ADVERTISEMENT

1-6 in Super Regional game 3s

Glad I saw the one win at the Sarge vs Miami. For a program with such history we sure have a record of choking up at this point.
It's tough when you don't have home field advantage. Two eams out of 8 won on the road to make it to Omaha. Mississippi State and Washington. So 2-6 for the road teams this year. Just saying

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
At times we seemed very relaxed and then at the snap of a finger we'd make an error and play tight for several innings. Happened all 3 games. Today we just got punched in the mouth and didn't ever bother punching back.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
DAMN IT!!! Arky just scored again.. i have blasted this team all year for their failure to push runs in when you get runners on base, not sure last night even that wqould have helped. HOWEVER, i have said, anything less than Omaha for this Program was not a good season.. I take that back, this was a good run, I was hoping for more, but am Proud of getting to the Supers, Both series on the road, Mayb they can come upt next year annd win those games that will get you a Home series.. GO YARDCOCKS, you made us fans proud...

There is no better place to learn how to focus on the negative than right here!

You realize with your little stat that it means we swept three straight Supers, right? I seem to recall that one of those years we swept the post season. Sorry to rain on your "negative party".

You realize with your little stat that it means we swept three straight Supers, right? I seem to recall that one of those years we swept the post season. Sorry to rain on your "negative party".

Just stating a fact that we are a great program that’s struggled in game 3 of a super regional.

Stating your opinion doesn’t bother me nearly as much as mine seems to bother you.

Golden State Warriors are probably disappointed in their game 5, 6, and 7 stats this season :)

All the OP did was pick out a stat that painted us in a bad light, all the while ignoring that we've blown through Super Regionals undefeated during the exact periods he is discussing. Perhaps the answer is better served by adding up our entire Super Regionals wins/losses.

So, kids, let's state the obvious: Stats can be manipulated by parceling out only that stat that helps your argument. Bush league.

All the OP did was pick out a stat that painted us in a bad light, all the while ignoring that we've blown through Super Regionals undefeated during the exact periods he is discussing. Perhaps the answer is better served by adding up our entire Super Regionals wins/losses.

So, kids, let's state the obvious: Stats can be manipulated by parceling out only that stat that helps your argument. Bush league.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Mr CockStrong
Glad I saw the one win at the Sarge vs Miami. For a program with such history we sure have a record of choking up at this point.
Wouldn't necessary call last night choking but we didn't play our best and they seemed to. As for previous Game 3's, I think we should lose the rearview mirror. In our best years we never let the best of 3 series go past 2 games

Reactions: USCBatgirl21

My statistics professor said it best when talking about the interpretation of statistics.

"If your head is in the oven and your feet in a bucket of ice, overall you will feel pretty good".

Reactions: Mr CockStrong

The op loves to downplay anything positive that this team has accomplished. Glad he wasn’t a coach or player this year. Never would’ve made it this far
Oh and I was also at the ‘02 super. I was banging the crap out of the bleachers with many others as we were down 4-1 in the top of the ninth and hit double after double to take a 6-4 lead going into the bottom of the 9th( Miami was the home team in game 3). They got the first 2 on if memory serves and big John Wesley closed it out

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT