ADVERTISEMENT

Lowest point in Gamecock Football history in my life

ken in sacramento

Jan 16, 2000
Our coaches are clueless, arrogant, and boring.

When we were 1-10, at least we knew Brad Scott would be fired. That 0-11 team was competitive and improved each week, and we had Holtz at the helm so things were looking up.

We are stuck with this awful coach who cannot develop QBs. Jake Bentley played every meaningful snap (except Mizzu) for 3 years. At no time did another QB get a chance to play and develop, even when games were out of hand (Belk Bowl- alarm bells were going off over this). We'll be in the exact same situation next year. If 3 gets hurt (and he probably will because no matter how hobbled he is- Muschamp will send him out) we'll have no QB with any experience. Muschamp did the same thing at UF- trotted Driskel out there over and over- no mater how bad he played. And he was bad. You have to develop the roster, especially QBs. UNLESS- you're winning and every game is close.

We can't afford to fire him because our stupid amateur AD provided him a buyout going into year 4. No professional AD would have done this. Year 4, your honeymoon is over- the results should be there- or not. But Tanner just handed him another honeymoon. Maybe some teams were calling but if that is true- negotiate from there. Inexcusable.

This staff cannot manage a big time NCAA program. They just can't. I do expect changes but probably too little too late. I don't expect gamecock football to even have a chance to be relevant again until 2022.

I feel the most bad for the kids. They played harder than the staff deserved. It must be awful for them.

All that said, I'll be back next year to cheer for them (the kids) because I am a Gamecock and I always will be a Gamecock; and so are these kids. Muschamp will eventually be gone but the Gamecocks will be here forever. Any kid that shows up in the garnet and black will have my support, always and forever.

When we were 1-10, at least we knew Brad Scott would be fired. That 0-11 team was competitive and improved each week, and we had Holtz at the helm so things were looking up.

We are stuck with this awful coach who cannot develop QBs. Jake Bentley played every meaningful snap (except Mizzu) for 3 years. At no time did another QB get a chance to play and develop, even when games were out of hand (Belk Bowl- alarm bells were going off over this). We'll be in the exact same situation next year. If 3 gets hurt (and he probably will because no matter how hobbled he is- Muschamp will send him out) we'll have no QB with any experience. Muschamp did the same thing at UF- trotted Driskel out there over and over- no mater how bad he played. And he was bad. You have to develop the roster, especially QBs. UNLESS- you're winning and every game is close.

We can't afford to fire him because our stupid amateur AD provided him a buyout going into year 4. No professional AD would have done this. Year 4, your honeymoon is over- the results should be there- or not. But Tanner just handed him another honeymoon. Maybe some teams were calling but if that is true- negotiate from there. Inexcusable.

This staff cannot manage a big time NCAA program. They just can't. I do expect changes but probably too little too late. I don't expect gamecock football to even have a chance to be relevant again until 2022.

I feel the most bad for the kids. They played harder than the staff deserved. It must be awful for them.

All that said, I'll be back next year to cheer for them (the kids) because I am a Gamecock and I always will be a Gamecock; and so are these kids. Muschamp will eventually be gone but the Gamecocks will be here forever. Any kid that shows up in the garnet and black will have my support, always and forever.
Well said..,... Good post... It's disheartening and what I call...... frustrated embarrassment...

Reactions: DukeDenver
We evidently only have to put up with him 1 more year.
There is absolutely no way we go to a bowl game next year and with a guaranteed losing season next year they will have to replace him.

My sentiments exactly. Even doing those 1/22 years I knew things were going to get better but now I'm not so sure.

Reactions: howard13

Muschamp will never learn because he's too arrogant to see his own flaws.

I'll turn 69 in a couple of weeks and have been pulling for USC since I was nine. I can say without hesitancy that I have never seen the fanbase this alienated from the program ever.

It was similar at the end of Dietzel's tenure. There were fans at games holding up signs and booing. People wrote letters to the editor and the radio call-in shows were turning more and more hostile. He couldn't recruit the talent or get the right assistants and did the noble thing and resigned.

We had a plan in place for Dietzel. Mooney Player lobbied hard for the job, but we had our sights on Carlen. He was the head coach at W. Virginia when we lost to them in the Peach Bowl. (Bobby Bowden was the OC.)

Reactions: king ward
It was similar at the end of Dietzel's tenure. There were fans at games holding up signs and booing. People wrote letters to the editor and the radio call-in shows were turning more and more hostile. He couldn't recruit the talent or get the right assistants and did the noble thing and resigned.

We had a plan in place for Dietzel. Mooney Player lobbied hard for the job, but we had our sights on Carlen. He was the head coach at W. Virginia when we lost to them in the Peach Bowl. (Bobby Bowden was the OC.)
I remember it well. What we didn't have then were the internet and social media. Everything is ramped up - especially the negative.

Reactions: OldWiseCock
I went to my first football game here in 1968 as a kid and I for one am glad that the long suffering fans are finally standing up to demand someone be accountable for this crap we're being shoveled year after year. Don't remember hearing the anger that is out there now. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone in our program knows how to win.

Have been a fan since Dietzel and just about, just about, don't care anymore. Have had hopes dashed too many times.

The people who control GC FB laugh at us behind our backs for being such great fans of a school that doesn't deserve us and get rich off of us.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I mentioned the other day I feel free in a way. I have no rebuttal to anything a Clemson fan says. I’m afraid we’re headed towards a 10-bomb and worse.

take a lesson from our players who were finger wagging and talking smack when down by 3 scores.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT