practically given him carte blanche. Most creator/writer types need someone to reign them in at times. Paramount may have allowed Sheridan to indulge several plot lines that should have been trimmed or cut. (Casey’s vision quest, I’m looking at you)

Reactions: Snake006
I don’t think the issue with Yellowstone is Taylor Sheridan being stretched too thin. I think the issue is that Taylor Sheridan is too important to Paramount, so they have practically given him carte blanche. Most creator/writer types need someone to reign them in at times. Paramount may have allowed Sheridan to indulge several plot lines that should have been trimmed or cut. (Casey’s vision quest, I’m looking at you)
Just watch Letterkenny and laugh a lot.

I’m a huge fan of Yellowstone. With that being said, Season 4 was pretty disappointing with very little story arc. At one point I thought the show could’ve been better than the Sopranos, now I’m not so sure. Seasons 1-3 knocked my socks off though

I’m a huge fan of Yellowstone. With that being said, Season 4 was pretty disappointing with very little story arc. At one point I thought the show could’ve been better than the Sopranos, now I’m not so sure. Seasons 1-3 knocked my socks off though
It felt like so many things were set up, only to see nothing come of it, abandoned plot lines, rushed plot lines, and pointless plot lines.
Roark being killed by rattlesnake-in-a-cooler felt anticlimactic, especially since he had been set up as a potential heavy. The female Native (can’t remember her name) who was hinted to be a serious adversary for the Duttons hasn’t been seen again. Speaking of the Natives; now, they are just there to guide Casey on some mystical journey? That entire arc was SO out of character and didn’t fit with the world Sheridan created for 3 1/2 seasons. Beth’s “I have things I have to do and I need to be married first” felt pointless. And Jimmy? I actually like the character, but he went from spending all that time on the Dutton ranch and was STILL borderline incompetent to spending a few months (it was a few months, right? Was it even that?) and becoming a seasoned cowboy? And don’t get me started on his women. If Sheridan is really stretched too thin, and creating 2 more shows at this time could do that, his budding empire at Paramount is going to implode…but at least he got a contract and crap-ton of money out of it.

Yellowstone certainly is not in a class with Breaking Bad or Soproanos.

I really enjoy watching Beth what with the boobs falling out and her showing her nice little tush all the time but her character is so over the top she is a cartoonish figure. They need to dial her down a notch or two. She can still be sexy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT