ADVERTISEMENT

I TOLD YOU SO!!! Re: UGA not elite & Noodle Lame over rated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConKreteCock

Oct 11, 2008
I essentially stated 4 facts:

1) I've been watching this sport for over 40 yrs.
2) UGA is a tough, solid football team, but are continuously over rated and that their fan base is one of the top 5 most delusional fan bases. Rating those fan bases (Notre Dame is by far the king of delusional fanbases, followed by UGA, Clemson, Florida, and Texas.)
3) I stated (at the time) that UGA had 4, possibly 5 games left and they would end up right back in the same position they ALWAYS wind up in. I stated they'd lose a minimum of 2 the rest of the way....putting them out of the play offs and right back into a meaningless bowl game that no one will remember 3 weeks after it's over. In essence = same ol' same ol' UGA.
4) I stated that each team has their own DNA (as it were) and that UGA's DNA is simply not elite, has not been elite in 3, going on 4 decades now.....and that they are who they are. I said it didn't matter who the coach was. Richt, the Booboo clan, hell, they could dig up Vince Lombardi and it wouldn't make one ounce of difference because UGA is simply not championship material and haven't been in the modern era of football. And they won't be any time soon.

I was called "deranged" by one guy...lol, among other things. Was told my football knowledge was ridiculous, etc, etc. Was told that "This isn't your grandma's bulldogs." and I stated that their "schedule" has not impressed me one little bit. Anyway, they finally played a good team with the same outcome as always: They got their asses handed to them. Same ol' UGA.

Let's recap the highlights of this season shall we? We start with an unranked Noodle Lame team who manages to creep into the rankings at #24 when they played UGA. Of course UGA won by 1 point. So that means the next week, Notre Dame would have fallen out of the polls.....again. Yet about 7 short weeks later, we're supposed to actually "buy" the selection committee's BS that now they're a legit #3 team??

Let's look at something else the selection committee tried to sell us: They tried to actually make us believe that a UGA team....who has done NOTHING in the past 5 years, was actually better than Bama.....and we know Bama's 5 year history.......all I could conclude was that the selection committee is smoking some seriously good crack , or, I had entered an alternate football universe where facts suddenly didn't matter.

Either way, bottom line: UGA is exactly who I said they were. Noodle Lame got exposed for 4,000th time, again, last night because they finally played a well coached and athletic team. And I saved the best for last: I'm really happy for Mark Richt. He paid his dues and proved he's a hall of fame coach, and now, finally, he's actually at a University with Definite Championship DNA.

When someone who has 40 years experience watching this sport tells you something, you might want to listen to them, especially when they're right. I'll begin accepting apologies now..... ;)

Oh, 5) I also said it was going to feel great to tell all of you "I told you so." Turns out, I was right about that too.

2) UGA is a tough, solid football team, but are continuously over rated and that their fan base is one of the top 5 most delusional fan bases. Rating those fan bases (Notre Dame is by far the king of delusional fanbases, followed by UGA, Clemson, Florida, and Texas.)
3) I stated (at the time) that UGA had 4, possibly 5 games left and they would end up right back in the same position they ALWAYS wind up in. I stated they'd lose a minimum of 2 the rest of the way....putting them out of the play offs and right back into a meaningless bowl game that no one will remember 3 weeks after it's over. In essence = same ol' same ol' UGA.
4) I stated that each team has their own DNA (as it were) and that UGA's DNA is simply not elite, has not been elite in 3, going on 4 decades now.....and that they are who they are. I said it didn't matter who the coach was. Richt, the Booboo clan, hell, they could dig up Vince Lombardi and it wouldn't make one ounce of difference because UGA is simply not championship material and haven't been in the modern era of football. And they won't be any time soon.

I was called "deranged" by one guy...lol, among other things. Was told my football knowledge was ridiculous, etc, etc. Was told that "This isn't your grandma's bulldogs." and I stated that their "schedule" has not impressed me one little bit. Anyway, they finally played a good team with the same outcome as always: They got their asses handed to them. Same ol' UGA.

Let's recap the highlights of this season shall we? We start with an unranked Noodle Lame team who manages to creep into the rankings at #24 when they played UGA. Of course UGA won by 1 point. So that means the next week, Notre Dame would have fallen out of the polls.....again. Yet about 7 short weeks later, we're supposed to actually "buy" the selection committee's BS that now they're a legit #3 team??

Let's look at something else the selection committee tried to sell us: They tried to actually make us believe that a UGA team....who has done NOTHING in the past 5 years, was actually better than Bama.....and we know Bama's 5 year history.......all I could conclude was that the selection committee is smoking some seriously good crack , or, I had entered an alternate football universe where facts suddenly didn't matter.

Either way, bottom line: UGA is exactly who I said they were. Noodle Lame got exposed for 4,000th time, again, last night because they finally played a well coached and athletic team. And I saved the best for last: I'm really happy for Mark Richt. He paid his dues and proved he's a hall of fame coach, and now, finally, he's actually at a University with Definite Championship DNA.

When someone who has 40 years experience watching this sport tells you something, you might want to listen to them, especially when they're right. I'll begin accepting apologies now..... ;)

Oh, 5) I also said it was going to feel great to tell all of you "I told you so." Turns out, I was right about that too.

Ok so do we beat Clemson or Not. That’s all I want to know. F Georgia

Last edited:

And a number of us agreed with you at the time. Maybe you should let this drop.

Looks like our loss was quite the relief for you. Congratulations.

Looks like our loss was quite the relief for you. Congratulations.

Not a relief at all. Just inevitable...., I tried to tell you.

And a number of us agreed with you at the time. Maybe you should let this drop.

A number of you agreed? Yeah, I don't remember that happening. At all. And I am letting it go. UGA got waxed as expected. They'll get waxed again before it's over, but the powers that be will do everything in their power to keep ND, UGA, in the hunt......despite overwhelming evidence that they simply do not belong in the conversation. But if you thought I was going to walk away without rubbing every bit of my "100% correct" thoughts in all the haters faces, you don't know me very well.

Now, on with the season. Was proud of the Gamecocks beating UF but we made it closer than it needed to be. I'd hate to be the DB's that let everyone get behind them on that busted coverage that let UF score that last TD. On the other hand, I bet it doesn't happen again this season.

This proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that I was correct. You are deranged! You continue to be absolutely obsessed with convincing Georgia fans that they are not elite. Who cares? Oh yeah, only you do. Get a freaking life!!!!

Reactions: bosoxcock
This proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that I was correct. You are deranged! You continue to be absolutely obsessed with convincing Georgia fans that they are not elite. Who cares? Oh yeah, only you do. Get a freaking life!!!!

I see. So, I was right in EVERYTHING I said, but I'm deranged? Are you by chance a liberal? That's the only explanation I can come up with. You hate facts. Liberals hate facts. Oh, and they can't stand being wrong. Either way, you're the one that either needs to learn some football history and gain some knowledge, or seek help. You obviously have issues with facts.

Is your back sore from all your hand slapping.
the more words you put into a diatribe doesn't make you smarter

A diatribe? You wouldn't know the difference between a diatribe and well laid out facts if it smacked you in the face. I never said I was smarter. (Pay attention) I said, I was right. There is a difference. Do me a favor? Don't speak to me anymore. You can't even begin to hold my jockstrap when it comes to any sort of football knowledge you think you might have. And you sure as shootin' don't have what it takes to take me to task regarding football. Stay in the kiddie pool.

I see. So, I was right in EVERYTHING I said, but I'm deranged? Are you by chance a liberal? That's the only explanation I can come up with. You hate facts. Liberals hate facts. Oh, and they can't stand being wrong. Either way, you're the one that either needs to learn some football history and gain some knowledge, or seek help. You obviously have issues with facts.
Dude, your ability to be factual ain’t what scares everybody. You don’t own guns and live with your mom do ya?

Not too good. I would feel better if it wasn't a total domination on both LOS. But it was.
I was really caught off guard on what happened to Georgia last Saturday. I thought Georgia would win as a result of the momentum going their way and Kirbys Familiarity with Auburn. With the exception of South Carolina,I do not like any team in the SEC , however, I do wish for Georgia to at least cover the point spread (-21) or more against Kentucky this weekend.

A diatribe? You wouldn't know the difference between a diatribe and well laid out facts if it smacked you in the face. I never said I was smarter. (Pay attention) I said, I was right. There is a difference. Do me a favor? Don't speak to me anymore. You can't even begin to hold my jockstrap when it comes to any sort of football knowledge you think you might have. And you sure as shootin' don't have what it takes to take me to task regarding football. Stay in the kiddie pool.

You sure do enjoy yourself ...Apparently you wouldnt know a opinion from a fact if it hit you in the face. You mention twice that because you have been watching football 40 years people should listen to you..I've been around more than 40 years and I know when I see an ego maniac
Did a Georgia fan steal your dog or girlfriend when you were little..its over , you can get another dog and maybe even a girlfriend

Last edited:
What the OP stated was opinion not fact

Calling a fan base one of the top 5 most delusional is one's opinion not a fact
Stating UGA won't be playoff caliber "ANY TIME SOON" is an opinion. It may not happen but that still doesn't qualify as a fact at this time

BTW, I have stated many times having living in the Atlanta area I can't stand UGA fans, so I am not a UGA apologist

Best of luck in Atlanta. But y'all really need to check the boxes vs. Tech before then or winning the SECCG won't get you back into the CFP.

Thanks, I agree that we need to be right for both Kentucky and GT - those games are not gimmes.

I am not optimistic about the SECCG regardless of the opponent, but it is always nice to get there and watch one extra game.

Thanks, I agree that we need to be right for both Kentucky and GT - those games are not gimmes.

I am not optimistic about the SECCG regardless of the opponent, but it is always nice to get there and watch one extra game.
Mistakes turned the Auburn game. Extending that drive twice with penalties that culminated with them throwing that long touchdown pass got the boulder rolling downhill on top of y'all.

I realize some of these unwise folks will be down on me for saying this. ConKreteCock, U are correct on your 5 points. Just saying!

When someone who has 40 years experience watching this sport tells you something, you might want to listen to them, especially when they're right. I'll begin accepting apologies now.....

You started watching football at 4 years old?

There ISN'T an elite team in the country this year. There are some really good ones, but none that will be talked about in the years to come.

Agreed, but... Baker Mayfield IS one of the all-time greats. I was criticized for saying watch out for Oklahoma. Yes, I understand their defense is turrible. However, like you suggest, there are no great teams this year, and I promise you no coach of a really good team wants to face Mayfield in the playoff.

Reactions: Cock-Vader
Agreed, but... Baker Mayfield IS one of the all-time greats. I was criticized for saying watch out for Oklahoma. Yes, I understand their defense is turrible. However, like you suggest, there are no great teams this year, and I promise you no coach of a really good team wants to face Mayfield in the playoff.
Mayfield is the best player in the country as of this week, agreed.

Were you always such a self righteous dick for all the 40 years you have watched CFB? Seems to me you are obsessed with UGA... sad for you, as I will be pulling for South Carolina to knock off Clem.

UGA was its own worst enemy against the barn. Thats the frustrating part. When the stakes are high, nobody steps on their own dicks better than we do.

Every team you mentioned that was "delusional" has won multiple championships. You need to qualify what is elite. Schools that can go out and make any hire should be considered elite. Florida, Tennessee, ND, etc....it's because of history and base (fans, stadium, tradition etc). That really counts for something. Georgia has been a great program for years. It may have not translated into NC's, but still elite. I've been watching CF for over 45 years, and you sir, are delusional.

Reactions: bosoxcock
I realize some of these unwise folks will be down on me for saying this. ConKreteCock, U are correct on your 5 points. Just saying!
I agree. I enjoyed his post. Bobo is HC at Col St U. He somehow managed to lose Sat.
Hope he comes back to SEC. Have been a fan of his since he was at Ga and I read he had five kids under the age of five. He and Spurrier Jr should get married.

There ISN'T an elite team in the country this year. There are some really good ones, but none that will be talked about in the years to come.
This is as true as it's been in years in cfb. ANY team in the country is capable of losing before the end of the season.

Reactions: Cock-Vader

I went to my first Carolina game in 1962 and have been hooked on football ever since. That was 45 years ago and still nothing surprises me in a sport played by 19 year olds. The only constant I have seen over the long haul has been Alabama. I did not foresee the rise of programs like Oregon, Va Tech, Boise St, Baylor, etc in recent years nor do I see programs such as Texas, Michigan, Tennessee, Notre Dame, Southern Cal, etc fall from their earlier lofty heights. The differential has always been coaching hires and having the ability to retain them, and therefore it comes down to savvy AD's. That's my take.

TiUxUMX.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT