ADVERTISEMENT

Joyner needs to be a full time WR next year...

As opposed to this year when he was only put in at WR as a prelude to moving to wildcat the following play when everybody knew he was going to run the ball 99% of the time?

Reactions: Brace1
Joyner could be the second coming of Lamar Jackson but this staff wouldn't see it- or develop it
Joyner could be the second coming of Lamar Jackson but this staff wouldn't see it- or develop it
He was given a fair shot to win the starting job. He was here a year ahead of Helinski. And couldn't do it. Nothing I have seen from him indicates that he is the better QB. They see him every day in practice. Even this staff is capable of determining who the better player is.

We need a full time, proven wide receiver coach that has mentored and developed NFL draft picks and an Offensive Coordinator worth the salary we are paying.

He was given a fair shot to win the starting job. He was here a year ahead of Helinski. And couldn't do it. Nothing I have seen from him indicates that he is the better QB. They see him every day in practice. Even this staff is capable of determining who the better player is.
Ok

Reactions: olpolecat
No they aren't. Manos started at center in the UNC game after this coaching staff had all off-season to determine the 'best' starting 5 across the OL. This same staff continued to start Jam Williams almost every game until he finally entered the transfer portal.

Lamar Jackson= strong arm, tall, world class speed, Great deep ball touch...... Joyner = not fast, he is quick, below average arm strength .... I don't think most people understand that the fastest clock time I have seen on him is 4.65.. most are 4.7

Reactions: Brace1
Lamar Jackson= strong arm, tall, world class speed, Great deep ball touch...... Joyner = not fast, he is quick, below average arm strength .... I don't think most people understand that the fastest clock time I have seen on him is 4.65.. most are 4.7
Plus Ravens have built there offense around Lamar. 3 tight end sets, burner wide receiver and stud running backs. I absolutely loved the Heisman backfield with Lamar running the option with Mark Ingram and RG3 and the pitch to RG3.

If that is the time you have seen on him, you have not seen him play much. This kid is very elusive and I have watched him play for 6 years. This kid has can be very dynamic, but nobody can get into a flow when you are playing sporadically what 6 plays a game at two different positions. Joyner is a explosive as Bruce Ellington and being from the lowcountry myself and acquaintences of both, Bruce would tell you that. The difference is Bruce go to concentrate on one position and though he started slow as receiver, we all see what he turned into by the time he left.

I'm still waiting to see Joyner's athleticism. People talk about watching him play in high school, but don't forget how crazy athletic Brandon McIlwain looked in high school and how crazy unathletic he looked here.

Not saying there isn't a role for Dak, but folks need to give it a rest treating him like the savior of the program. So far he hasn't excelled at anything we've seen him do.

If that is the time you have seen on him, you have not seen him play much. This kid is very elusive and I have watched him play for 6 years. This kid has can be very dynamic, but nobody can get into a flow when you are playing sporadically what 6 plays a game at two different positions. Joyner is a explosive as Bruce Ellington and being from the lowcountry myself and acquaintences of both, Bruce would tell you that. The difference is Bruce go to concentrate on one position and though he started slow as receiver, we all see what he turned into by the time he left.
4.63 was his best time in the 40...... I'm not saying he's not elusive and quick.. He's just no Fast... I love Dak, I'm just telling the truth... He's nowhere near as fast as Lamar.... Lamar is a 4.3 athlete..... That's a huge difference in speed..

Joyner should play slot receiver next season. He just too short and small to play dual threat quarterback at the SEC level.

He probably will , just not in Columbia . He has stated multiple times that if wanted to play WR or DB he would have gone somewhere else . Only reason he came here was to play QB . I would almost bet the house he’s gone after this year and i can’t really blame him.

Joyner should play slot receiver next season. He just too short and small to play dual threat quarterback at the SEC level.

I don't think he's been given his shot at QB. Yes, he's been at the QB position, but the questionable play calling has not allowed him the chance to succeed. I would love to see him get a game at the position before making a decision.

He probably will , just not in Columbia . He has stated multiple times that if wanted to play WR or DB he would have gone somewhere else . Only reason he came here was to play QB . I would almost bet the house he’s gone after this year and i can’t really blame him.

Unless he sat went down to a FCS school, he'd have to sit out a year... I don't see that happening. I think he can help this team, but it needs to be at the WR position, with the occasional Wildcat mixed in (hopefully throwing it sometimes to keep the D honest)

Based on what? All he has done is catch a couple hitches and slants. He hasn't shown much elusiveness. Maybe it is because of the hamstring, however, I just don't see the excitement for Joyner at receiver right now.

He has potential, but seldom used because of our backup QB situation. If it is made known to him that he will be needed in the slot position, he may govern himself accordingly and spend the off season bulking up. Of course this is if Bentley comes back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT