ADVERTISEMENT

LSU by two touchdowns over Clemson

Joe Burrow will be his usual awesome self. I feel that I am being too generous for Clemson in this prediction.
LSU is the easy pick, but many thought Bama's offense was basically unstoppable last year. Tua didn't play a single snap in the 4th quarter until week 11-12 or something like that. Yet Clemson still dominated them.

So, you just never know. If a team could beat LSU, it would be a team that can score a lot themselves, and occasionally get in Burrow's face to create a few negative plays. Clemson has as good a shot as anyone at being the team that could pull that off.

Reactions: agantt
Clem is notorious for "finding ways to win." They have won championships despite having a weaker scheme and marginal talent

Watch out for pick plays in the end zone and blatant defensive and offensive pass interference no calls in favor of Clem. Also when Clem is losing in the 3rd quarter, you can bet the leading rusher for the opposing team will go down with a mysterious lower leg injury akin to Scarbrough and Dobbins.

Also will the 6'6" QB drop to his knees again and draw a key targeting penalty? Stay tuned...
Marginal talent?

Clem is notorious for "finding ways to win." They have won championships despite having a weaker scheme and marginal talent

Watch out for pick plays in the end zone and blatant defensive and offensive pass interference no calls in favor of Clem. Also when Clem is losing in the 3rd quarter, you can bet the leading rusher for the opposing team will go down with a mysterious lower leg injury akin to Scarbrough and Dobbins.

Also will the 6'6" QB drop to his knees again and draw a key targeting penalty? Stay tuned...
giphy.gif

I'd love to see that happen, but I just dont see it. LSU's defense has looked suspect at times against good competition. And Clemson has been very successful at holding people to field goals in the red zone. That is what beat OSU. Also it is what went a long way towards the blowout against Bama last year. Their gave up a ton of yard to Bama. But gave Clemson a gift TD early on an int., and then had to kick field goals in the red zone while Clemson scored touchdowns. Think red zone performance will be the difference in the game outside of the usual things like turnovers.
LSU had three players injured and out that will play on Sunday's next year. This is not the same defense they had in the middle of the season. They cover their areas and are some of the most physical tacklers I've seen.

LSU's D is better now than they were mid season. They have averaged giving up 15 points in the last 3 games versus AnM, Ga, and Oky. And the points Oky scored were in garbage time

LSU's D is better now than they were mid season. They have averaged giving up 15 points in the last 3 games versus AnM, Ga, and Oky. And the points Oky scored were in garbage time

True, but all of those teams had key injuries and weak offenses that were not able to move the ball. Yes, even Oklahoma's offense struggled down the stretch. Fromm was under 50% passing for something like 5 or 6 of his last games. I dont think UGA and TAMU even rank in the top50 offenses.

The game gets a lot different when the opposing offense can actually move the ball and keep LSU off the field and without great field position. Plus, that means the opposing defense does not get gassed as quickly/easily.

I think this is going to be an awesome game and come down to the end. I will say something like 35-31 or 38-35 and I dont know who wins.

Reactions: agantt
This is the kind of post people end up regret making. UGA was a good win but they weren't that good this year. They ran up the score against Murray State, Arkansas State, and Georgia Tech (maybe the worst P5 team).They played 5 ranked games, and 3 were within one score, and only outscored their 5 opponents 21-20 on average. After the Tennessee game, they only scored 28 or more once, against Georgia Tech. They were most decidedly not a top 5 team. Oklahoma was a substantially worse team than theirs the past 2 years. They only lost the one game before this, but do you really think they were top 5? Last year, against a much, much better Oklahoma, Alabama went up 28-0 in the second quarter and then started subbing in some backups to rest their players for the championship. The difference was LSU left their starters in almost all game to run up the score. LSU ran up the score almost every game (Burrow threw a pass in the 4th quarter in 11 games this year) and still had a much closer margin of victory than Clemson or Ohio State. Clemson has a much wider margin of victory (48-10 the last 8 weeks) yet pulled their starters at the beginning of the third quarter on average.

I think the real national championship was played in Arizona two weeks ago. I suspect this game could get ugly.
LOL at #4 team in the country not being that good this year. We were 12-2 and controlled every game (except LSU) with our defense. Yes we had our offensive struggles starting against you guys when Cager went down, but a 12 win SEC team who beat ND and 11 win Baylor (easily) wasn't a good team is absolutely laughable. Let's see if Clemson holds LSU their lowest yards of the season. I highly doubt it. LSU by 2 scores Monday.

Reactions: BigTomE
This is the kind of post people end up regret making. UGA was a good win but they weren't that good this year. They ran up the score against Murray State, Arkansas State, and Georgia Tech (maybe the worst P5 team).They played 5 ranked games, and 3 were within one score, and only outscored their 5 opponents 21-20 on average. After the Tennessee game, they only scored 28 or more once, against Georgia Tech. They were most decidedly not a top 5 team. Oklahoma was a substantially worse team than theirs the past 2 years. They only lost the one game before this, but do you really think they were top 5? Last year, against a much, much better Oklahoma, Alabama went up 28-0 in the second quarter and then started subbing in some backups to rest their players for the championship. The difference was LSU left their starters in almost all game to run up the score. LSU ran up the score almost every game (Burrow threw a pass in the 4th quarter in 11 games this year) and still had a much closer margin of victory than Clemson or Ohio State. Clemson has a much wider margin of victory (48-10 the last 8 weeks) yet pulled their starters at the beginning of the third quarter on average.

I think the real national championship was played in Arizona two weeks ago. I suspect this game could get ugly.

I've never regretted a single post I've ever made here. I stated my opinion, which is sort of the point of this forum. Let me ask you this tater, which team is more tested? Sure, Clemson beat a very solid Ohio State team, with a little help from some controversial calls.

Really? You want to talk about regular season schedules? UGA played 5 ranked teams and they're not very good? What? How many ranked teams did Clemson play? Regular season schedules are not supporting your argument.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Not sold on the LSU defense.
I think OSU had a better defense than LSU but I also don't see Lawrence breaking 40 yard runs off on LSU. They have way more speed than OSU did. Those guys were tough along the LOS but everyone overall looked slow.

LOL at #4 team in the country not being that good this year. We were 12-2 and controlled every game (except LSU) with our defense. Yes we had our offensive struggles starting against you guys when Cager went down, but a 12 win SEC team who beat ND and 11 win Baylor (easily) wasn't a good team is absolutely laughable. Let's see if Clemson holds LSU their lowest yards of the season. I highly doubt it. LSU by 2 scores Monday.

UGA was a good team, but not a top five team. They’d lose to LSU, Clemson, OSU, Alabama, Oregon, Wisconsin, Penn State, Utah, and Boise State. So maybe they should be tenth.

They’d lose to a full strength OU too, so maybe eleventh is right. Top 15, but no way top 5.

Last edited:
I think OSU had a better defense than LSU but I also don't see Lawrence breaking 40 yard runs off on LSU. They have way more speed than OSU did. Those guys were tough along the LOS but everyone overall looked slow.

Both teams are good. OSU is faster on average and has a few more NFL prospects. Don’t drink too much of the SEC Kool-Aid, sure the SEC typically has the most total talent, but the only team that compares or exceeds OSU is Alabama.

Reactions: Blaken91
LSU has the best offense for both ypg and ppg, going against a much tougher sled than OSU. Nevertheless, Fields was 30/46 for 320 yards. If you watched the game, OSU pretty much had their way offensively for the first quarter and a half and just shot themselves in the foot in the red zone. I've seen both offenses operate and there's no comparison at all. Burrow is downright surgical in his execution and should easily surpass 400 yards passing on Monday.
Hope so.

LSU is the easy pick, but many thought Bama's offense was basically unstoppable last year. Tua didn't play a single snap in the 4th quarter until week 11-12 or something like that. Yet Clemson still dominated them.

So, you just never know. If a team could beat LSU, it would be a team that can score a lot themselves, and occasionally get in Burrow's face to create a few negative plays. Clemson has as good a shot as anyone at being the team that could pull that off.
Clemson doesn't have anywhere close to the DL they had last year.

Clemson doesn't have anywhere close to the DL they had last year.

They are younger, but there's still first round talent on that line. Nobody as big as Dex, but he didn't play in the CFP last year. I think LSU requires a 3 man front anyway - their TB is more a threat catching the ball than running between the tackles, at least for the 2 or 3 good teams that LSU has played so far.

Bama, Texas A&M, Auburn, Georgia, Florida, Oklahoma and Texas...just curious,would your power 5 opponets beat any of them, outside our freak win over GA?

If you count the full season up till now, OSU would beat all of them. That's the one good team Clemson has played. I wasn't counting A&M, because they are mediocre.

For LSU, I counted Alabama, Auburn, and maybe Georgia as good.

If you count the full season up till now, OSU would beat all of them. That's the one good team Clemson has played. I wasn't counting A&M, because they are mediocre.

For LSU, I counted Alabama, Auburn, and maybe Georgia as good.

maybe, OSU needed 4 quarters to beat Wisconsin and Penn State, so both Auburn and Bama would both take them to the wire or possibly beat them. My point was LSU has played way better teams week to week and it's not even close.

maybe, OSU needed 4 quarters to beat Wisconsin and Penn State, so both Auburn and Bama would both take them to the wire or possibly beat them. My point was LSU has played way better teams week to week and it's not even close.

Wisconsin does have a better defense than almost anybody LSU played. Their offense just doesn't have enough firepower. But no, Auburn and Bama would have no shot at OSU. LSU is a great team, but their stats are inflated (on purpose) by leaving the starters in so much longer than they should have been. Once again, Clemson has played more players than any other team. And they've signed 12 fewer recruits in the last 5 years than any of the other three CFP, including the 29 signees in 2019. I wouldn't expect to win or even compete, except this year does remind me of all the hype last year about Bama being the best team of all time. I think Burrow has to have an off night or fall for the same tricks that Tua did and Fields almost did (almost same play as the CFP last year, but the DB dropped the int instead of making it a pick-six) in order for us to win. Or Trevor and the WRs just play lights out and it's a shootout.

UGA was a good team, but not a top five team. They’d lose to LSU, Clemson, OSU, Alabama, Oregon, Wisconsin, Penn State, Utah, and Boise State. So maybe they should be tenth.

They’d lose to a full strength OU too, so maybe eleventh is right. Top 15, but no way top 5.
LOL... you should sit this one out. Are all Clemson fans this astute? I mean, I understand a Clemson fan not understanding strength of schedule... haha. Also, we haven't been at full strength for a while, but with that schedule you probably don't understand what either. We don't ostarine.
giphy.gif

LOL... you should sit this one out. Are all Clemson fans this astute? I mean, I understand a Clemson fan not understanding strength of schedule... haha. Also, we haven't been at full strength for a while, but with that schedule you probably don't understand what either. We don't ostarine.
giphy.gif

Everybody knows Georgia sucks. It's a thing.
Give them the 5 best players off of each playoff team and they will still find a way to mess it up. Give them 5 FCS games and 5 Go5 games and they will find a way to lose one of them.

Wisconsin does have a better defense than almost anybody LSU played. Their offense just doesn't have enough firepower. But no, Auburn and Bama would have no shot at OSU. LSU is a great team, but their stats are inflated (on purpose) by leaving the starters in so much longer than they should have been. Once again, Clemson has played more players than any other team. And they've signed 12 fewer recruits in the last 5 years than any of the other three CFP, including the 29 signees in 2019. I wouldn't expect to win or even compete, except this year does remind me of all the hype last year about Bama being the best team of all time. I think Burrow has to have an off night or fall for the same tricks that Tua did and Fields almost did (almost same play as the CFP last year, but the DB dropped the int instead of making it a pick-six) in order for us to win. Or Trevor and the WRs just play lights out and it's a shootout.
Yeah that Wisconsin defense that Illinois burned. You're blind if you think Wisconsin defense is close to Auburn's yet Wisconsin put a scare into OSU.

Both teams are good. OSU is faster on average and has a few more NFL prospects. Don’t drink too much of the SEC Kool-Aid, sure the SEC typically has the most total talent, but the only team that compares or exceeds OSU is Alabama.
You think Ohio State is faster than LSU? You really are delusional.

They are younger, but there's still first round talent on that line. Nobody as big as Dex, but he didn't play in the CFP last year. I think LSU requires a 3 man front anyway - their TB is more a threat catching the ball than running between the tackles, at least for the 2 or 3 good teams that LSU has played so far.
2 or 3 good teams? Stop smoking the orange crack.

You think Ohio State is faster than LSU? You really are delusional.

Do yourself a favor and do some research before mouthing off. Too many of the SEC superfans are just ignorant about the outside world. OSU talent is superior to LSU’s everywhere, except the secondary is comparable. OSU’s secondary has played better though.

Reactions: boclemsonbo
Do yourself a favor and do some research before mouthing off. Too many of the SEC superfans are just ignorant about the outside world. OSU talent is superior to LSU’s everywhere, except the secondary is comparable. OSU’s secondary has played better though.

This Tater's cheese dun slid off his cracka'. You really should seek some help, Taterboy.
LSU would beat the doo-doo out of OSU. Would not even be close. I think they will beat your little tater tots by 2 td's, although with the horseshoe that Yabba Dabo Doo carries up his rear, you never can say for sure.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT